NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

Medgal07

I'm NC50, too, and if I had any doubts about whether this would be a great product for me, there aren't any anymore! Now I have to go and get this (but after my vacation).

See what you're making me do?
Glad you're enjoying the powder too Yazmin! I hope you have a fabulous vacation and your dad a speedy recovery!!!!

Yazmin

I'm NC50, too, and if I had any doubts about whether this would be a great product for me, there aren't any anymore! Now I have to go and get this (but after my vacation).

See what you're making me do?
Glad you're enjoying the powder too Yazmin! I hope you have a fabulous vacation and your dad a speedy recovery!!!!
I haven't gotten the powder yet, but plan to after I return from vacation. Thanks! - I plan to have a fabulous vacation where hitting up any MAC within a mile radius at any given time will be a must.

Sorry, not sure who's dad you're referring to (mine's deceased) - but I hope he makes a speedy recovery as well.

elegant-one

Weighing In: I've had the loose iteration of the illuminating powder since Thursday. I dabbled only, because I was already in full makeup when it arrived. I put a bit on my hand---meh. Then I put some on half my face and BAM! I turned my head and peered at myself admiringly, and even giggled a bit. Then came Friday. I applied a full face of makeup and set the look with this powder and wow. I was/am so impressed. My skin is going through a good phase at the moment (these are usually short-lived) and this powder made me look---dare I say, angelic...and I'm so not that.
girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif

Anyway, I love this stuff. I had no doubts that I would because I've observed Elegant-One long enough to know that she has exceptional taste, which is why I jumped on this as soon as I read one of her posts about it over in the AG thread. I will say, I was initially put-off by the smell of the loose powder...not in a bad way. It's just that I couldn't identify what I thought to be a familiar smell. Yesterday during afternoon tea...POW it hit me. I was drinking Stash Vanilla Nut Cream tea...yes, I think the powder has a nutty smell, and I don't mind it at all.

So, here's to you Elegant-One.
drinks.gif
Thank you for introducing me to this amazing product
kissy.gif

BTW, I used my NARS Yaychio brush which I found to be the perfect size for picking up and buffing the powder onto my face...just awesome!
amuse.gif
greengrin.gif
bouquet.gif
th_kiss.gif

How nice is that! I am so glad that you love it. I never thought about it, but yes, that NARS brush would work nicely. I am using a thicker fluffy foundation brush & I love how it is laying down the powder. Hmmm, I didn't notice any smell so now I have to go sniff it.
girlhaha.gif

Be Angelic
heart.gif

Medgal07

I haven't gotten the powder yet, but plan to after I return from vacation. Thanks! - I plan to have a fabulous vacation where hitting up any MAC within a mile radius at any given time will be a must.

Sorry, not sure who's dad you're referring to (mine's deceased) - but I hope he makes a speedy recovery as well.
Sorry about that Yazmin....meant for velamazing!!!!

hwdsprincess

still haven't forgot about our outlet cco trip...hopefully soon....and DO have a fabulous vacation!!

Yazmin

still haven't forgot about our outlet cco trip...hopefully soon....and DO have a fabulous vacation!!
Thanks!

Funny you mentioned that. I was just thinking about that earlier. I'm game after mid-March. I'll connect with you after I return.

Yazmin

Sorry about that Yazmin....meant for velamazing!!!!
No worries.

MACerette

Wow, there are too many posts in several threads too properly catch up. Elegant, this morning I caved in and bought the loose powder, along with the Yachiyo brush I believe BuickMackane has been raving about. I have wanted that sucker for quite a while now. And I couldn't pass up on the powder after all those raves now could I? It took a whole lot of self restraint not to throw in some blushes in the cart. Added amour, Gina, Gilda, Mata Hari, Taj Mahal, took them out, added again, took them out. Anybody recognize this
wacko.gif
?

VampyCouture

Updates: The loose powder is still amazing. Every single time I wear it, I'm in disbelief! I can't wait to get the pressed. Nothing much more to say that hasn't already been said/raved about this product.

I wore Ruby Woo out the other night with that Sally Hansen lip primer. I NEVER reapplied nor did I find it drying, which is a first, because for almost a year, I refused to wear Ruby Woo (one of my faves) because it was so drying. That lip primer is amazing!

