NEED weight loss motivation!!!!!

Piarpreet

I feel u i have an eating disorder, which is genetic so... no meds :( thyroid has medication. My grandma has hypothyrodism and she lost weight after taking those, even without a diet.

oh no honey i dont only have to lose 20,i need to lose at least 80 but that is not going to happen in 10 weeks so i set my goal at 20.my sister does weight watchers and she has been losing weight,but i have a thyroid problem which makes it super difficult to lose weight even with dieting and exercise.ughhh

Piarpreet

Yesterday i did cardio for 60 mins and i was watching somewthing on my iphone (netflix sucks btw horrible movies yuck)

Just add a few minutes of cardio each time and you will see you can do it. It helps to watch tv, especially if they do like marathon runs of ANTM or Millionaire's Matchmaker.

baghdad81

Not to revive an old thread, but I had decided to lose 14 kgs as my new year's resolution. I was recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis at age 24 and losing weight and leading a healthy, exercise-filled lifestyle will improve my chances of overcoming the obstacles associated with joint pain. Jan 5th, 2012: 69 kgs March 7th, 2012: 64 kgs. I am losing motivation a little but I am on the right track. I am using LoseIt (an app on my ipod) as a food journal kind of deal to calorie-monitor and doing cardio as well. Anyone else trying to lose weight out there and be more healthy?

Piarpreet

I had lose it... and kinda hate it lol. I lost weight since jan
jan: 100 kg
Mar: 93 kg

but still....slow....

baghdad81

good for you! I hate it too but I force myself to log so that I can see when I am overeating lol!

romi79_2008

Any lost pound is good! and 7 kg in 2 months is really good. plus the slower they go, less chances they come back, i think :) Are you still on track?
I`m struggling too. I topped at 103-105 kg with both my pregnancies, lost the weight till 77kg but then i gave up breastfeeding and gained almost 10 ks. Now i`m at 84 kg and really want to loose 10 because i want too look good in my jeans.
The good thing is that i don`t really show them, nobody guesses i have so many but i don`t feel good weighing that much, i`m a size 12 i want to get to 8. I`m going for portion control and mostly low carb. The bad news is that i `m going up -down 2-3 kg and that`s about it :(
my motivation? i want to feel good about myself when i put nice cloths on. I never was a skinny girl, i have big bones and everything else is big lol ( 40Ddd and a backside that needs a 12, sometimes 14 pants) and i really don`t care about the nr but i do care about a flat stomach and the way cloths look on

baghdad81

I was busy last month so I think I gained 1 kg. But other than that still watching my calories and trying to fit exercise in! I also just want a flat stomach and for clothes to fit well!!

romi79_2008

Last 4 weeks i lost 3,5 kg/7lbs (82.5) and i`m trying so hard, each year it`s slower and slower. By the end of the summer I wish to be 8 kg thinner. I keep tell myself i can`t lose the weight I cumulated in a few yrs in 1 month that I need to keep going and it will come off, but is so hard. After my first pregnancy i lost 50 lbs in 4 month doing almost nothing, it just melted, but i was 26 , 6 year later i have to fight for every 100 grams, I don`t even want to think about how will with be in 10 yrs so NOW is the best time to lose the weight! How is your fight going?

baghdad81

Last 4 weeks i lost 3,5 kg/7lbs (82.5) and i`m trying so hard, each year it`s slower and slower. By the end of the summer I wish to be 8 kg thinner. I keep tell myself i can`t lose the weight I cumulated in  a few yrs in 1 month that I need to keep going  and it will come off, but is so hard. After my first pregnancy i lost 50 lbs in 4 month doing almost nothing, it just melted, but i was 26 , 6 year later i have to fight for every 100 grams, I don`t even want to think about how will with be in 10 yrs so NOW is the best time to lose the weight!  How is your fight going?
Well that's awesome!!! that's almost 1 kg a week!! Hats off to you! I started going to the gym these past two weeks about 4 times a week. I try to get on for about 30 min of cardio. I lost another kg (or so my scale says on good days) and am still limiting my calorie intake but I have a cheat day (or sometimes days) where I eat junk! I am now 62 - 62.5 kgs (down from 69 kgs on January 3rd, 2012). So all in all I lost 7 kgs!!

