NARS Albatross

marielle78

I am thinking about buying NARS albatross highlighting powder. Does anyone here use it? How does look on WOC?

Kuuipo

It does show up on WOC. Its a more gold highlighter than many people are used to -its not a pink opalescent shine bomb. It is more sophisticated. Not only for cheekbones, but eyes,cleavage, the center of your bottom lip,the bow above your top lip, etc.

Kuuipo

It does show up on WOC. Its a more gold highlighter than many people are used to -its not a pink opalescent shune bomb. It is more sophisticated. Not only for cheekbones, but eyes,cleavage, the center of your bottom lip,the bow above your top lip, etc.

LuvinMyMAC

I always wanted to know if it was WOC friendly. I was gonna buy it to try it out, but now I can stalk another makeup item.
cutey.gif

ndn-ista

I LOVE it. I put it around my eyes and sometimes on my cheeks. Looks really nice and yes it is sophisicated.

I wonder if it looks like vanilla pigment?

marielle78

I bought it and I love it. It's especially pretty when I spritz the brush with Fix+ and use it all over my face. It gives a very nice glow and doesn't look white at all.

Bwell

I love it ! Totally HG material.
I´ve tried many highlighters before but this one it´s the only one I use.
It´s not too shimmery, suitable for day time, great on the cheeks, eyes , cupid´s bow .

sweetface

ooh I really want this! I'm loving NARS products sooo much, i want to buy another blush even though I don't need one...

jilliandanica

I have this and reach for it often b/c it's so versatile. Definitely pigmented like most NARS blushes are so I have to use a light hand or my 187/188. Gives me a soft glow similar to New Vegas MSF but without the glitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
I wonder if it looks like vanilla pigment?

The color itself is white-gold IMO and doesn't have the duochrome of Vanilla pig.

aziajs

I didn't care for it. I swatched it on my hand and couldn't see it. Also, the texture was too dry or chunky or something. I didn't try it on my face but I think I'll pass.

thelove4tequila

Its very nice but subtle. Nothing like New Vegas or even Bobbi Brown's Gold Shimmerbrick. I'm NC35 and it was very subtle looking on my skin. At times I love it and others I don't. haha. I just love gold highlighters though!

Oh and it looks nothing like Vanilla pigment.

milamonster

im nw45 and i actually tried this on last night at sephora and my mom and the lady working there both agreed itlooked too ashy on me. I think i might of been abl to pull it off if the lady wasnt so damn heavy handed. iT would look good on just the chekbones

beauty_marked

i wear it on the apples of my cheeks really and sometimes as a highlight on my browbone and it looks great on WOC. i got it last christmas in the dolce vita i believe its called set. I love it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamonster
im nw45 and i actually tried this on last night at sephora and my mom and the lady working there both agreed itlooked too ashy on me. I think i might of been abl to pull it off if the lady wasnt so damn heavy handed. iT would look good on just the chekbones

I'm also NW45 but it works for me. That's weird. Maybe the lady was too heavy handed.

MsCocoa

I tried it on and it's amazing...really soft and glowy without the obvious highlight look, too bad there was none in stock!

sweetface

I went to the NARS counter today and swatched it, it was nice but then I swatched Lustre beside it, and between the two of them it seems that lustre would give me that 'glowing from within' look you want to achieve with highlighter. Has anyone here used NARS Lustre instead of Albatross as a highlighter?

Kuuipo

I have used Luster mixed with Albatross as a highlighter, I like it better than the plain Albatross alone on the crests of my cheekbones. It looks like you're candle lit.