NARS Fall 2011

dxgirly

Ooooooooo! That eyeshadow trio is gorgeous!!
eyelove.gif

MarieMary

^Wow- that's cool! I don't have any duos or trios, but I'm going to start buying them if they're that good of a deal. :)
Yay! Nars makes awesome duos. Earth Angel is one of my favorite ever, and it's great for fall (or any season, but particularly fall imo).

ElvenEyes

I love the colours in the trio. Anyhow, all my NARS e/s has fallout, but so does my Bobbi Brown. You just don't notice hers as much because the colours are so muted anyhow. Just sweep it aside and go! I'm in for the trio so long as it does not look like something else I have. I recently bought some palettes and greens. I'm trying hard not to get repetitive in my colours.

MarieMary

According to the official Nars Facebook page, there are going to be Larger Than Life Lipglosses for fall 2011!

There are new names for the Larger Than Life Long-Wearing Eyeliner (named after famous streets, it seems):
Via Appia (similar to the left side of the Cordura duo)
Rue Bonaparte

Larger Than Life ligloss:
Cœur sucré (similar to Angelika lipgloss)
Gold Digger (similar to Sunset Strip lipgloss)
Spring Break (smiliar to Striptease lipgloss)
Odalisque (similar to Barbarella lipstick and Hopi Velvet lipgloss pencil)

LMD84

According to the official Nars Facebook page, there are going to be Larger Than Life Lipglosses for fall 2011!

There are new names for the Larger Than Life Long-Wearing Eyeliner (named after famous streets, it seems):
Via Appia (similar to the left side of the Cordura duo)
Rue Bonaparte

Larger Than Life ligloss:
Cœur sucré (similar to Angelika lipgloss)
Gold Digger (similar to Sunset Strip lipgloss)
Spring Break (smiliar to Striptease lipgloss)
Odalisque (similar to Barbarella lipstick and Hopi Velvet lipgloss pencil)
all sound very interesting! thanks for the info!

iva01

sorry for writing here but I would like to buy NARS ORGASM blush, but I'm from Europe and i have to buy it from e bay, and here is my problem how i can realize which of them is REAL nars, and which is fake?

MarieMary

You can order Nars items on the official european Nars website:
www.narscosmetics.eu
Chances are they ship to your country.
If you're from France, there's www.narscosmetics.fr and if you're from the UK, there's www.narscosmetics.co.uk

As for spotting fake items on eBay, it's pretty difficult to tell. Some are blatant counterfeits, while some are more subtle.
I say if www.narscosmetics.eu ships to your country, order with them. At least you'll be sure it's a genuine Nars blush.

BeckyBenett

There's another way of seeing things: to see the price by the gram. Nars is actually cheaper than MAC if you buy duos and trios.
I did the math once, and here it is. ^^

Mac single e/s (1.5g) is $9.6 per gram.
Nars single e/s (2g) is $11.5 per gram.
Nars duo e/s (4g) is $8.25 per gram.
Nars trio e/s (5.1g) is $8.82 per gram.

Maybe you think I'm nitpicking, but I'm more interested in the price/quantity ratio than just the price. I do that with groceries, so why not with cosmetics?
ooh thanks for this marie!!

LMD84

sorry for writing here but I would like to buy NARS ORGASM blush, but I'm from Europe and i have to buy it from e bay, and here is my problem how i can realize which of them is REAL nars, and which is fake?
asos.com sell them and ship worldwide! buy from them :) much better than ebay

bis

[quote name="LMD84" url="/forum/thread/173546/nars-fall-2011/30#post_2115666"]

asos.com sell them and ship worldwide! buy from them :) much better than ebay

[/quote] Asos is not shipping NARS worldwide any more, just the UK. They used to in the past though.

Almus

Asos is not shipping NARS worldwide any more, just the UK. They used to in the past though.

That's a shame, I just bought once from them and it was great since I don't have a NARS counter around and well, their prices are also better than buying in the store
amuse.gif
(we europeans are treated sometimes very bad regarding cosmetics prices).

bis

[quote name="Almus" url="/forum/thread/173546/nars-fall-2011/30#post_2115687"]

That's a shame, I just bought once from them and it was great since I don't have a NARS counter around and well, their prices are also better than buying in the store 
amuse.gif

[/quote] HQHair.com has NARS and they ship to Europe ;) Btw, Hourglass is a great exception, their prices in Euros are very comparable to the US, if not even more so. I just wish more would be like them.

MarieMary

amuse.gif
There's still www.narscosmetics.eu, but I understand that for some countries they either don't deliever, or delivery costs are expensive...
And I agree regarding prices. For cosmetics brands, it seems that $1 = 1€, or even worse!

bis

[quote name="MarieMary" url="/forum/thread/173546/nars-fall-2011/30#post_2115692"]

Ooohh thanks for that! Last time I checked, they didn't sell Nars anymore! Too bad they only have a restricted selection. :(

There's still www.narscosmetics.eu, but I understand that for some countries they either don't deliever, or delivery costs are expensive...
And I agree regarding prices. For cosmetics brands, it seems that 1€ = $1, or even worse!

[/quote] Oh, really? I am sure HQHair had the Summer Collection last year. They are normally a bit slower with bringing it online, maybe that's the reason?

MarieMary

Oh, really? I am sure HQHair had the Summer Collection last year. They are normally a bit slower with bringing it online, maybe that's the reason?
Yes! And you're right, they did have the summer collection last year. But shortly after that, around fall, everything was gone from the website. I'm not exactly sure of the timeline, but I asked european Nars fans on beauty communities and they saw the same thing. Oh well if it's back, it's a good thing. :)

bis

[quote name="MarieMary" url="/forum/thread/173546/nars-fall-2011/30#post_2115703"]

Yes! And you're right, they did have the summer collection last year. But shortly after that, around fall, everything was gone from the website. I'm not exactly sure of the timeline, but I asked european Nars fans on beauty communities and they saw the same thing. Oh well if it's back, it's a good thing. :)

[/quote] :lol: I just got an email from HQHair (what a coincidence) titled welcome back NARS. When you buy two NARS products, they send you a free Orgasm Illuminator. And they have the Spring Collection. HTH.

Honey&LemonGirl

Incoming! A great new bunch of photos and information about Fall 2011, courtesy of: http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/nars-fall-2011-nars-larger-than-life-long-wear-eyeliner-very-sneaky-peek/

- Delphes e/s trio
- Grand Palais e/s duo
- Outremer e/s single
- Mascate pure matte l/s
- Montego Bay pure matte l/s
- Pago Pago l/s
- Oasis l/g (not pictured)
- Train Bleu velvet matte lip pencil (not pictured)
- Galion n/p

Also:
- 9 Larger Than Life e/l (the swatch shows 6 out of the 9): the names I've heard around so far include Abbey Road, Madison Ave, Bourbon St, Via Appia, Rue Bonaparte, Rue de Rivoli, Via Vieneto
- some Larger Than Life l/g: Spring Break, Coeur Sucre, Gold Digger, Odalisque

MarieMary

OMG, thank you so much for this!
And apparently, the pencils can be sharpened with the base of the pencil itself.

So now that we have more information about the Larger Than Life Eyeliners, we can match the names to the colors:
Via Veneto (black)
Via Appia (copper)
Abbey Road (sparkling blue)
Santa Monica (white)
Rue Saint-Honoré (slate blue)
Rue de Rivoli (metallic forest)
Rue Bonaparte
Bourbon Street
Madison Avenue
(Among the last 3, one is purple, one is golden, and the other we don't know).

I can't wait to see what the Larger Than Life lipglosses look like!