NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

shontay07108

Aww girl, you're so pretty it wouldn't matter if you used powder or not :nods: I'm with you on the I Love Chanel fest :frenz:
:kiss: I was thinking what would happen if I applied foundation without powder. I don't have oily skin so maybe it would be OK. Still, I think I'd be a little freaked out. It's just natural to put on powder. Natural like flushing the toilet after you use it, ya know? :lol:

elegant-one

I was thinking what would happen if I applied foundation without powder. I don't have oily skin so maybe it would be OK. Still, I think I'd be a little freaked out. It's just natural to put on powder. Natural like flushing the toilet after you use it, ya know?
lol.gif
girlhaha.gif
....just like that.
lol.gif

Slimmycakes

I wanted to use the powder for a bit before I made an opinion. I used it over the past three days... Over foundation (powder) I didn't notice any difference, any wow factor. (ducks tomatoes) However, the past two days I've been short on time so it's just been under eye concealer and blush... and I like what I seen! I find it makes me skin have... a lil je ne sa quoi. So on days when I'm short on time, I'll be using this. It makes me feel more confident in my own skin. And I have normal skin and usually go for UD All Nighter for setting my full face makeup.
Thanks for everyone's reviews and other brand suggestions. Although we all have difference experiences with products, the forum is always helpful.

looovemac

I. NEED. THIS. POWDER!!!!!! LoL I am about to order this, but I was thinking.. if anyone tried the Hourglass new powder, does it compare to this at all or do I need both?! hahahah someone take my cc away!

MaryJane

I'm one of those people who aren't loving this product. I got a sample of the loose and purchased the pressed - no matter how little I apply or what brush I use I get a white cast on my face. My foundation (UD Naked) actually looks better without the powder. Back to Sephora with this.

The Hourglass powders are different in that they aren't translucent - some are more matter while others are more for highlighting.

duku

I almost bought this today but I just wasn't sure. Would it work for combination/dehydrated/sometimes oily skin? Does it mattify? Pressed or loose? The loose powder has 3g more apparently (10 vs 7 grams).

MissTT

I'm one of those people who aren't loving this product. I got a sample of the loose and purchased the pressed - no matter how little I apply or what brush I use I get a white cast on my face. My foundation (UD Naked) actually looks better without the powder. Back to Sephora with this.

The Hourglass powders are different in that they aren't translucent - some are more matter while others are more for highlighting.
MaryJane what color do you wear in the UD Naked?

Prettypackages

I have both but I don't have either of the ones you own so cannot compare to those. I actually prefer the loose but I knew I would. I have been carrying the pressed in my bag but if I leave home without make-up I don't think to put on powder... I should see how it works with no mascara etc. I am sure it would at least make my skin look better. The loose is very long lasting so touch-ups were unnecessary for me. I have dry skin and am prone to eczema with oily t-zone. Not a slip and slide oily t-zone but the strawberry pores on nose. Might be due to a couple of decades of smoking. Which I have stopped.
strawberry pores?

hwdsprincess

I wore mine for the first time today,,, well I liked it then after awhile I started feeling oily so I put some more NARS and I was fine....so far so good I'll be using it again tomorrow w foundation the the powder over it I'll see how that goes

sss215

I use the Poudre Universelle Libre #40. I love this powder above the Laura Mercier and MUFE HD because it does some of the things you guys said the Nars loose powder does for you. It makes my skin look soft and even. It doesn't look like I'm glowing, but I don't look matte. I guess you can say it gives a satin finish to my skin. The Nars tinted mosturizer, which I love, gives me a glow and when I put the Chanel loose powder over it, it tones it down just a bit. The Chanel Perfection Lumiere, which can be a little drying for me, looks beautiful and natural with the loose powder on top. That foundation works better with that Chanel powder than any other powder I've used it with. I think it has something to do with the slight pigmentation of the powder. It's not white, but it's not so dark that anyone my complexion (NC45) or darker couldn't use it as a setting powder. I took a chance on the powder a few weeks ago after some youtube raves and I'm so glad I did. I love Chanel, I love that huge, expensive looking jar. I can't even imagine running out. So, I think I'll just stop looking into loose powders from now on. It's just HG for me. I have normal/dry skin, by the way.
I love prefection lumier, I am going to check out this powder!