romi79_2008

^ Thanks! You did a good job, I know it`s getting harder the closer you get to your goal!
Somehow even though I`m aware I lost a decent amount for a month, I still feel like I should have lost more, my expectations are higher and I don`t know if that`s the best thing. I know my body does the best with what it has, and it`s a perfect machine on its own, but sometimes we set the bar so high that there is no option other than fail, and than we are disappointed.
My plan for april is to lose 4 kg, i lost 1, 5 and we have the Easter and my daughter birthday this weekend with tons of food and family gatherings, and than I`m down to less than 2 weeeks to lose the rest of the weight if I`m not gaining nothing the following days ( that will be hard because i ate so little last month). That`s it i`m not gonna ruin my holidays thinking about diet `i willl enjoy my family, eat in moderation and pick up the pieces starting next tuesday again.

romi79_2008

I`m 81kg, started April at 84, so 3kg (6 lbs lost). I was aiming to be 80 by now but I was sidetracked by the holidays when i gained 2 kg in 4 days ( no breads or sweets, but heavier courses) so I actually lost 5, but still.
Any tricks? can I lose 5 kg till May 25? I have a bet going on :))) I can`t give up my coffee with raw sugar and fresh eco milk, i have no idea how many calories that has and I`m good with it. I have 2 meals and a snack besides the coffee, every day. My meals are reduced and most of them are some kind of proteins (cheese, beans, meat or poultry) with GLI vegetables.
ex Yesterday I had a coffee, a medium tomato, half pepper with cheese, I snacked with a glass of homemade yogurt and late afternoon I had some grilled steak (plain, cause i was busy). And I haven`t lost any grams, so frustrating

NessaMBaby

@piapreet. What kind of diet are you doing now to shred the lbs? Are you more motivated now ? Also,sorry to hear about your joint condition Baghdad. I recently got into a scare as well,I've had high bp since I was pg last yr along with other complications & ,was on strict bed rest and now gained so much weight on top of that. It seems almost impossible to excersize with my baby now. And Im finally going to start to give my baby formula and reg milk soon,but I'm scared for my health as Ive been having so many symptoms for a heart attack and I want to lose weight,but idk I just dnt know how now. I too feel so unattractive doesn't matter the make up,I dnt even like to go shopping for clothes now because I hate the way everything fits ,I just dnt feel the same anymore.

romi79_2008

I`ve tried so many diets and if you can keep them all can help you lose some weight. BUT i find it`s more important to be healthy. And i read tons of article saying that menu aside all diets say eat less and their conclusion is that you need to reduce the amount of calories you consume, all mathematics, you need let`s say 2000 cal to maintain your weight, eat half to lose weight.
For me that`s not enough, so I chose to do some changes.
I gave up soda completely and I really don1`t miss it. It was hard in the beginning but u don`t need it in your life.(the best thing my kids gave it up too, we have a bottle in the house, it`s 2 weeks old now, nobody wants it, your diet habits affects the rest of the family too)
Eat less prepacked food, cook yours from the scratch, healthier, tastier and less calories
Eat more raw food. Your body consume more calories to digest an orange than an orange juice and you eat less, you need several oranges to make a glass of juice rather than an orange.
Give up refined sugar and flours, if you really want to include them in your diet , choose whole version, healthier for everyone.
Snack healthy: a few nuts, yogurt, fruit, vegetables.
I gave up deli ( they are really bad for health)
drink green tea, is full of antioxidants and it cuts down the appetite and the need for sweets, it really works
google is such a good friend, always has tons of healthy, low calories, fun recipes.
Keep healthy food handy and don`t starve yourself, you`ll be less tempted to give up
Bottom line: u need lots of ambition, determination and support. You probably already knew all I wrote here, but is hard sometimes to keep up to them, so take your time, you need it to lose weight, it`s not an overnight change.