Supercoolstephy

hmmm :( When you stand back from the mirror you don't notice any softening of your complexion tonally? It really really helps the staying power of your makeup too. And, I also noticed that if I used it on my naked skin first, my blush look so much better.

Also, so I don't taint the pressed one, I am just using disposable cotton pads to apply unless I don't have anything on my skin, then I will use the sponge that comes with it.

Ok. This morning while using my sample I saw it. I saw what you were all talking about. Dang it. I was hoping it didn't work on me so I could save a couple bucks. haha.

CrissyF

Ok. This morning while using my sample I saw it. I saw what you were all talking about. Dang it. I was hoping it didn't work on me so I could save a couple bucks. haha.
I want it so bad now! But I'm trying to spread out the makeup purchases this month. Trying lol! But I want angelic skin too :p

MaitaiFluff

So happy. I picked up the pressed powder so I can harness its amazing-ness on the go. I had trouble with the little sponge thing that came along with it, so I tucked in one of the little brushes that came with a Chanel compact. Now, I'm all set at home with the loose powder and can touch up anywhere I go. Thank you all for being such enablers!

elkaknits

OK so I have been enjoying both the FM BP and the Nars by themselves and noticing a softening of lines and evening of skin texture with both but this Saturday I applied them together. The BP instead of foundation {just a wee under eyes cus I'm an insomniac and need foundation there} and then the Nars. I would swear I looked 20 yrs younger but nobody would believe me so I will settle for 10 {but really it was 20} I also did the most minimal of makeup with TPC {must find another}, a nude allover lid and some brown in crease, and Pure Zen. I never go out clubbing without a strong lip or eye but I looked fabulous and seriously just wanted to emphasize the skin. SEVERAL people told me I looked great. Not just the husband who didn't even say anything about the lack of red lipstick.

Seriously.

20 yrs off my face like poof

elegant-one

OK so I have been enjoying both the FM BP and the Nars by themselves and noticing a softening of lines and evening of skin texture with both but this Saturday I applied them together. The BP instead of foundation {just a wee under eyes cus I'm an insomniac and need foundation there} and then the Nars. I would swear I looked 20 yrs younger but nobody would believe me so I will settle for 10 {but really it was 20} I also did the most minimal of makeup with TPC {must find another}, a nude allover lid and some brown in crease, and Pure Zen. I never go out clubbing without a strong lip or eye but I looked fabulous and seriously just wanted to emphasize the skin. SEVERAL people told me I looked great. Not just the husband who didn't even say anything about the lack of red lipstick.

Seriously.

20 yrs off my face like poof
I couldn't agree more with that same ^^^ experience!!! I did a similar thing yesterday, only I used the new Mac flatter me pearlmatte & cream soda blush. I put it on at 10 am & my makeup looked as flawless & perfect at 9pm. I love LOVE this powder.
heart.gif

smokeyrose

Does anyone have NARS Nico and can compare it to the new Setting Powders? I was prepared to buy Nico because it gets great reviews as an illuminating setting powder for PPP but all the raves for this one made me hesitate. Why oh why do I have to order online -.-.

shadowaddict

Does anyone have NARS Nico and can compare it to the new Setting Powders? I was prepared to buy Nico because it gets great reviews as an illuminating setting powder for PPP but all the raves for this one made me hesitate. Why oh why do I have to order online -.-.
I tried Nico a couple of years ago and I found it too sparkly for me. I'm 50 so thats something I have to stay away from. Sometimes it's difficult to find a product that gives a nice glow without sparkles or looking frosty. For me that's the case with most of NARS blushes. It takes too much time & work to try to blend them down. But I'm sure there are others who love Nico.

I haven't purchased the new reflecting powder yet but have planned to since I saw a couple of great reviews. I just checked the Sephora site and it looks like my store has the loose one in so I'll be getting it this week.

I guess I really didn't help you much with how Nico might compare to this powder. I just thought I'd throw in how I found Nico to be.

You can always trust Elegant's reviews on products. Yes she is the great enabler
yesmaster.gif
However I've purchased many products sight unseen based on her reviews and she was spot on.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Looks like both powders are now sold out on HQHair.
icon_eek.gif

I keep checking my tracking number every day, but it says no details found. Don't know what's up with that. I hope my package will just pop up at my door in the next days.

Latest posts