NARS Matte Multiples

elegant-one

If anyone has tried Siam on their cheeks, does it stain much? The Nars site said that it could and Christina's review mentioned that it stained more than she thought it would.
No, it didn't stain my cheeks, but it did when I tried it on my eyelids. As far as the cheeks, that would help for staying power but mine came right off with makeup remover/washing. No big deal. It stays amazingly on the lips even through eating but comes right off with cleanser.

erine1881

No, it didn't stain my cheeks, but it did when I tried it on my eyelids. As far as the cheeks, that would help for staying power but mine came right off with makeup remover/washing. No big deal. It stays amazingly on the lips even through eating but comes right off with cleanser.
Yeah these aren't to be used on the eyes like the regular multiples are. That's probably why.

cindypltnm81

My order finally shipped this morning. I wish I would have had time to just stop by Sephora to swatch these babies myself. Because the lack of (minimum) swatches is killing me. lol I'll just patiently wait for mine to arrive.

MaryJane

Elegant, the MA used one of the regular Multiples in the video. I think it was copacabana. The regular multiples can be used on the eyes, the mattes can't (at least not according to the box)

MaryJane

My mistake, in the video I saw she used Exumas on the lips with one of the darker colors on the cheeks to contour. In the Nars videos, I haven't seen any mattes used on the eye.

KrystalAnne

Yes! A fellow runner. It does become part of your lifestyle. When I first started running, I thought I would die & now I can't go a day without it. I have so much energy now too. I would wait until your knee feels better so you don't hurt it more. Aww, you have a little boy...so sweet
love.gif
I wish we lived close so that we could run together ;)

I may pick up the lighter pink Anguilla. Its a yellow warm pink & is pretty. Laos is really pretty. Its a beautiful rose & then Siam is a pink coral & its beautiful on.
It's amazing how much energy you get when you're active! I came home from work last night, tired and just ready to relax but I took a run because my knee was feeling better and I was instantly energized! I wish people that don't feel like they have the time for it or just don't want to get up and do it would, because they really would benefit from it!

Yes, he's 9 months now and a big baby!

That would be fun! Too bad we're on opposite ends of the country (I think we are.)

I'm glad to hear these are permanent. I want to check them out in person. But I think I will pick up Laos, Siam, &Anguilla.

elegant-one

It's amazing how much energy you get when you're active! I came home from work last night, tired and just ready to relax but I took a run because my knee was feeling better and I was instantly energized! I wish people that don't feel like they have the time for it or just don't want to get up and do it would, because they really would benefit from it!

Yes, he's 9 months now and a big baby!

That would be fun! Too bad we're on opposite ends of the country (I think we are.)

I'm glad to hear these are permanent. I want to check them out in person. But I think I will pick up Laos, Siam, &Anguilla.
I loved reading this post so much!
th_happy1.gif
It is exactly how I feel. Nothing stops me from exercising/running. I have so much energy its crazy. It helps physically & mentally I think. I'm happy to read that your knee is better. Yep, we are on opposite ends geographically :(

Little boys are so awesome to have
love.gif
even though they have a tendency to break things
amuse.gif

You wear those shades so well, so all 3 will be lovely on you pretty lady!

MaryJane

Siam is a beautiful color but I just couldn't get it to work for me so back to Sephora it went. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it sheer enough - I looked like Raggedy Anne!

I tried wetting my fingers first then putting it on and it still wasn't light enough (I have a very light touch too). I also experienced some staining too. It seemed the more I tried to sheer it out, the splotchier it got. It was just too high maintenace for me.

Might sound crazy but this might be too pigmented!

cindypltnm81

Siam is a beautiful color but I just couldn't get it to work for me so back to Sephora it went. No matter what I did, I couldn't get it sheer enough - I looked like Raggedy Anne! I tried wetting my fingers first then putting it on and it still wasn't light enough (I have a very light touch too). I also experienced some staining too. It seemed the more I tried to sheer it out, the splotchier it got. It was just too high maintenace for me. Might sound crazy but this might be too pigmented!
I've read out of them all, Siam stained the most. That's probably due to the concentrated color being that pigmented. Looking at some online swatches, it seems impossible for that one to be sheer down. Did you get any of the others?

elegant-one

I didn't have any problems sheering it out with a bit of water.
ssad.gif
My makeup remover took it right off without any staining.

MaryJane

CIndy, I also have Exumas, which I love, and Anguila, which I haven't tried yet. As far as staining, it could be how the product (pigment) reacts with a person's skin. Siam wasn't for me but I've found 2 that are so I have no complaints.

User38

I have decided not to buy these at all.. I don't like the stick version which if it's as I imagine, will dry up in the tube just like a paint pot. I may be totally wrong. I don't need this type of product and prefer to stick to my creamier blushes.