Medgal07

yahoo.gif
I got my NLRPP in the mail today!!! I have not yet tried it but I got this compact for my purse. Still using & loving the NARS loose version!!
yahoo.gif

elkaknits

hwdsprincess has it correct. I have little blackheads or something on my nose that makes my nose look like a strawberry to me. Mind you MUAs always say my skin is really good but I think that is to sell stuffs. My sister who does not have strawberry nose says she cannot walk into a MU dept without being told she needs to buy this or that cus her skin is so dry or what not. I spent half my teen years with a towel tented over my head and a bowl of boiling water. I am very self conscious about it but honestly it is more me than anybody else. We women tend to be harsher towards ourselves than others would be... or at least I hope nobody sits there staring at my nose saying ewwww pores
icon_eek.gif

strawberry pores?

duku

hwdsprincess has it correct. I have little blackheads or something on my nose that makes my nose look like a strawberry to me. Mind you MUAs always say my skin is really good but I think that is to sell stuffs. My sister who does not have strawberry nose says she cannot walk into a MU dept without being told she needs to buy this or that cus her skin is so dry or what not. I spent half my teen years with a towel tented over my head and a bowl of boiling water. I am very self conscious about it but honestly it is more me than anybody else. We women tend to be harsher towards ourselves than others would be... or at least I hope nobody sits there staring at my nose saying ewwww pores
icon_eek.gif

They're called sebaceous filaments, they're not blackheads but are commonly mistaken as such.

Quote: "Be mindful that what may appear to be blackheads may not actually be blackheads. Blackheads are typically larger and once they are extracted they don’t come back. If you have blackheads, especially on the nose or in the corners, that keep coming back regardless of how often you squeeze them they are probably not blackheads. These are called sebaceous filaments, and even with really good skin care habits, they don’t really go away. I deal with these because my skin is very oily. If I were to squeeze one of these at night, the pores would be “full” again by morning. The best thing to do is just to keep with your regimen and do the clay masks. Don’t waste your time obsessing over these or trying to get them out because you are more likely to injure yourself and cause broken capillaries."

http://www.holisticallyhaute.com/2011/09/blemishes-to-pick-or-not-to-pick.html
http://www.livestrong.com/article/546911-difference-between-blackheads-sebaceous-filaments/

elkaknits

Thank you Duku that is really helpful and informative. Yeah I have a zillionty and they are not those hard large looking blackheads but rather a dusting all over of little pinpricks.

I used to regularly go for facials and get dermabrasion and such and those things helped. The lady one time started 'unclogging' my pores by basically squeezing them between her fingers. I was like don't! I know better than that. Steam, clay masks ala Borghese, those nose strips either from store or home made concoctions and a mild witch hazel/rose water type of toner are regular parts of my life. It is good to know that it is normal and not something to think of as a flaw

Beautybuyer

So I'm so torn between trying this setting powder or the laura mercier setting powder. I'm opting for the loose just because from what I've always heard it better for setting foundation. Not sure if its true lol. I assume there's a bigger reason for pressed vs loose than just travel convienence. Has anyone tried both? I just need something to set my foundation and want absolutely no shimmer sparkle etc

missanne

So I'm so torn between trying this setting powder or the laura mercier setting powder. I'm opting for the loose just because from what I've always heard it better for setting foundation. Not sure if its true lol. I assume there's a bigger reason for pressed vs loose than just travel convienence. Has anyone tried both? I just need something to set my foundation and want absolutely no shimmer sparkle etc
I would suggest the loose. It seems to keep my skin more matte even without foundation. The pressed does have some very fine shimmer. Not sparkly but very slight shimmer. You can see the sheen to it even in the compact.

Icecaramellatte

I saw this in Sephora and almost picked it up but I had just come from a Laura Mercier event and bought a powder from them so I thought it would be best to come on here and do research. It's looking like I will pick this up.
Maybe it will end up being a little less white on your face as it mixes with the natural oils of your skin. Hopefully it works. People/companies like to tell WOC that translucent means the product won't show up on anyone including us, but they clearly have little experience with ashy skin. Excited to hear how it works for you.
So true. Translucent doesn't always work for WOC.

VampyCouture

I saw this in Sephora and almost picked it up but I had just come from a Laura Mercier event and bought a powder from them so I thought it would be best to come on here and do research. It's looking like I will pick this up.

Thanks for the review. I was wondering about the ashy factor. I will check out this pencil and the Sally Hansen. I have a lip exfoliator from SH that I really like and want to try some other SH lip products.

So true. Translucent doesn't always work for WOC.
Yes, do pick it up! :)

I agree with the translucent thing. I hear it all the time. This one doesn't leave a white cast, though. In fact, you don't even know if you are applying it because it's so fine, which is a good thing

Latest posts