NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

VampyCouture

Alright. I went and swatched this powder again. I made sure my hand was clean and shimmer free. Still, I could see the shimmer from the powder on my hand and as little as I used and as much as I blended it in, it still gave a white cast on my skin. However, I bought it anyway. I'll never really know if it works until I try it out. So, I'll give it a spin tomorrow and hopefully it works because I do not want to return anything right now.
cheerleader.gif
Glad you are willing to give it a chance!!!

I went to Sephora today and swatched the pressed. I now know what you guys mean by the plastic look. I think the packaging is nicer on the pressed. I'll be buying that one when I nurse my wallet back to health lol

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
what coupon?
At HQHair.com. They send out coupons all the time, but they usually don't work on Nars. ''SNIP10'' gives you 10% off now (well, it worked 1-2 days ago, not sure if it still does) I *think* they have free worldwide shipping.

Oh, and it seems like Nars prices were raised. A blush is now 31,40 Euro on the european site.

RaymondKurzweil

Does anyone think it would be overkill to use MAC Blot on my t-zone and then apply the NARS? Do you think the layering of these in this way would take away from the NARS somehow? Are you all going to tell me there is only one way to find out?
shockt.gif

How are my fellow oily people liking this?

prettygirl

I'm sorry if this was asked already, but I use bare minerals foundation. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to get the loose powder to put on top of it? I don't know if it'd have the same effect like it does on top of liquid foundation. Thank you so much!

I still have bare minerals setting powder and MUFE HD setting powder as of the moment. Lol. But reading all of these reviews have me anxious for more! Specktra always makes my wallet hate me!!

linainoz

At HQHair.com. They send out coupons all the time, but they usually don't work on Nars. ''SNIP10'' gives you 10% off now (well, it worked 1-2 days ago, not sure if it still does) I *think* they have free worldwide shipping.

Oh, and it seems like Nars prices were raised. A blush is now 31,40 Euro on the european site.
Bugger! I ordered both the pressed and loose from HQHair a few days ago (I'm in Australia). The code available then didn't work for NARS, and since most of their coupons exclude NARS I just went ahead and ordered. If I had waited a couple of days I could have saved 5 pounds.
weeping.gif

Knope2012

I think I'm going to exchange the pressed version for the loose. I like the pressed, but the loose is easier for me to use.

CrissyF

After reading all the rave reviews, I think I will have to try it out! Hopefully my local NARS counter has both versions in to play with.

MissTT

I'm sorry if this was asked already, but I use bare minerals foundation. Do you guys think it'd be worth it to get the loose powder to put on top of it? I don't know if it'd have the same effect like it does on top of liquid foundation. Thank you so much!

I still have bare minerals setting powder and MUFE HD setting powder as of the moment. Lol. But reading all of these reviews have me anxious for more! Specktra always makes my wallet hate me!!
I suspect it works like the Mineral Veil - a soft focus finishing powder.

elegant-one

Yes! Its so light weight that it works under or over anything else flawlessly.

Dominique33

Honestly the Nars Reflecting powder is better than the MUFE HD, much more invisible and definitely reflecting the light. It's probably perfect over a foundation ( I never wear foundations ) but it also works alone ( before applying my Chanel JC blush ), I was amazed both by the packaging and the product itself. I took the pressed version, I guess the loose formula is even better ( I love loose powders from the Nars one the regular one I mean to the Chanel Poudre Universelle, Guerlain les Voilettes or Diorskin Nude Rose powder which is so lovely and delicate ).
Yes my wallet is beginning to hate me too lol but the Nars Powder is really worth the price, it's very good indeed !

Supercoolstephy

I've been testing it out with a few samples that I got from sephora. I'm still torn on it. I'm trying to figure out what it should be doing to my face to make it have a "WOW" factor. I just dont get it I think. Maybe I'm not applying it properly. I don't know.

prettygirl

Honestly the Nars Reflecting powder is better than the MUFE HD, much more invisible and definitely reflecting the light. It's probably perfect over a foundation ( I never wear foundations ) but it also works alone ( before applying my Chanel JC blush ), I was amazed both by the packaging and the product itself. I took the pressed version, I guess the loose formula is even better ( I love loose powders from the Nars one the regular one I mean to the Chanel Poudre Universelle, Guerlain les Voilettes or Diorskin Nude Rose powder which is so lovely and delicate ).
Yes my wallet is beginning to hate me too lol but the Nars Powder is really worth the price, it's very good indeed !
Thank you loves!!!! You guys convinced me!! I'm going to add it to my Sephora list, I have 10% off VIB!
nanaparty.gif

Yazmin

BEWARE: EXTREME ENABLING

Gotta type this fast before I got to go visit my dad at the hospital. He just had surgery, but he's doing good :)

I got my Nars Powder today! And let me start off by saying, Elegant wasn't lying!

