Napoleon Perdis cosmetics

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
haha yea that's what I asked! I told them I was an adult woman and I was no longer in high school. Then I asked them what if I don't have health insurance how am I going to get a doctor's note? And they had the nerve to tell me that I would just be stuck with the product.

Be sure you want it and test it out at the counter/store before you purchase it.

this is actually a pretty standard australian return policy on cosmetics (and seeing as napoleon is an australian brand, i'm not surprised they've taken the same line overseas.) Here, you can't really return things you don't like. They would probably make exceptions if you were allergic to the product and kicked up a big stink about it, or if the product was faulty or off.

i had a really hard time returning a body shop mascara that constantly smudged and just did not stay put. i had to complain to their head office and get an email from them authorising me to exchange the product (not refund, exchange).

personally, i think this is the way it should be with all cosmetics brands. it's a horrendous waste if you let people return things they just don't like, and you will just get people abusing the system and buying up lots only to return what they don't feel like owning any more a few days later.

anyhoo, back to napoleon. I have heard that their primer is good... lookwhoslaughin - would you say it's worth the outlay/supporting napoleon?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
haha yea that's what I asked! I told them I was an adult woman and I was no longer in high school. Then I asked them what if I don't have health insurance how am I going to get a doctor's note? And they had the nerve to tell me that I would just be stuck with the product.

Be sure you want it and test it out at the counter/store before you purchase it.

did you bought it at the store in the mall in downtown San Francisco?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
this is actually a pretty standard australian return policy on cosmetics (and seeing as napoleon is an australian brand, i'm not surprised they've taken the same line overseas.) Here, you can't really return things you don't like. They would probably make exceptions if you were allergic to the product and kicked up a big stink about it, or if the product was faulty or off.

i had a really hard time returning a body shop mascara that constantly smudged and just did not stay put. i had to complain to their head office and get an email from them authorising me to exchange the product (not refund, exchange).

personally, i think this is the way it should be with all cosmetics brands. it's a horrendous waste if you let people return things they just don't like, and you will just get people abusing the system and buying up lots only to return what they don't feel like owning any more a few days later.

anyhoo, back to napoleon. I have heard that their primer is good... lookwhoslaughin - would you say it's worth the outlay/supporting napoleon?

i'm not the type of person who buys stuff then return it a few days later. i would never support napoleon with that kind of return/exchange policy and their outrageous prices.

i would just go in, look around then leave and never come back again.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
did you bought it at the store in the mall in downtown San Francisco?

yea i did! like the week after they opened.

my thing with it was that it was super expensive and i bought it cuz they told em it wouldn't smudge n it would stay put all day long and i wouldn't get ne runs from the eyeliner. BS!!!! after only a few hours the eyeliner started to bundle on the outside of waterling and it got all smudged and gooky in my tear duct. when i told them i wanted to return it cuz it didnt work like they said it would the first make-up artist said i wasn't being honest haha. she actually told me i'm probably just putting it on wrong and if i go down there they'll teach me to put on eyeliner. wtf?! even my fluideline doesnt do that AND it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to put on eyeliner ... especially on your waterline.

kchan99

Quote:

I don't think that a physician's note should be required to return a product in case of allergic reaction. I have eczema, but I don't go to the doctor every time I get a rash because I have prescribed medication at home to treat it. I only go if whatever I have at home isn't working.

I'm in the US, where medical care isn't free or cheap.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan99
I'm in the US, where medical care isn't free or cheap.

THAT'S WHAT I TOLD THEM!!! I was like wtf how do u expect someone to get a doctor's note when the average person in this country either doesn't have healthcare or can't afford to co-payment to go see a doctor. all they would do is give me the number for their head office in LA.

redambition

Quote:
yea i did! like the week after they opened.

my thing with it was that it was super expensive and i bought it cuz they told em it wouldn't smudge n it would stay put all day long and i wouldn't get ne runs from the eyeliner. BS!!!! after only a few hours the eyeliner started to bundle on the outside of waterling and it got all smudged and gooky in my tear duct. when i told them i wanted to return it cuz it didnt work like they said it would the first make-up artist said i wasn't being honest haha. she actually told me i'm probably just putting it on wrong and if i go down there they'll teach me to put on eyeliner. wtf?! even my fluideline doesnt do that AND it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how to put on eyeliner ... especially on your waterline.

i can understand them telling you that they can't refund/exchange it.. but to tell you that you're being dishonest, and you're putting it on wrong and need to learn (probably through one of their classes, hah)... well, that's just plain old rude.

kchan99 - if the policy was return for allergic reactions etc only, then if a reaction wasn't obvious visibly then a doctor's note might be required to prove it. if the reaction was visible and you were returning a couple of days later, i'm quite certain that you would have had something done for you. to be honest though, i've never really tried returning much cosmetically or skin care wise, because of the general policy here. i usually throw it out or give it to someone else if it's no goood for me. waste of money, but it's better than arguing with an SA.

given what the SA said to amoona about her needing to learn etc, it's possible she brought out the doctor's note line to try and scare her off from trying to say she was allergic to it.

at the end of the day, if you don't like a company's returns policy then please don't buy their products if you can avoid it. i wasn't defending napoleon perdis, just pointing out that not all countries or brands have a lenient returns policy. (and that i think refund for change of mind in cosemtics and skincare is wrong.)

amoona

I totally get what your saying, my thing to them was that it was wrongfully advertised to me. They told me that it will not smudge under any circumstances ... I was told this by two different MAs. I tried it once and I was pissed because it wasn't what they told me it would be.

