NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

missanne

So, I've tried the loose powder a couple of times. Honestly, I'm not blown away. I think the other loose powders I have (Chanel, Laura Mercier and MUFE) work better for me, personally. I'm glad it actually did blend into my skin, unlike my hand when I swatched. Also, I saw the fine shimmer on my face, but only when I was super close. I didn't see any magical airbrushing or light reflecting or anything like that. It's great that so many of you love it, but it doesn't do the same things for me. I'm pretty sure it's going back because I am in love with the Chanel loose powder.
I'll be honest I haven't seen the magic photoshop effect myself. DH usually will compliment me if my skin looks different. However it does keep me matte all day. I've been using it over my maybelline bb cream which usually will get greasy mid-day but w/ this powder I stay shine free all day. Which Chanel powder do you use? I still use the discontiued tient innocense found but never used the loose powder.

shontay07108

So sorry your experience was less than stellar---that happens sometimes.  I'm glad you have a HG in the Chanel loose powder, which I have not yet tried.  Would you recommend it, and why? I'm always open to trying new products, especially when endorsed on this site.  :bouquet:
I'll be honest I haven't seen the magic photoshop effect myself. DH usually will compliment me if my skin looks different. However it does keep me matte all day. I've been using it over my maybelline bb cream which usually will get greasy mid-day but w/ this powder I stay shine free all day. Which Chanel powder do you use? I still use the discontiued tient innocense found but never used the loose powder.
I use the Poudre Universelle Libre #40. I love this powder above the Laura Mercier and MUFE HD because it does some of the things you guys said the Nars loose powder does for you. It makes my skin look soft and even. It doesn't look like I'm glowing, but I don't look matte. I guess you can say it gives a satin finish to my skin. The Nars tinted mosturizer, which I love, gives me a glow and when I put the Chanel loose powder over it, it tones it down just a bit. The Chanel Perfection Lumiere, which can be a little drying for me, looks beautiful and natural with the loose powder on top. That foundation works better with that Chanel powder than any other powder I've used it with. I think it has something to do with the slight pigmentation of the powder. It's not white, but it's not so dark that anyone my complexion (NC45) or darker couldn't use it as a setting powder. I took a chance on the powder a few weeks ago after some youtube raves and I'm so glad I did. I love Chanel, I love that huge, expensive looking jar. I can't even imagine running out. So, I think I'll just stop looking into loose powders from now on. It's just HG for me. I have normal/dry skin, by the way.

Medgal07

I have normal/dry skin, by the way.
THANK YOU Shontay----I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Chanel loose powder. No way will I give up the NLRP, but I'll definitely be putting it on my list of products to try in the future!
kissy.gif

shontay07108

THANK YOU Shontay----I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Chanel loose powder.  No way will I give up the NLRP, but I'll definitely be putting it on my list of products to try in the future!    :kissy:
You're welcome. There's no need to give up a thing. :lol: I already had a couple of great powders before buying the Chanel powder. That's because I can't help myself. :haha:

sadiebaby781

after all the enabling, I just HAD to buy this! Just ordered from Sephora yesterday and its on its way now!
pompom.gif
so excited!!! I can't decide how I will apply it though...I have a MAC 150, would that work? or should I use a 182 to buff it into the skin? TIA!

Prettypackages

It's great that so many of you love it, but it doesn't do the same things for me. I'm pretty sure it's going back because I am in love with the Chanel loose powder.
which LM Loose powder do you have?

Would you guys use this powder on top of a beauty powder? Or one or the other?

Oh yeah,l and I was in Sephora today. I picked up both. smh.

shontay07108

which LM Loose powder do you have?  Would you guys use this powder on top of  a beauty powder?  Or one or the other?  Oh yeah,l and I was in Sephora today.  I picked up both.  smh.  
Secret Brightening Powder #2 If a beauty powder is a color like peach or pink, I use it as a blush after powder. If it's a natural color (Like Tahitian Sand by Mac), I use it as my setting powder.

