NARS Albatross

blazeno.8

I finally tried it on today and it was pure LOVE. I mean, this stuff was hot. I used it as a highlighter along my cheek bone and above the brow. I then paired it with a bit of Orgasm closer to the cheeks which was also nice.

nunu

I swatched this yesterday and i LOVED IT! I am so buying it, it is such a great highlighter for eyes and cheeks!

vogueBLACK

Oh wow, thanks for this. I was in Sephora last weekend and couldn't decide between Taj Mahal and Albatross. So I guess now I need to go back and get this one, too. lol

JustDivine

It still looks white on me....I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Help pls?! How do you apply it (brushes etc...)

I am on the verge on giving it away but I want to try and make it work so I can see it's beauty! It just languishes in my MU bag....

blazeno.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
It still looks white on me....I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

Help pls?! How do you apply it (brushes etc...)

I am on the verge on giving it away but I want to try and make it work so I can see it's beauty! It just languishes in my MU bag....

Hm... it would depend on how you're applying it. In the store I took a wide round brush and lightly swirled it a bit in the pan and then tapped off the extra. Then I dotted it along my cheek bone on each side of my face (which helps take off a little more product). Then after that I lightly swirled those into each other and brought it slightly above the brow.

PS. If you still don't like it... I might just happen to know of someone who would be pleased as punch to see it listed in a different area on Specktra... *hint*.

JustDivine

I *THINK* I've finally got the hang of this! *sorry Blazeno.8*!!

I guess I was expecting angels to fall out of the sky when I put it on and it didn't happen....but I've come to like the subtle, elegant highlight on my cheeks.

I also think I was using waaaay to much before so it did look white and not glowy.

Thanks to all of you!!!

sweetface

I bought Luster today and for anyone that is finding albatross to be too light for them, this is a good choice. It blends into my skin tone perfectly and just makes me glow, this is going to be on my face everyday, this and mascara and I'm good to go, it's so glowy and perfect!

lunastars

It's a great subtle highlighter, on the cheekbones it gives you a nice glow

I find it also works well if you want to tone down the blusher abit
smiles.gif

neonbright

Ok ladies, just when I was taking a break on purchasing some more makeup for a little while, now I am going to try out Albatross.
drools.gif

ninaxmac

I know this thread is old, but I need help. I'm thinking about getting Albatross to start highlighting my face and brow bone, but not sure what this will look like on my NW43 skin. I've read all the good things you all have said, but I am still kind of skeptical. Thanks.

mochabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaxmac
I know this thread is old, but I need help. I'm thinking about getting Albatross to start highlighting my face and brow bone, but not sure what this will look like on my NW43 skin. I've read all the good things you all have said, but I am still kind of skeptical. Thanks.

I'm normally an NC42 (But I am NC44 in Studio Sculpt); and Albatross is my HG highlighter! I love it! I use the MAC 109 brush to apply a small amount to my face. Then I buff it in a little bit. I always get compliments when I wear it! You have to get it! You will love it! I love my Nars!!

Blushbaby

I love the look of both Albatross and am gonna buy it at the end of the month. I loved the way Lovejoy looked on my skin so am gonna treat myself to that too!

TISH1124

Quote:

I am NC45 and it looks fabulous...It is my #1 favorite highlighter!

MsCocoa

Quote:

NC50/NW45 here and I love this highlighter, I will always have this on hand.

mw138

I LOVE it! I use it as a highlight on my cheeks, but I may try it as an eye highlight as well.