NARS Summer 2011

BeautyByLele

EngineerBarbie - Thank you for posting pics. I'm loving the eyeshadow trio!! Ive been saying I wanted that trio, so I gotta rearrange my makeup wishlist & add this to the top

honybr

Great pics EngineerBarbie! Great tutorial Lou!

I wore my trio yesterday for Mother's Day and received a lot of compliments. It seems to be a universally flattering palette.

Janice

Okay ladies, the colours were so gorgeous I didn't want to pass on it... but after doing a few different looks I am not feeling the trio. I think it's just me and my comfort level with blue because my husband totally loves the looks I've done with it so far. I'm going to give it some more time and try a few more looks before I make a final decision on keeping it.

User38

wavey.gif

to all the Specktra Nars ladies.. I missed you all but I am back to create mayhem and obfuscation.. lol.

I agree with all the reviews on the Nars eye primer.. I think it's the best on the market to date.. At least on my eyelids it really does the job and doesn't give me crinkle lids. ha.

The face (oil free) primer is also excellent and I use both.

Shontay.. sorry you lost your Mayflower -- it is a gorgeous colour and I am thinking of getting a new one since I have been using it a lot recently.

Janice.. I hear ya.. I have an brain block for deeper blues/teals/greens for me personally -- well dunno now, I have brown hair really short so I might give them a go again!

Good to be back ladies.

WhatWouldJoanDo

Since you are not so comfortable with the blue yet, you may want to try wearing it more shear or just as an accent liner colour. I know for myself once it gets hotter and more into the summer I am more comfortable/enjoy playing with bright shimmery looks.
Okay ladies, the colours were so gorgeous I didn't want to pass on it... but after doing a few different looks I am not feeling the trio. I think it's just me and my comfort level with blue because my husband totally loves the looks I've done with it so far. I'm going to give it some more time and try a few more looks before I make a final decision on keeping it.

shontay07108

[quote name="Janice" url="/forum/thread/173694/nars-summer-2011/480#post_2117563"] Okay ladies, the colours were so gorgeous I didn't want to pass on it... but after doing a few different looks I am not feeling the trio. I think it's just me and my comfort level with blue because my husband totally loves the looks I've done with it so far. I'm going to give it some more time and try a few more looks before I make a final decision on keeping it.
[/quote] Have you tried pairing it with darker colors? Maybe you can throw a bronze or a green in there? I think that would help tone down the blue a little bit. I am glad to say I have killed any urge to buy this trio. I have more than enough shadows, especially in that color family. [quote name="HerGreyness" url="/forum/thread/173694/nars-summer-2011/480#post_2117580"]
wavey.gif

to all the Specktra Nars ladies.. I missed you all but I am back to create mayhem and obfuscation.. lol.

I agree with all the reviews on the Nars eye primer.. I think it's the best on the market to date.. At least on my eyelids it really does the job and doesn't give me crinkle lids. ha.

The face (oil free) primer is also excellent and I use both.

Shontay.. sorry you lost your Mayflower -- it is a gorgeous colour and I am thinking of getting a new one since I have been using it a lot recently.

Janice.. I hear ya.. I have an brain block for deeper blues/teals/greens for me personally -- well dunno now, I have brown hair really short so I might give them a go again!

Good to be back ladies.
[/quote] Hi, HerGreyness! I am such a moron because I actually found my Mayflower! Thank goodness because I went to Sephora this evening and almost bought a replacement. Where was it you ask? In the pouch that Nars sent it in! :lmao: I put Mayflower and the multiple sample in the Nars pouch that came with my order and put it in the drawer with all my other make up. I never bothered to check the pouch because it was laying under my 5 Mac shadow palettes. :eek:hboy: I felt really dumb, but at least I have my lipstick. I'm wearing it tomorrow. :)

LMD84

aw that is a shame. i bet that the minty green colour with poerhaps club from mac in the crease would be super pretty on you :) and listen to your hubby! perhaps he is talking sense! :)but yes teaming it with a more neutral colour is much more wearable - i just like the full on bright in your face look!

nunu

I need to decrease my list for this collection! I saw it in the counter last thursday. I have Dogon, mayflower, carthage and the cap ferrat in my list!

BeautyByLele

Just get back from Sephora (inside JCP) to check this collection out. I wanted to check out Cap Ferrat but the SA said they hadnt got it in yet . Also in the tester they had Calanque Trio although it said Cap Ferrat so that confused me. Cuz after I left the store I remember seeing the name Cap Ferrat on the boxes. So maybe they just hadnt got the tester in yet but had the trio. I guess I will be going back to Sephora tommorow to buy Cap Ferrat.

I love Wonder lipgloss, I tried the tester on cuz usually I dont test lip products but I wanted to make sure it didnt pull to red. On me it pulled orange goodness love it !!!!!!!! I didnt pick it up yet but I will later on this month (cuz this is perm. . . I have a lil time)

Also I swatched New Order highlighter, yes it is a very very pretty color but it has too much glitter for me so it was an easy pass.

DILLIGAF

I went to the NARS counter in Nordstroms to get a pump for my foundation( they didnt have it btw) and ended up walking out with Wonder lipgloss. By its self its a lovely sheer but noticable orange on me. I was thinking about using this with MUFE Rouge Intense Lipstick in #40.

HOTasFCUK

I swatched New Order blush tonight and i can't believe the amount of fine glitter in it!!! I thought i could buff it away but no chance. It so pretty but even too much glitter for me. Acckkk i still think i'm getting it though LOL

Ingenue

Thanks LMD!
heart.gif

I really love that lipstick. And it wore ALL DAY! Even when it faded... the color faded even so it didn't look bad at all. I freshened it up with a bit of gloss and it came right back! It's a good color. And there's NO staining. Bonus!

shontay07108

Yeah, I posted about finding it under all my Mac shadow palettes in the pouch that Nars sent it in. :lol: Thankfully, it's a permanent lipstick. :clap:

Monsy

thank god! i would buy back up right away. i love the color, kind of MLBB and i love that is so moisturizing, almost glossy.