missanne

I use the Poudre Universelle Libre #40. I love this powder above the Laura Mercier and MUFE HD because it does some of the things you guys said the Nars loose powder does for you. It makes my skin look soft and even. It doesn't look like I'm glowing, but I don't look matte. I guess you can say it gives a satin finish to my skin. The Nars tinted mosturizer, which I love, gives me a glow and when I put the Chanel loose powder over it, it tones it down just a bit. The Chanel Perfection Lumiere, which can be a little drying for me, looks beautiful and natural with the loose powder on top. That foundation works better with that Chanel powder than any other powder I've used it with. I think it has something to do with the slight pigmentation of the powder. It's not white, but it's not so dark that anyone my complexion (NC45) or darker couldn't use it as a setting powder. I took a chance on the powder a few weeks ago after some youtube raves and I'm so glad I did. I love Chanel, I love that huge, expensive looking jar. I can't even imagine running out. So, I think I'll just stop looking into loose powders from now on. It's just HG for me. I have normal/dry skin, by the way.
Thanks a bunch for your review. I'm going to ask my Chanel SA for a sample. I love Chanel products and have no idea why I never tried it. Right now I'm also sampling the LM secret brightening powder. I will say that the Nars makes my bare skin look smoother . I'm going to see if I get those results from the other powders as well. I never wore foundation on a regular before so I never had use for a loose powder. I just set it w/MAC blot powder. So now I'm in the market for a HG loose. I have feeling it might be Chanel. I agree w/ that same feeling you have about the huge expensive looking jar LOL I have a jar of that feerie powder on my dresser that i have never ever used but for some reason i just get this fuzzy feeling every time i look at it.

Shadowy Lady

Does anyone have both the loose AND pressed Nars versions to compare? I have a lose powder by Ben Nye (the white translucent one) that I've been using for years and LOVE....I also have the Chanel Poudre Universelle compact (shade Peche - good for light peachy/pink undertones) that I keep in my purse for touch up and I have no complaint.

But I want to know if it's worth getting one of the Nars powders on top of these two I have and if so which one should I get? loose of pressed? My skin is combo, dry on cheeks and whatnot and oilier on forehead. The reviews are tempting but I want to only get it if it does something more than the two (very different) powders I have.

Medgal07

Does anyone have both the loose AND pressed Nars versions to compare? I have a lose powder by Ben Nye (the white translucent one) that I've been using for years and LOVE....I also have the Chanel Poudre Universelle compact (shade Peche - good for light peachy/pink undertones) that I keep in my purse for touch up and I have no complaint.

But I want to know if it's worth getting one of the Nars powders on top of these two I have and if so which one should I get? loose of pressed? My skin is combo, dry on cheeks and whatnot and oilier on forehead. The reviews are tempting but I want to only get it if it does something more than the two (very different) powders I have.
I think Elegant-one, master enabler who turned us all on to this (so glad she did) powder has both. I love the loose powder but I'm going to order the compact ASAP, just because I'm anal that way. I love this stuff and I want it in my purse. Mind you, I have NEVER had to reapply it but I like to be ready! In my mind, it's a necessity!
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

after all the enabling, I just HAD to buy this! Just ordered from Sephora yesterday and its on its way now!
pompom.gif
so excited!!! I can't decide how I will apply it though...I have a MAC 150, would that work? or should I use a 182 to buff it into the skin? TIA!
wavey.gif
Hi sadiebaby781! The 150 will definitely work, as will your 182 but I've found that I have more control with the NARS Yachiyo brush. I apply small amounts of the powder in a circular, buffing motions. It's just the perfect size for it.

missanne

Secret Brightening Powder #2 If a beauty powder is a color like peach or pink, I use it as a blush after powder. If it's a natural color (Like Tahitian Sand by Mac), I use it as my setting powder.
I had no idea there was a #2. My Sephora only had one so i assumed it was universal. Nordies has the #2 though. Thanks again!

Medgal07

wavey.gif
Elegant-One
wavey.gif
I just ordered the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. Let's here it for team 2/two/++. Love this powder so much I needed both iterations of it!!
yahoo.gif

elkaknits

I have both but I don't have either of the ones you own so cannot compare to those. I actually prefer the loose but I knew I would. I have been carrying the pressed in my bag but if I leave home without make-up I don't think to put on powder... I should see how it works with no mascara etc. I am sure it would at least make my skin look better. The loose is very long lasting so touch-ups were unnecessary for me. I have dry skin and am prone to eczema with oily t-zone. Not a slip and slide oily t-zone but the strawberry pores on nose. Might be due to a couple of decades of smoking. Which I have stopped.

elegant-one

wavey.gif
Elegant-One
wavey.gif
I just ordered the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder. Let's here it for team 2/two/++. Love this powder so much I needed both iterations of it!!
yahoo.gif
w00t.gif
drinkup.gif

Vampy - I tried to multi quote you too but it disappeared. I do the same as you do with the powder & cream blush.

Latest posts