NARS Fall 2011

MarieMary

Since a Nars press event for the summer and fall collections took place in the UK very recently, new pictures have surfaced.

I think this is Grand Palais duo eyeshadow.

Delphes e/s trio.

There is also a picture of a cream blush. I guess it's a new one.

All pictures were taken from this blog:
http://www.starvioletbeauty.com/2011/04/nars-press-event.html

MarieMary

Delphes e/s trio, again:

Source for this picture:
http://www.beautyjunkielondon.com/2011/04/new-nars.html

laylalovesmac

I've decided I'm going to buy a piece or two from each NARS collection, so I can't wait for fall! The Delphes trio looks right up my alley!

LMD84

I've decided I'm going to buy a piece or two from each NARS collection, so I can't wait for fall! The Delphes trio looks right up my alley!
yeah if my wallet allows i will buy a couple of things from each collection too. i don't own many nars products but have never been dissapointed with what i do have!

WhatWouldJoanDo

That Grand Palais shadow looks nice, but I have blushes I can use in place of the shadow I think. Actually I was inspired to brighten my eyes with blush the other day :)

MarieMary

That Grand Palais shadow looks nice, but I have blushes I can use in place of the shadow I think. Actually I was inspired to brighten my eyes with blush the other day :)
That must have looked lovely! Btw they used blushes as eyeshadows for the Honor and Thakoon Fall/Winter runway shows (second and third pictures in the first message of this topic).

WhatWouldJoanDo

@Marie - Yes, the second pic for sure was Exhibit A and TajMahal and by my fav makeup artist James Boehmer! Of course my blush for eyeshadow look was less runway lol.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Looks like the new pencils are no longer wooden but plastic encased like the lip pencils. I read online you can have better/higher-end/new technology ingredients in the plastic encased pencils. Should be a rad new formula
thmbup.gif

Picture of the Larger than Life pencil in Santa Monica...

BeckyBenett

the trio looks promising bt i nvr seem to buy them due to the high price.. its like 45 dollars for 3 colours..

i only own nars lipsticks, lipglosses and blushes for now. im just starting to get into nars so i only have abt 2 of each..

laylalovesmac

the trio looks promising bt i nvr seem to buy them due to the high price.. its like 45 dollars for 3 colours..

i only own nars lipsticks, lipglosses and blushes for now. im just starting to get into nars so i only have abt 2 of each..
I agree that the $45 price tag is kind of off-putting, but when you break it down, a MAC shadow is $14.50, so you're really only paying $1.50 more than you would for 3 MAC shadows. That's how I see it.
peace2.gif

BeckyBenett

I agree that the $45 price tag is kind of off-putting, but when you break it down, a MAC shadow is $14.50, so you're really only paying $1.50 more than you would for 3 MAC shadows. That's how I see it.
peace2.gif
haha tts a brilliant way of looking at it! tts why i love u speckrette girls!!
drinkup.gif

LMD84

peace2.gif
yeah that is quite a good break down! i like your maths!
cheerleader.gif

MarieMary

There's another way of seeing things: to see the price by the gram. Nars is actually cheaper than MAC if you buy duos and trios.
I did the math once, and here it is. ^^

Mac single e/s (1.5g) is $9.6 per gram.
Nars single e/s (2g) is $11.5 per gram.
Nars duo e/s (4g) is $8.25 per gram.
Nars trio e/s (5.1g) is $8.82 per gram.

Maybe you think I'm nitpicking, but I'm more interested in the price/quantity ratio than just the price. I do that with groceries, so why not with cosmetics?

laylalovesmac

^Wow- that's cool! I don't have any duos or trios, but I'm going to start buying them if they're that good of a deal. :)

LMD84

There's another way of seeing things: to see the price by the gram. Nars is actually cheaper than MAC if you buy duos and trios.
I did the math once, and here it is. ^^

Mac single e/s (1.5g) is $9.6 per gram.
Nars single e/s (2g) is $11.5 per gram.
Nars duo e/s (4g) is $8.25 per gram.
Nars trio e/s (5.1g) is $8.82 per gram.

Maybe you think I'm nitpicking, but I'm more interested in the price/quantity ratio than just the price. I do that with groceries, so why not with cosmetics?
no way do i think you are nitpicking - in fact i think i love you right now!! you are so right to do it by the amount! i love your maths too! hee hee!
heart.gif