NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

B7uemo0n

Review on the pressed powder. After doing my makeup at 530am this morning, going to work and coming home at 530pm I am not so greasy as opposed to when I didn't use it yesterday! After putting it on I did notice a blurr effect also. It is very suddle and can probably only be recognized if you really know your face. I think I'm going to love this stuff :)

Medgal07

Maybe I'm just really craving nachos, to the point where I'm hallucinating.
girlhaha.gif
Let me know if you detect anything.
amuse.gif
I did not
icon_eek.gif
. To me, the powder has a nutty smell. I think you need to satisfy your craving for nachos and then smell the powder again.
th_dunno.gif
th_roll1.gif

Prettypackages

I used the loose today at work. I was getting really greasy aroun 10 ish and put in on my tzone. I stayed matte the rest of the day...

Lisianthus

Thanks everyone! I'm glad the smell doesn't linger. I love peanut butter so I wouldn't find a nutty/peanut butter scent unpleasant. I have a Mac Sheer Mystery powder which I never use because the smell reminds me of a cheap perfume. I have bad memories of long bus rides, sat next to old ladies who've bathed in bad perfume, breathing through my mouth and trying not to gag.
sick.gif

hazyday

After much mulling it over, I finally ordered the loose powder. Can't wait to get it! The sample I had didn't make me look washed out, so I was willing to invest. :)

Antigone

Tried it in the counter on bare face. Loose on one cheek, pressed on the other.

I didn't notice any difference.

Also, my face kind of itched - a reaction I always get from NARS base, for some reason.

Suffice it to say this is not a product for me.

MaitaiFluff

Oh, the little things in life that make my day. I came back from lunch and wasn't feeling so fly, so I used my pressed powder to soften me up. A few minutes later my coworker says, "oh, you touched up your makeup, it looks stunning." I told her how excited I was that she noticed and it was all thanks to my new little powder.

deanfour

T
Oh, the little things in life that make my day. I came back from lunch and wasn't feeling so fly, so I used my pressed powder to soften me up. A few minutes later my coworker says, "oh, you touched up your makeup, it looks stunning." I told her how excited I was that she noticed and it was all thanks to my new little powder.[/quoteThat's great!

califabulous

I ordered the loose version last week. I wanted the ultimate experience and because this is supposed to last all day I went with the jar. so far I like it. No white cast.A little powdery during my application but no white cast to speak of --yet. I use a powder puff to press it in over foundation. I tried using the sonia kashuk duo fibre brush but it seemed to apply too much product. That brush may work better with the pressed version. I have not tried buffing it in with a kabuki or mac 109 but I will try it. When I got a sample from sephora, there was a distinct smell of...cornchips...more like nacho chips. I hate the smell. It goes away immediately after application and my puff doesn't even carry the scent after I'm done. I thought maybe i got a funky contaminated sample...but no. I still get the smell with my brand new product. Honestly, this is enough for me to return it however, the performance is pretty damn great. I've worn this over 4 different foundations and mac PLW concealer. I always have to blot 2-3 hours into my day and this was no exception. but i didn't have to blot after that. Between that and no white cast this is pretty much a keeper.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I ordered the loose version last week. I wanted the ultimate experience and because this is supposed to last all day I went with the jar. so far I like it. No white cast.A little powdery during my application but no white cast to speak of --yet. I use a powder puff to press it in over foundation. I tried using the sonia kashuk duo fibre brush but it seemed to apply too much product. That brush may work better with the pressed version. I have not tried buffing it in with a kabuki or mac 109 but I will try it. When I got a sample from sephora, there was a distinct smell of...cornchips...more like nacho chips. I hate the smell. It goes away immediately after application and my puff doesn't even carry the scent after I'm done. I thought maybe i got a funky contaminated sample...but no. I still get the smell with my brand new product. Honestly, this is enough for me to return it however, the performance is pretty damn great. I've worn this over 4 different foundations and mac PLW concealer. I always have to blot 2-3 hours into my day and this was no exception. but i didn't have to blot after that. Between that and no white cast this is pretty much a keeper.
Exactly! Good to know I'm not the only one noticing that.
girlhaha.gif

miss o

I've been rather frustrated trying to upload pic of
5c998323_PicsArt_1361565177571.jpeg
myself.I went to a v.popular make up shopSpace n.k y.I saw lots of thing's.I bought the Nars Primer, Matt finish foundation in 2Light&the loose light powder, Laura Mecrcier lip liner&red lipstick&shehura eyeshadow in v.dark blue.I was v.disappointed with the sales staff on Tottenham court rd.London.I would have walked out had it not been a delightful treat to know I was getting loose powder.Nars light reflecting It is amazing.I love it.I now want to bear my soul.I seem to be perspiring from my top lip.I am wearing primer in oil free pro prime.I am very embarrassed.Any body help with cause?I spent a lot of money the staff were asleep in there attitude ,I was disgusted. Thanks.Miss O

MaitaiFluff

I've been rather frustrated trying to upload pic of
5c998323_PicsArt_1361565177571.jpeg
myself.I went to a v.popular make up shopSpace n.k y.I saw lots of thing's.I bought the Nars Primer, Matt finish foundation in 2Light&the loose light powder, Laura Mecrcier lip liner&red lipstick&shehura eyeshadow in v.dark blue.I was v.disappointed with the sales staff on Tottenham court rd.London.I would have walked out had it not been a delightful treat to know I was getting loose powder.Nars light reflecting It is amazing.I love it.I now want to bear my soul.I seem to be perspiring from my top lip.I am wearing primer in oil free pro prime.I am very embarrassed.Any body help with cause?I spent a lot of money the staff were asleep in there attitude ,I was disgusted. Thanks.Miss O
That is a very nice haul and a very lovely picture. In regards to the perspiring problem, I would probably suggest just carrying tissue or blotting paper. I know someone who had the same issue. I think it's just one of those things that you can't make go away, you can just try to minimise its appearance and keep it in check. Sorry I'm not too helpful there. :)

MaitaiFluff

Maybe the primer is causing this effect? Otherwise I know Boots sell a product called 'Odaban' that works apparently for excess sweating anywhere, including the face, worth a try!
I should have my mum pick that up before she comes over to visit from the UK.

Latest posts