NARS Holiday 2011

sss215

I hope when I get the brush set, lord & taylor or saks or nordies will have some free NARS gifts with purchase poppin' off!

thepicketywitch

I haven't purchased many NARS products; the few I have really wowed me. I found it hard to get excited about the Fall 2011 collection, but the Holiday 2011...I'm wowed.

mac_aiken

Got to see an advanced peek of Holiday. My favorite MUA went to update today so I will have more info by Friday. The entire collection and the sets look awesome. The duo, highlighting blush and new mulitiple will be permanent.

The counter release date is 11/01.

panther27

Got to see an advanced peek of Holiday. My favorite MUA went to update today so I will have more info by Friday. The entire collection and the sets look awesome. The duo, highlighting blush and new mulitiple will be permanent.

Can you get some info bout the trio and the shadow pencils then?I am so excited for this!!

MarieMary

I was reading Nars's twitter, and I saw this:
http://twitter.com/#!/NARSissist/status/93741714333900800

Apparently Eva Chen (the one who talked about the Nars / Marc Jacobs collaboration on Twitter) swatched some colors from the holiday collection. I guess the blue and yellow on the bottom left are swatches of the two new Larger than Life eyeliners.

LMD84

i'm excited to hear what you think!

mac_aiken

I was very fortunate to see some swatches (on paper) of the holiday collection yesterday. Please bear with me as I don't recall all of the product names and there were a couple of things that my friend was not able to swatch.

First: The kits/sets
The holiday kits seem to center around a kabuki theme.

For those curious about the brush set it is $250.

That gorgeous eyeshadow palette will be $75 and comes with a "mini kabuki eyeshadow brush". The trainer had her personal one with her so that class didn't get to play with it.

The nail polish kit has 4 colors (all very pretty according to my friend) red, white, black and gold.

The lip kit seems to have pots like the bento box did and colors are a nude/neutral, red and pink.

The Soft Touch e/l kit has 2 new colors in it: a metallic blue and a metallic purple. It also has a white in it but I am not sure if that is a new color or a repromote. It also has Aigle Noir in it and I believe Skorpios as well.

The holiday collection:

Eyeshadows: There is a blue duo in this. The colors (on paper) look like denim and navy to me. The cream shadow is a gorgeous brown which reminds me of an amped up Mekong. The trio (Arabian Nights) is amazing according to my friend but be aware that it did not swatch well. The shadows are black based with colored "pearls". It is hard for me to describe. They are kind of like Night Series shadows but not exactly. They are described as "black with red pearl", "black with gunmetal pearl" and then the third is black with either blue or purple pearl (I can't remember which). My friend says with this palette it needs to be seen and swatched IRL to appreciate how beautiful it is.

There are 2 new shades of e/l. Bright violet and antique brass

Joyous lipstick: Photographed red for the promo material but swatched leaning heavily to pink.

New highlighting blush: While New Order was pink this one leans toward peach. Very, very pretty and would be a gorgeous highlight in winter.

G Spot Multiple: Beautiful rose with gold. I can see this being gorgeous on women of all skin tones. Will be permanent.

The n/p: one is an aluminum/silver shimmery shade and the other is a deep grape purple shimmer. My friend was not able to swatch these.

So, there it is. Hope this helped and can't wait until you guys see the pics. Counter date in the US is November 1.

missmolliecule

Awesome!! Thanks Mac_Aiken!

I was just gonna post about G-Spot... I don't know how I feel about it to be honest (well.. the name).

Yes, saying orgasm and deep throat has become like breathing to me but G-SPOT? I just don't know. I'm thinking maybe I'll just call it G... or .... Spot?? HAHA

Any advice ladies??

I'm also going to seminar this week... monday-wednesday. I'll get all the official info for you guys and post some pictures! I don't think I'll be able to snap any pics of the live product (sooo not worth getting fired over, I loves my job) but we always get workbooks with all the info, including pictures/pricing and whether something is LE or permanent.

All I can say to add to Mac_Aiken for now is that yes the collection will be on counters Nov. 1 but it'll also be online the 15th of October.

I'll post you as soon as I can... maybe even while I'm there! I'll be posting lots of info on my twitter account to... @molliexiv if anyone cares :)

missah

Awesome!! Thanks Mac_Aiken!

I was just gonna post about G-Spot... I don't know how I feel about it to be honest (well.. the name).

Yes, saying orgasm and deep throat has become like breathing to me but G-SPOT? I just don't know. I'm thinking maybe I'll just call it G... or .... Spot?? HAHA

Any advice ladies??

I'm also going to seminar this week... monday-wednesday. I'll get all the official info for you guys and post some pictures! I don't think I'll be able to snap any pics of the live product (sooo not worth getting fired over, I loves my job) but we always get workbooks with all the info, including pictures/pricing and whether something is LE or permanent.

All I can say to add to Mac_Aiken for now is that yes the collection will be on counters Nov. 1 but it'll also be online the 15th of October.

I'll post you as soon as I can... maybe even while I'm there! I'll be posting lots of info on my twitter account to... @molliexiv if anyone cares :)

I am absolutely in Love with these two collections but the Holiday MAC collex sounds wonderful too... Will both collex be released at the same time? Will they restock if anything runs out? I haven't really bought much from NARS just some core blushes so I have no idea...