NessaMBaby

I`ve tried so many diets and if you can keep them all can help you lose some weight. BUT i find it`s more important to be healthy. And i read tons of article saying that menu aside all diets say eat less and their conclusion is that you need to reduce the amount of calories you consume, all mathematics, you need let`s say 2000 cal to maintain your weight, eat half to lose weight.
For me that`s not enough, so I chose to do some changes.
I gave up soda completely and I really don1`t miss it. It was hard in the beginning but u don`t need it in your life.(the best thing my kids gave it up too, we have a bottle in the house, it`s 2 weeks old now, nobody wants it, your diet habits affects the rest of the family too)
Eat less prepacked food, cook yours from the scratch, healthier, tastier and less calories
Eat more raw food. Your body consume more calories to digest an orange than an orange juice and you eat less, you need several oranges to make a glass of juice rather than an orange.
Give up refined sugar and flours, if you really want to include them in your diet , choose whole version, healthier for everyone.
Snack healthy: a few nuts, yogurt, fruit, vegetables.
I gave up deli ( they are really bad for health)
drink green tea, is full of antioxidants and it cuts down the appetite and the need for sweets, it really works
google is such a good friend, always has tons of healthy, low calories, fun recipes.
Keep healthy food handy and don`t starve yourself, you`ll be less tempted to give up
Bottom line: u need lots of ambition, determination and support. You probably already knew all I wrote here, but is hard sometimes to keep up to them, so take your time, you need it to lose weight, it`s not an overnight change.
thanks for the tips. I'm slowly giving up soda. But now cutting out eating junk/processed foods. But I can't just eat half of 2000 idk ,I just don't get full and have a hard time sleeping,maybe my body will get use to it after a while? Do you still have dairy in your diet ? I really want to get my bp down. I just want to be healthy enough to be there for my daughter. She's my motivation.

romi79_2008

I`m not saying eat only 1000 cal, it was just an example for maths reasons.
Since i gave up most of the junkfood I don`t crave it anymore ( first 2 weeks were really hard, mid march). I`m used from before not to eat after 6, so that`s not a problem for me. My problem hours are in the afternoon. I drink a green tea wait half an hour and if I`m still craving I choose a healthy snack that is more filling.
At this point I love to much dairy products to give them up. I`m eating organic and ecologic dairy products (meaning fresh milked, or right when they come from the mountain for feta and ricotta) , not much but I prefer them this way than the extra processed fat free products.
Look for great recipes online that use lean cuts and veggies and still hold appeal to you. You must enjoy it and be healthy too. Choose chicken or turkey breast instead of drums or wings, use spices to make them interesting.
Another thing that works really well is portion control. Stop before feeling full, do something to keep you busy for a while and you`ll see you`ll feel full without eating the rest. A journal where you write waht you eat may help, you`ll see what works or doesn`t.
I don`t count calories. But every time I eat I try to eat less carbs and look for low glycemic veggies. Look on internet what a regular portion means and try to eat the same or a little less so you can lose the weight. Most of us eat more than we need.
And if you give up one day, that`s ok, just go back to eat healthy the next day and the following day, one baby step at the time.
and one interesting stuff i read and i find it good to know: don`t eat food that doesn`t go bad ( or goes bad in a 1or2 years, definitely not healthy) ex I have my milk delivered every second day, freshly milked, it goes bad in 3 days even if refrigerated. So how can they claim in stores, especially the UHT milk that`s 100% natural and it won`t go bad a year even if it`s not refrigerated?

