NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

shadowaddict

I've been using a fluffy flat Chanel foundation brush. I only used it in the beginning because it was the only clean brush I had at the moment, but then ended up loving how it applied the powder.
Is that the duo fiber one, I think #7? If so how does it differ from the #187? That is if you've compared them. When I searched people say that it is more dense than the #187. I was just wondering how that would affect application. I've read that with this powder (I think Cafe makeup) that you need to be careful not to use too much. And that you get the best look with a light application blended.

What have you found that has worked best for you? I had been planning to buy a new blending brush. Mainly because I love makeup brushes and also easier with cleaning to have an extra clean one handy. But of course want to make an informed decision of which brush to purchase. To help from getting too heavy handed I was thinking that the best brush for this would also be a good choice for highlight powder such as the Chanel one we all just bought:) Of course I may not know what the hell I'm talking about and tow completely different brushes for these products may be best. I have been using the #188 for highlighters.

JaeisFancy

Got my reflecting powder, however they sent me the loose instead of the pressed...uggh! They are sending me the pressed right away.

So, I will actually be able to use/compare both for you!

EDIT: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the powder!!!! So, I will keep both the loose & the pressed.

On me, it made my skin look incredibly smooth, flawless, soft-focused. It also made the powder contour & blush go on so smoothly & soft & color true!!
Hi, I just bought the pressed powder today at Sephora. I didn't try the loose because I was in a rush. Any preference between the loose and pressed or is it just a matter of it being more travel friendly? Thanks

elegant-one

Hi, I just bought the pressed powder today at Sephora. I didn't try the loose because I was in a rush. Any preference between the loose and pressed or is it just a matter of it being more travel friendly? Thanks
I didn't notice any difference between the loose & the pressed. Some liked the pressed & for the travel convenience. I prefer the loose. You should get the same great results.

elegant-one

Is that the duo fiber one, I think #7? If so how does it differ from the #187? That is if you've compared them. When I searched people say that it is more dense than the #187. I was just wondering how that would affect application. I've read that with this powder (I think Cafe makeup) that you need to be careful not to use too much. And that you get the best look with a light application blended.

What have you found that has worked best for you? I had been planning to buy a new blending brush. Mainly because I love makeup brushes and also easier with cleaning to have an extra clean one handy. But of course want to make an informed decision of which brush to purchase. To help from getting too heavy handed I was thinking that the best brush for this would also be a good choice for highlight powder such as the Chanel one we all just bought:) Of course I may not know what the hell I'm talking about and tow completely different brushes for these products may be best. I have been using the #188 for highlighters.
Maybe just try a few different brushes to see what you like best. I used this Chanel brush. It works well around the eyes & I feel like I get the perfect amount of powder.

calicogirl

I went to Sephora today and swatched the loose powder next to the pressed. I found that the pressed powder had slight shimmer particles that grabbed light more than the loose powder did. They both give a flawless finish and I will be purchasing the loose as well. You can't go wrong with either one.

elegant-one

Is that the #6 foundation brush elegant?
Why yes my dear, it is
girlhaha.gif

S100395_XLARGE.jpg

Here's the regular full size #6

S137090_XLARGE.jpg

missanne

I brought the pressed and got a sample of the loose. The loose looks matte on my skin while the pressed looks a tad glowy (just slightly).

hwdsprincess

I don't know - is it???? I don't have the box any more, but I guess I can look on the site for the full size. This was from last years Christmas brush set.
So another day I'm waiting for my UPS guy... My loose powder is out for delivery can u call ur UPS guy to track down my UPS guy see where he's at lol as I NEED my package!!! But in the mean time did I tell u I fell in love w my MM FM BP? Lol took awhile but now I can't leave it alone and thank god for BU's lol

elegant-one

So another day I'm waiting for my UPS guy... My loose powder is out for delivery can u call ur UPS guy to track down my UPS guy see where he's at lol as I NEED my package!!! But in the mean time did I tell u I fell in love w my MM FM BP? Lol took awhile but now I can't leave it alone and thank god for BU's lol
rofl.gif

Oh my gosh on the FM BP
eyelove.gif
I can't live without it (that & this powder)
love.gif

Well I hope you get your package SOON! Come on already Mr. UPS dude.

JaeisFancy

I didn't notice any difference between the loose & the pressed. Some liked the pressed & for the travel convenience.  I prefer the loose. You should get the same great results.
Thanks for your input. I tried it on using my sephora pro "airbrush" brush- I believe the bristles are taklon and I love the results I got. Definitely softened my lines, it's exactly what I have been searching for.

Medgal07

I am so in love with this powder!!! I have the loose and contemplated getting the compact, but quite honestly the application lasted >12 hrs. I never had to reapply it. So here's my honest to goodness experience...After applying my makeup, I applied the loose powder with my Yachiyo in light, small circular motion----applying and buffing...it was spiritual. I might even have heard a harp and some angels singing!!
th_dunno.gif

girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
girlhaha.gif

elkaknits

since the mention of the hourglass powders has come up here~ and if there is a thread dedicated to it please feel free to lmk~ I thought I would link to a post that highlights some hourglass makeup and mentions it eek first time

http://www.makeup4all.com/get-the-look-la-perla-and-la-perla-black-label-with-hourglass-cosmetics/

MarieMary

I am so in love with this powder!!!  I have the loose and contemplated getting the compact, but quite honestly the application lasted >12 hrs.  I never had to reapply it.  So here's my honest to goodness experience...After applying my makeup, I applied the loose powder with my Yachiyo in light, small circular motion----applying and buffing...it was spiritual.  I might even have heard a harp and some angels singing!!  :dunno: :haha: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:  :haha:
Thanks so much for your comment! It's great to know that it works wonderfully well with the Yachiyo. :)

shontay07108

So, I've tried the loose powder a couple of times. Honestly, I'm not blown away. I think the other loose powders I have (Chanel, Laura Mercier and MUFE) work better for me, personally. I'm glad it actually did blend into my skin, unlike my hand when I swatched. Also, I saw the fine shimmer on my face, but only when I was super close. I didn't see any magical airbrushing or light reflecting or anything like that. It's great that so many of you love it, but it doesn't do the same things for me. I'm pretty sure it's going back because I am in love with the Chanel loose powder.

JaeisFancy

I am so in love with this powder!!! I have the loose and contemplated getting the compact, but quite honestly the application lasted >12 hrs. I never had to reapply it. So here's my honest to goodness experience...After applying my makeup, I applied the loose powder with my Yachiyo in light, small circular motion----applying and buffing...it was spiritual. I might even have heard a harp and some angels singing!!
th_dunno.gif

girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
girlhaha.gif
lol Too funny, I also had a really good feeling after I applied mine. The bf thinks I'm crazy because I told him I felt so good after putting it on, he just doesn't understand. I definitely want the loose one as well now.

JaeisFancy

It's great that so many of you love it, but it doesn't do the same things for me. I'm pretty sure it's going back because I am in love with the Chanel loose powder.
I've brought back a few "magical" products myself that weren't work as miraculously on me as others. I'm glad I found this though because others I've tried seriously looked ashy on me and were noticeably white. I haven't tried Chanel's yet.

elegant-one

th_dunno.gif

girlhaha.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
angelic.gif
girlhaha.gif
clap.gif

Medgal07

It's great that so many of you love it, but it doesn't do the same things for me. I'm pretty sure it's going back because I am in love with the Chanel loose powder.
So sorry your experience was less than stellar---that happens sometimes. I'm glad you have a HG in the Chanel loose powder, which I have not yet tried. Would you recommend it, and why?
I'm always open to trying new products, especially when endorsed on this site.
bouquet.gif