Looks like I really need to find a job asap. I want those brushes, lip kit, Arabian Nights e/s and the holiday e/s palette!

missmolliecule

Oh I also just remembered that the highlighting blush for holiday that Mac_Aiken described is called Liberty :)

OH! And the Marc Jacobs/NARS Collab someone was posting about earlier is actually referring to the eyeshadow palette... it's completely different to anything we've done before. I saw a picture and it's a single, large pan shadow (size of a blush I presume), the main color is like a champagne/highlighty looking color and it has designs of red and yellow kind of stamped onto it... wow that makes no sense and I'm sure you're all going what the hell right now but I promise it looks awesome!

Again... I'll get pics for you guys!

I didn't see/haven't heard anything about a brush kit so it's probably going to be a retailer exclusive... which store does your MUA work at Mac_Aiken? I'm guessing one of the more upscale retailers... Neiman's.. Barney's... Sak's... Nordstrom even? My NARS counter is at Macy's, and there are only two of us in the country at Macy's, so we usually don't get the really high priced exclusives.... i.e we didn't get the bento boxes last year. I know for sure though we are getting the bento lip (which also has a brush) kit, the nail kit, the soft touch kit, the bento/marc jacobs eye palette and of course the rest of the holiday collection but I highly doubt we'll get the brush set. I wish! I'd totally get one :)

I'm sure I'll remember something else in about 3 seconds so you'll probably see another post from me! Haha

missmolliecule

herp a derp...

this is what i was trying to describe... courtesy of britishbeautyblogger.com

I mean, come on, does that not SCREAM Marc Jacobs?

LMD84

I was very fortunate to see some swatches (on paper) of the holiday collection yesterday. Please bear with me as I don't recall all of the product names and there were a couple of things that my friend was not able to swatch.

First: The kits/sets
The holiday kits seem to center around a kabuki theme.

For those curious about the brush set it is $250.

That gorgeous eyeshadow palette will be $75 and comes with a "mini kabuki eyeshadow brush". The trainer had her personal one with her so that class didn't get to play with it.

The nail polish kit has 4 colors (all very pretty according to my friend) red, white, black and gold.

The lip kit seems to have pots like the bento box did and colors are a nude/neutral, red and pink.

The Soft Touch e/l kit has 2 new colors in it: a metallic blue and a metallic purple. It also has a white in it but I am not sure if that is a new color or a repromote. It also has Aigle Noir in it and I believe Skorpios as well.

The holiday collection:

Eyeshadows: There is a blue duo in this. The colors (on paper) look like denim and navy to me. The cream shadow is a gorgeous brown which reminds me of an amped up Mekong. The trio (Arabian Nights) is amazing according to my friend but be aware that it did not swatch well. The shadows are black based with colored "pearls". It is hard for me to describe. They are kind of like Night Series shadows but not exactly. They are described as "black with red pearl", "black with gunmetal pearl" and then the third is black with either blue or purple pearl (I can't remember which). My friend says with this palette it needs to be seen and swatched IRL to appreciate how beautiful it is.

There are 2 new shades of e/l. Bright violet and antique brass

Joyous lipstick: Photographed red for the promo material but swatched leaning heavily to pink.

New highlighting blush: While New Order was pink this one leans toward peach. Very, very pretty and would be a gorgeous highlight in winter.

G Spot Multiple: Beautiful rose with gold. I can see this being gorgeous on women of all skin tones. Will be permanent.

The n/p: one is an aluminum/silver shimmery shade and the other is a deep grape purple shimmer. My friend was not able to swatch these.

So, there it is. Hope this helped and can't wait until you guys see the pics. Counter date in the US is November 1.
thanks so much for your thoughts! g spot sounds beautiful and i am looking forward to seeing the trio :)

shadowaddict

I really hope the new highlighting blush is not so glittery as New Order. I would like it to be even softer on the shimmer than Albatross. I love it but I really have to buff it out for daytime. I recently ordered Nico thinking I could use it as a highlighter without the shimmer but I'm so pale it doesn't highlight. It just looks like beige/tan eye shadow or a little dirt, very bla on me.

However I love the Night Rider n/p.

EngineerBarbie

Thanks Mac_Aiken for the 'intel' on this collex.

Needless to say I am scared to death of all the things I want in it. Definitely getting the brush set (brushes are an excellent investment), the Arabian Nights trio, the new LLL e/l's, Joyous lipstick, the highlighting blush and depending on the swatches, the GSpot multiple.

Is there a 'NARS just ate my wallet' smiley? I need one.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. The MJ palette is stunning. Might have to ask for that one for Christmas! I don't know if I can convince anyone that I'm worth that brush set, though.

I totally understand how the shimmery trio might not swatch well. I find that shimmery colours often look a little "meh" in photos, but stunning in person. I'm pretty much sold on this one even without seeing swatches anyway...

mac_aiken

My friend works for Nordstrom and she doesn't think they will get the brush set. Her guess is it will go the places like Neiman Marcus, Barneys or possibly even Saks.

Wow. The MJ palette is stunning. Might have to ask for that one for Christmas! I don't know if I can convince anyone that I'm worth that brush set, though.

I totally understand how the shimmery trio might not swatch well. I find that shimmery colours often look a little "meh" in photos, but stunning in person. I'm pretty much sold on this one even without seeing swatches anyway...

Monsy

New highlighting blush: While New Order was pink this one leans toward peach. Very, very pretty and would be a gorgeous highlight in winter. ---- wow this sounds amazing! can't wait to see it

Latest posts