For reference, I'm NC50 (technically, NC45-50 as both are too light/dark for me. The delivery guy comes super early everyday, so I got my powder by 10:45ish (I was working from home today so I was pretty excited!). I put on very light layer of my studio fix fluid foundation that I am trying to use up and the powder on one side. Immediately I noticed a difference! My face looked so smooth on the side that had the powder on. It really did disappear into my skin.

I forgot about the powder and went about my work until I looked into the mirror later on in the day. I noticed that half my face looked brighter than the other and remembered that I put the powder on (I had put it underneath my eyes also and it immediately lifted up my face). I am a complete skincare junkie and am obsessed with keeping my skin clear and smooth. Saying this, the Nars powder is one of the best products for the face I have tried! I looked at my face in about three different mirrors to make sure that I was seeing correctly. Then I took a picture of it and my face came out smooth on the camera and more 'blurred'
cheerleader.gif
I used a magnifying mirror and I can't tell that it has sparkles, but I'll take everyone's word for it.

Long story short, YOU NEED THIS. By the way, I got the loose powder, but will be getting the press shortly.

more enabling:

I planned on going to Walgreens to grab cleansing wipes and that's it

lol.gif

But of course I had to browse the makeup section
sneaky.gif
I picked up Rimmel's Scandaleyes eyeliner in Nude for the waterline and I love it! Finally, a drugstore version of nude eyeliners for the waterline. It's creamy and immediately stopped looking like the Grim Reaper when I put it on.

The last thing I got was a lip primer. Sally Hansen came out with a line of awesome lip care products. They have an invisible lipliner, a lip smoother/plumper and a lip primer that is supposed to make your lipstick last twice as long. I only grabbed the lip primer. It's definitely a P&P dupe! If you are not a big fan of Mac P&P prices, I recommend you try those. I made sure my lips were pretty chapped when I put it on to see how well it worked and after I put the primer on, then a matte lipstick (Rimmel Kate Moss line), I saw silky smooth lips. It's supposed to be a slight plumper and smoother as well.
I hope I didn't empty your wallets clutches.....
bouquet.gif

Pics:

I'm NC50, too, and if I had any doubts about whether this would be a great product for me, there aren't any anymore! Now I have to go and get this (but after my vacation).

See what you're making me do?

Slimmycakes

I got sucked in and purchased this with my VIB 10% off. The first Sephora had it on display but none to sell and luckily got the last one at the second Sephora I went to. I didn't try it out on a full face but tried it on the back of my hand, it does add a lil umph to the look of the skin. And there does seem to fine a fine shimmer too it. Thanks elegant-one and all you other lovely enablers.

hazyday

I went to Sephora today and they were all out of the loose powder! They were so kind as to give me a SAMPLE, even though it was sold out! I loved how it felt on my hand when looking at the testers. It is so soft!!

elegant-one

I got sucked in and purchased this with my VIB 10% off. The first Sephora had it on display but none to sell and luckily got the last one at the second Sephora I went to. I didn't try it out on a full face but tried it on the back of my hand, it does add a lil umph to the look of the skin. And there does seem to fine a fine shimmer too it. Thanks elegant-one and all you other lovely enablers.
bouquet.gif
You're so sweet.

elegant-one

I've been testing it out with a few samples that I got from sephora. I'm still torn on it. I'm trying to figure out what it should be doing to my face to make it have a "WOW" factor. I just dont get it I think. Maybe I'm not applying it properly. I don't know.
hmmm :( When you stand back from the mirror you don't notice any softening of your complexion tonally? It really really helps the staying power of your makeup too. And, I also noticed that if I used it on my naked skin first, my blush look so much better.

Also, so I don't taint the pressed one, I am just using disposable cotton pads to apply unless I don't have anything on my skin, then I will use the sponge that comes with it.

Medgal07

Weighing In: I've had the loose iteration of the illuminating powder since Thursday. I dabbled only, because I was already in full makeup when it arrived. I put a bit on my hand---meh. Then I put some on half my face and BAM! I turned my head and peered at myself admiringly, and even giggled a bit. Then came Friday. I applied a full face of makeup and set the look with this powder and wow. I was/am so impressed. My skin is going through a good phase at the moment (these are usually short-lived) and this powder made me look---dare I say, angelic...and I'm so not that.
girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif

Anyway, I love this stuff. I had no doubts that I would because I've observed Elegant-One long enough to know that she has exceptional taste, which is why I jumped on this as soon as I read one of her posts about it over in the AG thread. I will say, I was initially put-off by the smell of the loose powder...not in a bad way. It's just that I couldn't identify what I thought to be a familiar smell. Yesterday during afternoon tea...POW it hit me. I was drinking Stash Vanilla Nut Cream tea...yes, I think the powder has a nutty smell, and I don't mind it at all.

So, here's to you Elegant-One.
drinks.gif
Thank you for introducing me to this amazing product
kissy.gif

BTW, I used my NARS Yaychio brush which I found to be the perfect size for picking up and buffing the powder onto my face...just awesome!

Latest posts