Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

Girly Bits don't ship to the UK anymore ☹️
It's allowing me to estimate shipping and I'm getting fairly far through the checkout process (with a dummy order of things available now!) - maybe it's available again? I think I might just go for it when it launches later and add the other Tonic I want to the order, and cross my fingers! Because as far as I know customs aren't doing border charges since the new rules came in, though I could be very wrong!!! If it all falls down at the end I can still go back to RC I guess.

Anitacska

It's allowing me to estimate shipping and I'm getting fairly far through the checkout process (with a dummy order of things available now!) - maybe it's available again? I think I might just go for it when it launches later and add the other Tonic I want to the order, and cross my fingers! Because as far as I know customs aren't doing border charges since the new rules came in, though I could be very wrong!!! If it all falls down at the end I can still go back to RC I guess.
I don't know. I asked a couple of weeks ago and she said she wasn't.

The organiser of the HHC UK group buy got stung 20% plus an extra fee (dumping fee or something) which was another 25% or so. So I wouldn't say they're not doing it. But GB always marks it down to $10 or something like that.

PearlyQueen

I don't know. I asked a couple of weeks ago and she said she wasn't.

The organiser of the HHC UK group buy got stung 20% plus an extra fee (dumping fee or something) which was another 25% or so. So I wouldn't say they're not doing it. But GB always marks it down to $10 or something like that.
I ended up buying from RC, I'd got something wrong when I worked out the pricing and it ended up being just £4 more via RC, with the risk of no shipping or extra Royal Mail charges I figured it wasn't worth the worry after all. Not sure whether I calculated wrongly on the exchange rate or if it was the actual price was higher than I thought it would be. I was going to get two of the group customs but ended up with just one, the new polish positivity release and Tonic Ember Light. Anyway, got my FB membership discount as Nailed It! did let me in before release.

Anitacska

I ended up buying from RC, I'd got something wrong when I worked out the pricing and it ended up being just £4 more via RC, with the risk of no shipping or extra Royal Mail charges I figured it wasn't worth the worry after all. Not sure whether I calculated wrongly on the exchange rate or if it was the actual price was higher than I thought it would be. I was going to get two of the group customs but ended up with just one, the new polish positivity release and Tonic Ember Light. Anyway, got my FB membership discount as Nailed It! did let me in before release.
I wasn't sure about Ember Light, but I might ask for a decant. It looked similar to some PfD flakies, but I might be wrong.

Anitacska

It's too hot to do anything, so I've cropped some mani pictures. First up is Cupcake Polish Mod Squad with Dreamland Violet, You're Turning Violent on the accents. I loved the Dreamland and the Cupcake went well with it.

IMG_20210607_133320777.jpg

IMG_20210607_133250954.jpg

Next is Glam Polish Incurably Romantic with Glam Polish Too Glam to Give a Damn! on the accents. They were okay, but not that exciting.

IMG_20210609_120722707.jpg

IMG_20210609_120752903.jpg

Finally, this is Polished for Days Flambe topped with Illyrian Polish Last Phase on the accents. I loved the PfD, so pretty, but I probably should've thinned it a bit as it was a bit thick and started chipping very quickly. The Illyrian was really sheer, so decided to put it on top of the PfD.

IMG_20210611_100526923.jpg

IMG_20210611_100555304.jpg

IMG_20210611_100602758.jpg

IMG_20210611_140518061.jpg

PearlyQueen

It's too hot to do anything, so I've cropped some mani pictures. First up is Cupcake Polish Mod Squad with Dreamland Violet, You're Turning Violent on the accents. I loved the Dreamland and the Cupcake went well with it.

View attachment 69477

View attachment 69478

Next is Glam Polish Incurably Romantic with Glam Polish Too Glam to Give a Damn! on the accents. They were okay, but not that exciting.

View attachment 69479

View attachment 69480

Finally, this is Polished for Days Flambe topped with Illyrian Polish Last Phase on the accents. I loved the PfD, so pretty, but I probably should've thinned it a bit as it was a bit thick and started chipping very quickly. The Illyrian was really sheer, so decided to put it on top of the PfD.

View attachment 69481

View attachment 69482

View attachment 69483

View attachment 69484
These are all really nice! (By the way, Last Phase was not too sheer when I wore it FYI)

PearlyQueen

So still no news from Illyrian, it's been way too long now. No response to email, no shipping notice. I think I'll have to email again but I'm not feeling confident I'm getting these polishes :(
What do you think of the new Glams coming soon? Can't say I'm taken with them, might change my mind when there are more swatches but initial impression is a pass for me.

Anitacska

So still no news from Illyrian, it's been way too long now. No response to email, no shipping notice. I think I'll have to email again but I'm not feeling confident I'm getting these polishes :(
What do you think of the new Glams coming soon? Can't say I'm taken with them, might change my mind when there are more swatches but initial impression is a pass for me.
That's awful! Wonder what her excuse will be this time.

I really liked the first picture of the collection, but then looked more closely and it's pretty much the repeat of the same colours she does every summer. The only one that's at all unique is the one with golden shimmer and pink and black flakes, but I doubt I'll buy it. I also like the copper holo from the trio, but I'm sure I have polishes similar to that.

I do like a few of the PfDs, but not planning on buying right now. Femme Fatale are doing another Tinsel collection and I bought the entire first collection, so I'll likely buy a good few of these too as i love that kind of foil finish.

Anitacska

I definitely want the whole Tinsel 2 collection from Femme Fatale, but I will only get that one polish from Glam. I also don't think I want anything from PPU rewind other than PfD Kiki, but that will be from her shop and I might order the FTLOP box at the same time (although I haven't seen anything about that yet). Girly Bits has another gorgeous polish at Project Artistry and since my HHC order is going to Stackry already, I might as well get it.

