NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

miss o

I would like to thank u.There are some really lovely people on this site.I didn't use primer today.It was better.I do know that body shop used to do powder books.Really sweet Discontinued.I think also I need a lip wax.I am blonde&have them every three month s or so.I like Photo finish primer by smashbox.This is lighter.Best Wishes.Miss O.x

Medgal07

Miss O, so sorry you had a lousy CS experience but I'm glad you didn't allow it to effect your amazing haul! Enjoy! You're very pretty & the red lippy look so awesome.
pretty.gif

It is amazing.I love it.I now want to bear my soul.I seem to be perspiring from my top lip.I am wearing primer in oil free pro prime.I am very embarrassed.Any body help with cause?I spent a lot of money the staff were asleep in there attitude ,I was disgusted. Thanks.Miss O

cr8zy4MAC

Both the pressed and loose powder are wonderful. Usually I am most fond of loose powders, but with this one, I would get the pressed powder version. Since it has such a very soft and sheer coverage, i don't have the usual concerns about it building up too much around my oh-so-quickly aging face!

I work at a Sephora in Michigan. We can barely keep it in stock. The pressed version goes the fastest.

MissTT

I picked up the last loose powder at Sephora yesterday. After all the horror stories about how nasty Sephora is I didn't even attempt to try it on my face. LOL. Unfortunately, I washed all of my brushes tonight and then decided I wanted to actually try the powder on. Wahhhhh!!! All my face brushes were wet. Excited to try it out tomorrow. I wonder if I should have gotten the pressed instead of the loose? After traveling this weekend I can see where that would be a bit more handy.

Medgal07

LOL. Perhaps this NARS 'How to' video can help:

http://www.narscosmetics.com/the-latest/how-to-films/from-radiant-creamy-concealer-collection/radiant-creamy-concealer-how-to/default.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=US&utm_campaign=concealer_howto_030413&hq_e=el&hq_m=1696262&hq_l=9&hq_v=15f69e97fb

no flash

flash photos
icon_eek.gif

loose version applied (apparently to heavily) with a cosmetic puff

califabulous

LOL. Perhaps this NARS 'How to' video can help:

http://www.narscosmetics.com/the-latest/how-to-films/from-radiant-creamy-concealer-collection/radiant-creamy-concealer-how-to/default.aspx?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=US&utm_campaign=concealer_howto_030413&hq_e=el&hq_m=1696262&hq_l=9&hq_v=15f69e97fb
so..now i want that concealer! lol oh yea and the how to with the powder was helpful lol. i have to figure out which brush will work most like the one used in the video. thx!

MissTT

Uh oh... I suspect I look like califab today. Ashen about the face. I'm wearing the loose powder today with LM Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer. As soon as I powdered (I used the 187 brush - my kabuki is still drying from last night's wash) I could see my skin go white. However, just took a cell phone flash pic and I look shiny. Perhaps that's the radiance some folks speak of. As an oily skin girl it makes me nervous. I will try again tomorrow over foundation. The Tinted Moisturizer is new and I don't really know how it performs on my skin. I shouldn't have tried 2 new products at once, but it's so hard to resist.
Will be watching and learning from the video.

MaitaiFluff

I had to check out this video now. Oh that Botan brush is quite spendy. I only got it last fall because I work in retail (and we had an extra discount day). The brush was kind of awkward at first for me to get used, but now I like that way it feels and gets just the right amount of powder on and blends out any extra. I would say it's most similar to a kabuki brush. It's just a really fat one.

