Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

Hi Anitacska Anitacska - sorry about the delay, I had to work on campus late last night and then left my laptop cable in office so I missed this. I am out again now but I'll get it shipped on Monday.
I've decided to skip the Ethereal for PPU and send the others to Nailland - I can add it to those K&Co polishes coming out soon.
No worries, I was very busy with work too. Today I'm doing chores. No rest for the wicked.

Just let me know how much to send you when you have time and post it whenever suits you. No rush.

I skipped PPU entirely. My nails are naked again today, I was too tired to paint them last night. Will do them today I guess.

PearlyQueen

No worries, I was very busy with work too. Today I'm doing chores. No rest for the wicked.

Just let me know how much to send you when you have time and post it whenever suits you. No rush.

I skipped PPU entirely. My nails are naked again today, I was too tired to paint them last night. Will do them today I guess.
Just as well you said that, I've just realised tomorrow's a bank holiday!
I'll let you know once I've posted.
I nearly skipped PPU myself but I'm still an addict and I do have an open Nailland order.

PearlyQueen

Hey Anitacska Anitacska , I just had my Stackry arrive (two days early!) so I will get all of your polishes shipped hopefully tomorrow! Let me know if you want me to add the other that I pm'd about earlier.

PearlyQueen

Did you buy from HHC? I just got the Girly Bits. I liked the Femme Fatale and Nailed It too, but I'm sure I have something similar to both.
I got the date wrong! I thought it was early tomorrow morning :( so I missed all of the overpours I wanted. Just checked out with my current release ones, Garden Path and Night Owl.

PearlyQueen

I am not that impressed with those K&Co polishes I was so excited about recently. Even Caitlyn Swatches left me unsure whether to buy any of them. I do need to buy something to add my PPU order to though, so I might get the nicest one (oddly, the pink, which I initially didn't want!) and think about the others. They seem very sheer and nowhere near as glowy as that initial picture. Such a shame.

Anitacska

I got the date wrong! I thought it was early tomorrow morning :( so I missed all of the overpours I wanted. Just checked out with my current release ones, Garden Path and Night Owl.
Sorry you missed out on the overpours. The timing is always rubbish anyway with the 5 am start. :(

Anitacska

I am not that impressed with those K&Co polishes I was so excited about recently. Even Caitlyn Swatches left me unsure whether to buy any of them. I do need to buy something to add my PPU order to though, so I might get the nicest one (oddly, the pink, which I initially didn't want!) and think about the others. They seem very sheer and nowhere near as glowy as that initial picture. Such a shame.
Sorry you don't like the polishes after all. At least money saved, eh?

I've really not been following any polish releases other than the usual PPU, HHC, FTLOP, Glam, FF, etc. The new Glam polishes don't look very interesting once again. I'm tempted by the gold leaf toppers, but not sure I need them. We'll see.

Work has been busy and I'm tired as usual. I really need to do my nails tonight, I have a 3-day-old chipped mani on, must change it. Let's see if I manage to stay awake long enough!

PearlyQueen

Sorry you don't like the polishes after all. At least money saved, eh?

I've really not been following any polish releases other than the usual PPU, HHC, FTLOP, Glam, FF, etc. The new Glam polishes don't look very interesting once again. I'm tempted by the gold leaf toppers, but not sure I need them. We'll see.

Work has been busy and I'm tired as usual. I really need to do my nails tonight, I have a 3-day-old chipped mani on, must change it. Let's see if I manage to stay awake long enough!
Agreed! I can't buy everything anyway, I just loved that picture of them!
I think my second job income is in decline as they've just hired a second proofreader, so I really need to do the cutting down I've been failing at.
So I also skipped the new Nailed It collection, but failed badly at saving when 46 polishes were released simultaneously by Vanessa Molina, M&N and Phoenix. I culled drastically but still bought way too many!
I didn't even look at the Glam release - they'll email me the pics nearer release date, and I'm just not that interested in them these days.
Yes, do your nails. I need to edit recent mani pics, but so little time to spare!

PearlyQueen

I decided not to wait till I'd sorted everything out, just post them as I get them done... so here is one set of mani pics!
turn to stone 1.JPG turn to stone 2.JPG turn to stone 3.JPG
Danglefoot - Turn to Stone. This is the polish that PPU sent me by mistake. I think even though it's not a colour I'm drawn to, it suits me! It was horrible to apply on the first coat, but the second made it look great. Love the little red sparks that come out in direct lighting!