I didn't think to ask about their policy before because honestly even drug stores will let you return open/used cosmetics. It's all good, I'll never purchase any of their products again.

redambition

i know where you are coming from as well - it's no fun being stuck with something that's not right and that was misrepresented to you by an SA. it's happened to me before too
ssad.gif

My advice - call or email their head office and make a complaint that the product smudges when you were told it would not. explain what happened when you wore it, especially if it's an unusual problem for an eyeliner. if there is something else in the range you like and want, ask for an exchange for a different product rather than a refund. above all, keep the email properly typed out and polite, while at the same time outlining how unhappy you are at what's happened.

good luck with getting your money back!
smiles.gif

the primer

Quote:

Actually I would buy it but not to support him though just until I find something better. I am kinda shocked cos I found out recently that he re-lables his stuff and that most of it is a cheaper range called La Femme... There are so many good lines around these days that I will only buy things that I really like and not all hype.
smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookwhoslaughin
Actually I would buy it but not to support him though just until I find something better. I am kinda shocked cos I found out recently that he re-lables his stuff and that most of it is a cheaper range called La Femme... There are so many good lines around these days that I will only buy things that I really like and not all hype.
smiles.gif

that is so funny... i caved and bought auto pilot today! Glad you think it's the thing to do until something better can be found. The re-labelling thing is horrible. it proves you're just paying for the name.

Once i get through auto pilot i think i will test out Bloom's primer... i tried on my hand it earlier in the week, and from memory the texture and consistency was similar to auto pilot.

Auto Pilot - Napoleon

Bloom is from Austrlia isn't it? We don't have it here - at least I don't think we do, but let me know if it is any good and I will maybe do an on-line purchase.
Thanks
smiles.gif

Quote:
that is so funny... i caved and bought auto pilot today! Glad you think it's the thing to do until something better can be found. The re-labelling thing is horrible. it proves you're just paying for the name.

Once i get through auto pilot i think i will test out Bloom's primer... i tried on my hand it earlier in the week, and from memory the texture and consistency was similar to auto pilot.

That is true because a firend of mine bought the Camera Finish face powder and the bottom lable was lifting up so she pulled it off and there was another lable under it called La Femme,
I know it's not illegal to do that just sneaky and bad form I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxElusivexx
From everything I've heard, Napoleon is just crap. Sure, a few of their products are good but not worth the price. It's also widely said that a lot of his stuff is just a cheaper brand called La Femme rebranded- exactly identical.

I've tried a few of their products and thy are definitely not worth the price. Oh and I've read about a MA that did a course with Napoleon and hides it; as in she doesn't put it on her resume as Napoleon has a bad name in the industry. On another forum I am a member of, eberyone that has done the course says it is a complete waste of time and money. It doesn't sound too good..
ssad.gif

redambition

yep - bloom is an australian brand, and i think it's available at some locations in the US as well.

I will let you know how I go!

redambition

my views on napoleon have already been expressed. not worth the money.

i'm testing out the primer at the moment, so far it hasn't proven that it is worth what they ask for it.

DaisyPie

Re: Anyone ever heard of Napoleon Perdis cosmetics line?

I used to be completely against Napoleon because I'd heard so many rumers about re-branding etc.. but I recently made a few trips into some Napoleon stores to check things out etc and was quite pleased! I don't really care if they're re-branded (which I don't believe anyway anymore) because here in Australia I don't have access to the brands he supposedly re-brands, so I'm more then happy to purchase the products!
I love the loose dusts (pink mocha is my favourite - slowly becoming my HG eye colour) and I really like their Camera Finish powder (Look 3 for toning down pink/red is great for my skin tone). I'm soon to be purchasing a Napoleon makeup case and I will definitely buy more Napoleon products in the future!

The only bad thing I have to say about Napoleon is: DON'T do the makeup course! It's a complete rip off and you don't gain the knowledge needed to be a makeup artist (or even work at a makeup counter usually). It's just an over-priced quick workshop.

Dreamergirl3

i'm so confused! does he rebrand la femme products, or not? or did he used to, but not anymore? I'm interested in some of the makeup, but no way in hell am i paying THAT price for La Femme (which I LOVE but can get for an equally lovable price)

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
i'm so confused! does he rebrand la femme products, or not? or did he used to, but not anymore? I'm interested in some of the makeup, but no way in hell am i paying THAT price for La Femme (which I LOVE but can get for an equally lovable price)

He doesnt re-label but he does get all his products Private label and doesnt create the formulas etc himself like he used to claim- not sure if hes still saying that its all his own work and formula or not. Most of the stuff is from Lady burd, Your name cosmetics and an Australian company called TMF cosmetics. The private label companies make products for brands like La Femme, and others - both cheap and very expensive.

redambition

oooh, thread revive...

the bloom primer isn't great either, just in case anyone was wondering.

still searching for the perfect primer.

hawaiian_mele

I don't have any experience with them but AskMeMakeUp uses a few of their items. It not very available to me and they're items seem a bit expensive so I doubt I'll ever try it unless it becomes more readily available to me.
th_dunno.gif