MaryJane

I'm not loving this applied over just foundation. No matter how little I apply (and I have a very light hand), it looks too white on my face (even though it's supposed to be translucent). I do like it applied over my Hourglass Ambient lighting powder though. Still haven't decided if it's worth keeping.

califabulous

I'm not loving this applied over just foundation. No matter how little I apply (and I have a very light hand), it looks too white on my face (even though it's supposed to be translucent). I do like it applied over my Hourglass Ambient lighting powder though. Still haven't decided if it's worth keeping.
which hourglass powder did you get?

well i used the powder again but this time with the elf powder brush -light placement and buff out- i didn't see any white cast but I also didn't have any foundation on. I'm going to try my ecotools bronzer brush as soon as I wash it lol

sss215

I had to check out this video now. Oh that Botan brush is quite spendy. I only got it last fall because I work in retail (and we had an extra discount day). The brush was kind of awkward at first for me to get used, but now I like that way it feels and gets just the right amount of powder on and blends out any extra. I would say it's most similar to a kabuki brush. It's just a really fat one.
I had Botan and it went back. No matter how much I washed and conditioned it stayed scratchy. I was a little sad cause it was so big and that made for quick application
Which color of the Ambient? I tried the Nars powder to set my concealer and I must say, it did the job pretty well. However, there was a faint white cast, but after a spray of fix plus, I was good (NW45 for color reference) I am going to see how it holds up during the day. So far so good. I may also just set my concealer with it then apply a brown powder on top to neutralize the faint white sheen. I don't think I'll apply this to my whole face after foundation.

MissTT

Sigh... so far

I can't say I look any better than when I use my Ben Nye loose powders. The NARS is soft and finely milled, but it certainly doesn't blur any lines. I feel like most powders give a soft focus look so this hasn't been exceptional. As usual with a WHITE translucent powder it does whiten my face. It seems to be slightly better than the MUFE HD powder and less whitening than that. My MUFE kabuki brush did make for a nice application with this product so I look better than yesterday. I wore tinted moisturizer again today though so I've yet to see the powder on it's own or with my foundation. I'll have to report back in a few weeks.
I will say this is a nice powder to set my undereye concealer due to it's fineness. Probably better than my Ben Nye banana powder. Zero creasing so far.

sss215

Sigh... so far  I can't say I look any better than when I use my Ben Nye loose powders. The NARS is soft and finely milled, but it certainly doesn't blur any lines. I feel like most powders give a soft focus look so this hasn't been exceptional. As usual with a WHITE translucent powder it does whiten my face. It seems to be slightly better than the MUFE HD powder and less whitening than that. My MUFE kabuki brush did make for a nice application with this product so I look better than yesterday. I wore tinted moisturizer again today though so I've yet to see the powder on it's own or with my foundation. I'll have to report back in a few weeks. I will say this is a nice powder to set my undereye concealer due to it's fineness. Probably better than my Ben Nye banana powder. Zero creasing so far.
Yeah basically this!

looovemac

I like it.. on my very oily skin it lasts few hours before I need to blot. I tried it yesterday with hourglass liquid to powder foundation, all i needed to blot was once!! It worked better then my usual Guerlain Lingerie De Peau.. where I needed to blot twice so far today. I will try it with my other foundations and update the post.

Medgal07

Uh oh... I suspect I look like califab today. Ashen about the face. I'm wearing the loose powder today with LM Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer. As soon as I powdered (I used the 187 brush - my kabuki is still drying from last night's wash) I could see my skin go white. However, just took a cell phone flash pic and I look shiny. Perhaps that's the radiance some folks speak of. As an oily skin girl it makes me nervous. I will try again tomorrow over foundation. The Tinted Moisturizer is new and I don't really know how it performs on my skin. I shouldn't have tried 2 new products at once, but it's so hard to resist.
Will be watching and learning from the video.
Miss TT I have found that the powder performs better over foundation. I had different results when I tried it over Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, MAC's Face & Body and MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation. Hands down, it performed best over the Studio Sculpt. I didn't have to reapply it in 12+ hours. If you're getting an ashen look --- don't pass go & don't collect $200--you've applied too much and you're using the wrong brush. I hope the video helps. You're way too pretty to be walking around looking like CC's friend Ashy Larry.
girlhaha.gif

MaryJane

Decided this is getting returned to Sephora. Tried different brushes and it doesn't seem to make a difference. There is no way I am applying too much either. Let's face it - not every product works for everyone and this is one that doesn't work for me.