Very important, ask for support from family and close friends, meaning they shouldn`t eat "bad" food in front of you or tempt you with it! It really helps. I lost 15 lbs since mid march ( but you can only see 11 on my scale I had a setback with the holidays) mostly following these general things. I wish i can speed it but it`s not working that way :))

romi79_2008

It`s not fair that gaining is so easy and losing such a pain in the a.. don`t give up, you`ll be so proud when you`ll succeed.

romi79_2008

"Weight loss occurs when an individual is in a state of negative thermodynamic flux: when the body is exerting more energy (i.e. in work and metabolism) than it is consuming (i.e. from food or other nutritional supplements), it will use stored reserves from fat or muscle, gradually leading to weight loss.
...the long term benefits of calorie restriction are many. After reaching the desired body weight, the amount of calories consumed per day may be increased gradually, without exceeding 2,000 net (i.e. derived by subtracting calories burned by physical activity from calories consumed). Combined with increased physical activity, low-calorie diets are thought to be most effective long term, unlike crash diets which can achieve short term results, at best. Physical activity could greatly enhance the efficiency of a diet. The healthiest weight loss regimen, therefore, is one that consists of a balanced diet and moderate physical activity."

shadowaddict

I'll be 50 in Sept and have been off and on diets since my teens. I was not an overweight child, pretty much avg and athletic. It's unreal all I have put my body through all in the name of being "healthy" although body image has always been a problem for me.

I'm not quite 5'2" and so the pounds show quickly. I gianed a bunch with my first child but lost it rather quickly and then some. But all in the span of 6 months I was also going through a divorce, my only grandmother passed away and then my father passed away. The stress was too much and I dropped to 90lbs. It was so unhealthy but I didn't see it. It took my mom and brother to keep telling me I looked like I was a cancer patient. I guess I had an angel that snapped me back to eating more than nibbles. I smoked and lived on that and caffine.

I gained about 10-15 lbs and stayed that way till my 2nd pregnancy and got quite large again. It was very slow coming off and still could not get back near where I was. My weight has been up and down so many times. But for the last 10-12 years it has been a battle. Two yrs ago I lost 50lbs but when a family crisis hit I turned to food again and gained it all back.

This past fall I decided I was going to start eating healthy and not focus so much on the number on the scale. This is very hard for me as I use it as motivation. But I don't get mad at myself when I'm a lb or 2, especially if I know I had a lot of sodium the day before. I wanted to start my eating plan before the holidays because otherwise I'd eat my way through them.

Carbs are my worst enemy. I am an addict of potatoes and pizza. I have no control so I have just stayed away completely. It was so hard at first but now I don't miss them. I am a firm believer that carbs are addictive and the more you eat the more you want.

I have lost over 40 lbs since fall. I still enjoy mexican once a week, sometimes twice. For 20 yrs or so my hubby and I go every Sat to our fav mexican place for lunch. So I won't give that up but I do eat less now. I have become an apple addict now. I have to have each night along with some raw natural almonds. I make a fruity caffine-free tea from yummy loose tea and this helps me not snack late at night. I llike it really hot and then put a couple of frozen strwberries in it. I also find chewing sugar free cinnamon gum at night helps also.

It's been slower coming off this time but I'm okay with that since I don't feel deprived and I am seeing results. I do however need to exercise more. I'm going through some really tough family issues right now and having a bit of a hard time as I get the munchies because that's how my body has reacted to stress in the past by shoving food in my mouth. I know it's very helpful to write down what you eat and when each day but I'm not as good at that as I once was. I used fitday.com a few years ago and I know there are a ton of free sites now to log that and it keeps up with your goal and progress and even makes a pie chart of your daily fat, carbs, protein, calories and such.

Anyway, sorry I've written a book here. I have to say though typing it out helped me see things a bit better and to be aware of what will happen if I don't stay on top of it when I get slammed with stress.

Good luck to everyone and now that I've found this thread I'll hop on here for tips that you guys have found that work for you.

Latest posts