NARS Fall 2011

missmolliecule

Hey ladies, I'm going to start compiling any and all information that I can about the products for Fall 2011 as info rolls out during NYFW!! Here we go!

*Pago Pago Lipstick (NEW for Fall 2011!; for now try Cruising Lipstick)
*Via Veneto Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner (NEW for Fall 2011!; for now, try Black Moon Eyeliner Pencil)
*Santa Monica Boulevard Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner (NEW for Fall 2011!; for now try Iceberg Eyeliner Pencil)
*Concealer (NEWLY formulated for Fall 2011; for now, try the existing Concealer)
[h=3]*Grand Palais Duo Eyeshadow (for now, try using Lokoum Cream Blush)[/h]

missmolliecule

*Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Rue Saint-Honore (NEW for Fall 2011; for now try the slate-blue side of Underworld Duo Eyeshadow)

MarieMary

When looking for info on the Cap Ferrat e/s trio (summer collection), I stumbled upon a picture of another trio due for fall. It was used at the 3.1 phillip lim F/W runway show, along with the Cap Ferrat e/s trio.
It looks gorgeous and perfect for fall.

And here is a picture of the Larger Than Life Long-Wearing Eyeliner in Abbey Road.

Both images I found while browsing this website:
http://www.vogue.fr/defiles/ (in french)

MarieMary

MarieMary - thanks again ... this must be Delphes !! :) ... wondering how I can develop stumbling skills like yours :)
You're welcome, again. :)
HA! To develop those skills, you would have to have wwwaaaayyyy too much time on your hands. :) To tell you all, I was looking for pictures of Cap Ferrat e/s trio, and I saw it was used for that particular runway show, so I started looking for backstage pictures on various fashion websites. And I finally found those two. :p

Almus

Thakns so much for the info! That trio and that pencil will be probably mine ("probably" = 99.99%)

MarieMary

OMG, Delphes will *definitely* be mine once it's released!
Look at this, there are pictures and swatches of Delphes trio e/s:
http://www.mouldyfruit.com/2011/04/056-nars-press-event.html

I'm not too sure, but maybe the blue swatch right of the Cap Ferrat trio e/s swatches is a Larger Than Life Long-Wearing Eyeliner (in Abbey Road?).

MarieMary

I agree, it looks glittery. I'm not a fan, but it must look great layered over the other two colors!

WhatWouldJoanDo

Actually if the lightest colour is like the Calanques I may resist Calanques, since I actually really wanted the lightest colour. It was described to me as like lace by an MUA and I dunno it just sort of made sense to me. A really nice way to layer and soften colours or give colours/shadows a nice varied texture - rather than a solid flat smear of uniform colour....

The highlight color of the Delphes trio looks a little chunky/glittery. But the green and blue both look nice and satin-y!!

Honey&LemonGirl

^^ To be honest, I really disliked the texture of the lightest shade in the Calanques trio. It was chunky/powdery, and had some bad glitter/shimmer fall out for me. :unsure:

User38

^ looks great in the pan/case, and then when you go to swatch it falls apart.. this was an epic fail for NARS.