PearlyQueen

So next I wore 2True 41 topped with a Jessica red glitter topper:
2true 41 with jessica red glitter.JPG 2true 41 with jessica red glitter 2.JPG
I liked this but I broke a nail fairly soon after I put it on, so it didn't last long. That topper is absolutely destroyed but I keep trying to fix it! It's like painting with treacle, but it looked great once it was trowelled on!

PearlyQueen

So next I went for Nails Inc Greenwich Park topped with Illyrian Endless Stream.
endless stream greenwich park 2.JPG endless stream greenwich park 3.JPG endless stream greenwich park 1.JPG
My photos of this are rubbish, in real life there were very subtle pastel flakes showing through the glittery silver, but I don't think this was the best way to showcase such a lovely topper.
Sadly, I had another bad nail break after just a couple of days so this didn't stay on for long.

PearlyQueen

And I'm up to date with my current mani: in every generation there is a chosen one 5.JPG
in every generation there is a chosen one 2.JPG in every generation there is a chosen one 3.JPG in every generation there is a chosen one 4.JPG

in every generation there is a chosen one 1.JPG

Glam Polish - In Every Generation There Is A Chosen One.
In real life this is very cute, you see all colours of the flakies in lower lighting and the holo glitters sparkle like crazy in sunlight. This has lasted two weeks without even showing tip wear so far.

Attachments

• in every generation there is a chosen one 5.JPG
    in every generation there is a chosen one 5.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Anitacska

I like your manis, my favourite is the red one.

I have a couple to show as well, first is Tonic Polish Spectre. The topcoat was a bit thick and it bubbled up, but the polish was really nice.

IMG_20230518_122337814.jpg

IMG_20230518_122350687.jpg

IMG_20230518_122356813.jpg

The other mani is Wildflower Lacquer Squishy. This one lasted really well (for my standards anyway).

IMG_20230524_182242108.jpg

IMG_20230524_182301898.jpg

IMG_20230524_182320059.jpg

PearlyQueen

PearlyQueen

So are you shopping PPU this month? I've just been wishlisting to send to Nailland, I have four polishes (Patty Lopes, Nailed It, Wildflower & Psyche), contemplating trying the Vibrant Vinyls top and base coats and the Cuticula top coat - though I already have one Cuticula t/c being held at Nailland so I will probably leave that one. My go-to base coat was a cheap poundland one, but I can't get it any more so I've been testing a few different ones recently. To be honest, so far they're all much the same.... Just a lot more expensive than the one I liked! I'm also curious about the scented topcoats, if they're as good as the Glisten & Glow. One of the base coats I tested was scented; it smelt nice but I don't think it lasted beyond adding the polish. So I'm now talking myself out of buying that, but it is a cheaper one I think! I'll decide by Friday I guess.

Anitacska

So are you shopping PPU this month? I've just been wishlisting to send to Nailland, I have four polishes (Patty Lopes, Nailed It, Wildflower & Psyche), contemplating trying the Vibrant Vinyls top and base coats and the Cuticula top coat - though I already have one Cuticula t/c being held at Nailland so I will probably leave that one. My go-to base coat was a cheap poundland one, but I can't get it any more so I've been testing a few different ones recently. To be honest, so far they're all much the same.... Just a lot more expensive than the one I liked! I'm also curious about the scented topcoats, if they're as good as the Glisten & Glow. One of the base coats I tested was scented; it smelt nice but I don't think it lasted beyond adding the polish. So I'm now talking myself out of buying that, but it is a cheaper one I think! I'll decide by Friday I guess.

I don't know. I like 3 polishes, but not crazy about any of them to be honest. It's certainly not worth sending them to Stackry or paying $26 shipping (or whatever it is) to send them directly.

EdM is having a sale, but passed on that, there's only one polish I really want to get. Passed on the Glams too.

I'm a bit annoyed with Fiona, the HHC UK group buy organiser. My January polishes arrived with her nearly 2 weeks ago and she still hasn't sorted out the shipping. I know we're all busy, but come on, it's been 2 weeks.

Latest posts