NEED weight loss motivation!!!!!

romi79_2008

I think eating healthy and being healthy in general, should be the main goal. I know what are you saying about carbs though it might not be fair to them. I just separate them by the glycemic index mostly. While I do my best to stay away from all white flour and sweetened cereals, I eat them on special occasion and once in a while sweet corn. Though many diets say don`t eat carrots because of high GI I ignore them because I think they are healthier than gelatin made with artificial sweetner . Same with tomatoes. I rather eat veggies than artificial made diet products.
True sad fact, whenever I eat flour made meals I gain weight. So easily it`s painful to watch the scale. My dream would be to reach a decent weight and stay there.
I dislike sports made with only purpose to lose weight. While I have nothing against physical activity, I want to enjoy it, be fun so I can stick to it, rather than just run on a treadmill to lose 200 cal. I recently discovered BeFIt channel on youtube and I like fooling around with my kids trying to copy their dancing moves. They come up with new fun routines every day, they keep them short and interesting.
Today i`m having fresh cow cheese with yogurt and cinnamon and spinach with garlic and broiled chicken legs

cutemiauw

Sending you guys lots of positive vibes on your weight loss journey
cheerleader.gif

rubytitania

I went from 80/81kg to 59/60kg between June and November last year, but I fell off the wagon and have been bouncing between 59 and 61kg since then. I only want to get down to about 56 but I'm finding the last few pounds really tough to shift! I don't find it too hard to eat healthily but I do struggle to keep off the booze... My work is VERY stressful at the moment so I'm drinking and comfort-eating far too much. I don't know what motivated me to lose the weight really. I'd been overweight for so long and hated it, but something finally just snapped. I also started doing Zumba which I love!, Good luck to everyone with their weight loss xxx

romi79_2008

Tough weekend. I started last week at 81 went to 79.9 by wednesday morning, i ate some beans with salad gained a little and then saturday afternoon had grilled meat with salad and cake for my cousin birthday and I got sick. My belly got very swollen, I was weighing 83 ( like in 2 days gained 3 kg) I was vomiting, diarhea for almost 2 days, slept for 2 nights and a day, with breaks when getting sick bad. Horrible! I`m getting better, I only had 2 slices of bread toasted and 2 apples since I got sick(2 days) and back to 81

romi79_2008

I`m cheering myself lol . Is everyone thin already? I`m 78.5 kg-173 lbs. I found eating less is working better than anything else, duh
I lost 17 lbs since mid march, go me :D

baghdad81

Hi romi!! I recently took time off work and gained (I think---my clothes don't fit the same anymore). I haven't weighed myself in three weeks and am so scared that I have gone back to 65 from the 61-62 I was! I am trying to cut back now....I hope I didn't eat too much and gain because really...it took me a month and a half to lose these 3 kiloS!

romi79_2008

Pfff gaining weight is painfully easy for me too. But with summer here it seems easier to stay on track, clothes are thinner and they keep you better motivated than winter clothes lol.
My goal for this year is 150 lbs-68 kg, in fact that weight if I could keep it for the rest of my life would make me very happy :)
A trick that always works for me, is to eat less and no carbs in the evenings. I`m sure you could reach your weight only with this change because you`re so close to your target weight

baghdad81

Hi Romi I am back.. I gained 1.5-2 kgs while on vacation :( I am back (or trying to after tasting delicious middle eastern food)....I am going back to my salad and soup regimen with little meat. I just ate cabbage slices for snack and had an apple in the morning. I am currently 62.5 kg but I did gain 0.5 inch on my waist and my tummy. The problem with me is I have always had a tummy (apple-shaped) so even if I am normal-skinny weight-wise (163 cm), I still don't look really good! How is ur journey going?

baghdad81

Update: I just started hitting the gym again. Idid 35 min on the treadmill and a bunch of toning exercises!! I am still at 61.5-62 kgs

baghdad81

So after months of moving and fasting, I finally shed 2 kg to get to 59-60. However, after Ramadan, I am slowly edging back to my weight EVEN though I am not eating a lot!!! so frustrated right now!! I dunno what is up with my body :( I was soo excited when I hit 60 and now the scale shows I am back to 62!

maclovin baby

When I was pregnant with my 1st I was gaining 8 lbs a week toward the end of my pregnancy and I didn't know why until I had my 2nd the dr. Had my thyroid tested and it was 125 when the normal range is .5 -2.0 so it was sky high by that time I had other symptoms like hair loss,mood swings and dry skin.I would strongly suggest you have tests done and I hope you don't have it and wish you the best of luck

bluedevilkitty

I've been using MyFitnessPal to log my food calories and my workouts, and that's really helped me stay on track. Finding workouts I LIKE to do, alternating with workouts I SHOULD do makes me dread working out less too :) That, and having workout/accountability buddies who will keep you on track! It's been kind of hard making the lifestyle changes but in the long run, it'll be better for me than yo-yo dieting. I want to be healthy (and thinner) now and for the rest of my life. I've lost 15 pounds in the past few months. :)

kimbunney

Dieting is too hard for me. If its strict I won't stick to it for a week so I just made some lifestyle changes since May and I've lost 15lbs so far. I don't drink soda or juice. Sometimes I'll drink Crystal light. I go walking/jogging 4-5 times a week for an hour. I make sure I have three meals a day. I started just baking and grilling my foods and adding more veggies! And I drink lots of water throughout the day. And sometimes yes I do eat the "bad" foods but before I would eat one bad thing and the rest of the day I'll eat bad and be like oh I'll start over tomorrow. Or on Friday I'd eat bad and be like oh well I'll start over Monday. What I try to do now is if I know I'm going out to eat dinner with friends or family I'll eat healthy the whole day like usual but I will try to order something healthier but my weakness is fried shrimp love it, so I try to order half the size or add veggies instead of fries. It just helps me not feel guilty or like I'm missing out on something. So far I'm very happy with the results.

writerlilly

Losing weight is difficult, but you simply have to keep at it. Don't expect instant results. You body is not designed to work that way regardless of what all the marketers tell you. If you're losing 2 lbs a week, you're doing well and you're doing it right.

Be careful of what you're eating. Sugar and high fructose corn syrup is in just about every product in the supermarket, most especially sodas. That's where people tend to gain the most weight. You also should drink lots more water.

Whatever your current weight is, you need to drink half the amount in ounces of water. So if you weight 200 lbs, you need to drink 100 ounces of water. Your body is probably dehydrated as well. Those two changes can help a lot.

You might have also hit a plateau in your work out. So you may want to step it up by running. Start with a walk run pace. 2 min run. 2 min walk. It'll be tough and agonizing the first week, but it gets easier as you go along.

smith12

Well, the best inspiration to lose weight is to look at celebs perfect body and imagining yourself in their place. This is the best motivation for hitting the gym and start doing work outs to lose some weight. Many peoples find this tip very useful plus effective.

baghdad81

So updates: I am now comfortably in my 60 kg range. I fluctuate between 59 and 60 (130 - 131 lbs). I have lost 21 lbs total and are only 5 lbs away from my perfect weight. I am exercising a lot and I fit into my dream jeans!! The jeans I had which were tight last December are actually quite baggy now. Lifestyle change all the way: I eat breakfast now, soup or salad for lunch and something healthy for dinner. I don't believe in deprivation and do indulge in the odd cookie or chocolate. In fact my "healthy dinners" are grilled fajitas with a squirt of BBQ sauce, a tortilla, some shredded cheese and veggies. It's a diet I can stick to for most of my life and I am happy. I am working on drinking more water throughout the day and I think that was instrumental in my ability to lose the water weight.