I have a few manis to show, first is Femme Fatale Kissing Reflections topped with KBShimmer Squared Away on the accents.

IMG_20210613_140143630.jpg

IMG_20210613_140151229.jpg

IMG_20210613_140159706.jpg

Next is Emily de Molly Test Subject with Polished for Days Delicate on the accents. Liked them both, but the EdM is especially gorgeous.

IMG_20210615_134251645.jpg

IMG_20210615_134300730.jpg

IMG_20210615_134308777.jpg

Finally, Delush Polish Olive You Long Time.

IMG_20210617_121939859.jpg

IMG_20210617_122012256.jpg

PearlyQueen

That's awful! Wonder what her excuse will be this time.

I really liked the first picture of the collection, but then looked more closely and it's pretty much the repeat of the same colours she does every summer. The only one that's at all unique is the one with golden shimmer and pink and black flakes, but I doubt I'll buy it. I also like the copper holo from the trio, but I'm sure I have polishes similar to that.

I do like a few of the PfDs, but not planning on buying right now. Femme Fatale are doing another Tinsel collection and I bought the entire first collection, so I'll likely buy a good few of these too as i love that kind of foil finish.
I've still had nothing :( If I give up now I'll never buy again as I doubt Paypal protection will cover you for buying from the same "scammer" twice :(
Not buying Glams.
Nearly got almost all of the PfDs from Harlow, hesitated too long and my favourite was sold out so I left it. Still thinking though as I've nothing else planned and I would get free shipping, which is always nice!
Hoping for a cheap PPU month as it's rewind but I guess I've added a few new fave brands over the last few months so if they're older and nice I might get those.

PearlyQueen

I definitely want the whole Tinsel 2 collection from Femme Fatale, but I will only get that one polish from Glam. I also don't think I want anything from PPU rewind other than PfD Kiki, but that will be from her shop and I might order the FTLOP box at the same time (although I haven't seen anything about that yet). Girly Bits has another gorgeous polish at Project Artistry and since my HHC order is going to Stackry already, I might as well get it.

I have a few manis to show, first is Femme Fatale Kissing Reflections topped with KBShimmer Squared Away on the accents.

View attachment 69487

View attachment 69488

View attachment 69489

Next is Emily de Molly Test Subject with Polished for Days Delicate on the accents. Liked them both, but the EdM is especially gorgeous.

View attachment 69490

View attachment 69491

View attachment 69492

Finally, Delush Polish Olive You Long Time.

View attachment 69493

View attachment 69494
These are nice - especially the two blues!

Anitacska

I've still had nothing :( If I give up now I'll never buy again as I doubt Paypal protection will cover you for buying from the same "scammer" twice :(
Not buying Glams.
Nearly got almost all of the PfDs from Harlow, hesitated too long and my favourite was sold out so I left it. Still thinking though as I've nothing else planned and I would get free shipping, which is always nice!
Hoping for a cheap PPU month as it's rewind but I guess I've added a few new fave brands over the last few months so if they're older and nice I might get those.
That sucks. I don't know about Paypal, but to be honest, I don't understand why you would want to buy from her again after this. Yes, she makes pretty polishes, but so do loads of other makers who don't behave like this. If it wasn't for you still buying them, I wouldn't even look at her shop anymore. Jmho.

Do you have Kiki Do You Love Me by PfD? I don't think you do, but just wanted to double check. Still haven't seen anything about the FTLOP box. She's offering 15% off polishes bought together with Kiki, but don't know if it includes the FTLOP box. Might be of interest to you if you want to order from the new collection as she's restocking them at the same time (I think). I can't buy those right now, I've spent too much on other (non polish) things.

I need to empty my Stackry box on (or very shortly after) Monday. I'm still waiting for a couple of packages to arrive, but they *should* be there by then. I'd rather wait a few days as I only have a couple of pre-orders going there after that and neither will arrive within the next 2-3 weeks.

PearlyQueen

That sucks. I don't know about Paypal, but to be honest, I don't understand why you would want to buy from her again after this. Yes, she makes pretty polishes, but so do loads of other makers who don't behave like this. If it wasn't for you still buying them, I wouldn't even look at her shop anymore. Jmho.

Do you have Kiki Do You Love Me by PfD? I don't think you do, but just wanted to double check. Still haven't seen anything about the FTLOP box. She's offering 15% off polishes bought together with Kiki, but don't know if it includes the FTLOP box. Might be of interest to you if you want to order from the new collection as she's restocking them at the same time (I think). I can't buy those right now, I've spent too much on other (non polish) things.

I need to empty my Stackry box on (or very shortly after) Monday. I'm still waiting for a couple of packages to arrive, but they *should* be there by then. I'd rather wait a few days as I only have a couple of pre-orders going there after that and neither will arrive within the next 2-3 weeks.
I totally agree, I've emailed one last time, I'll give it a week, and if nothing back - claim and never again, this time I mean it, no delivery of what I paid for at all is a step too far even for me. I have new brands I like now so she has had it if I don't get what I ordered (and which she still has up for sale of course).
I don't have Kki as you guessed. But not buying it, but thanks for the heads-up. I do want the new collection at some point but not now.
I've just realised my Great Lakes order hasn't shipped either, off to email her too...

Anitacska

I totally agree, I've emailed one last time, I'll give it a week, and if nothing back - claim and never again, this time I mean it, no delivery of what I paid for at all is a step too far even for me. I have new brands I like now so she has had it if I don't get what I ordered (and which she still has up for sale of course).
I don't have Kki as you guessed. But not buying it, but thanks for the heads-up. I do want the new collection at some point but not now.
I've just realised my Great Lakes order hasn't shipped either, off to email her too...

Ugh, it's so annoying having to chase up orders. :rolleyes:

Latest posts