• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

NEW cat eye tutorial. chrome yellow, swimming, blah.

jokers_kick

I didn't get a picture of all the stuff you need for this, so I'll just list it :]

-white cream eyeshadow
-chrome yellow e/s
-any orange eyeshadow(i used a cheap brand, but mac's orange probably would have looked much better)
-swimming e/s
-urban decay polyester bride e/s
-lancome defincils mascara e/s
-lancome chocolat brulee e/s
-revlon colorstay liquid liner(sponge tip)
-max factor liquid liner(brush)

dsc099179gu.jpg

okay start out with a clean face/eye

dsc099195in.jpg

using my finger, I applied the white cream eyeshadow all over my lid

dsc099216ew.jpg

just using a sponge applicator, apply chrome yellow alllll over...it doesn't have to be neat

dsc099230ac.jpg

Then, using a fluffy angled brush, get orange eyeshadow on the tip of it

dsc099257ig.jpg

starting out from the inner corner of your eye lid, sweep the brush up and out into your crease.

dsc099261wy.jpg

it should look like this

dsc099274ig.jpg

this part is optional, but i wanted more of a finished look, so I used my blending brush to clean it up a bit.

dsc099291mm.jpg

now using an angled liner brush, load it with swimming

dsc099302zv.jpg
dab it like that on your lid, I'd have used a pencil brush, but i don't have one so I had to make due haha

dsc099317kh.jpg

using the same brush, just smooth it out a bit

dsc099389ok.jpg

this is what you should have so far. I decided to leave out the eyebrow thing cause i re-did my eyebrows the other day and they look much nicer haha

dsc099435za.jpg

now comes the eyeliner part...the picture isn't that clear, but you can see how im stretching out my lid so the line goes on smoother. I'm using revlons colorstay in this one because its easier to use a sponge with you're doing the actual wing.

dsc099414bq.jpg

what you should have

dsc099448bd.jpg

Then doing the same thing as before, create another line this time extending to the outer edge of your eye, it should look like a 45 degree angle sort of.

dsc099459nl.jpg

Filling it in is the easiest part haha

dsc099469sh.jpg

now using the max factor brush liner, create one thin line across your lash line connecting the inner corner of your eyes to the wing. Don't worry if it gets on your lashes.

dsc099488xi.jpg

I know this is really dark, but you can see the angle which i apply it...and lining smoothly takes a LOT of practice...a lot of people don't get it the first time, so don't feel discouraged if you can't get it at first.

dsc099526dz.jpg

what you should have

dsc099536mg.jpg

now take your fingers and try to get all the eyeliner from off of your lashes, you can also use cotton pads to do this

dsc099544ba.jpg

then take the sponge eyeliner again and create a tiny dot at where you want your inner cat eye to end

dsc099551bz.jpg

create a thin line leading from the end of your eyeliner to the dot like so

dsc099565ww.jpg

then create another line from the dot to your bottom lashes and fill it in. And again, don't get discouraged if you don't get this at first, because I still have trouble with it haha

dsc099573jl.jpg

Then curl your lashes for about ten seconds

dsc099585pr.jpg

apply mascara first to the top of your lashes

dsc099593jp.jpg

and then smooth it out by applying it to the bottom of your top lashes, and your bottom lashes

dsc099602um.jpg

a lot of people don't like doing this, but i do it anyways haha...I curl my lashes for about thirty seconds after I apply the mascara

dsc099619lb.jpg

it makes them stay curled for much longer

dsc099629zw.jpg

now taking the same angled liner brush, load just the tip with swimming again.

dsc099647rj.jpg

and line under your bottom lashes

dsc099658zc.jpg
Then I applied regular black eyeliner to my waterline

dsc099660ig.jpg

and UD's polyester bride to highlight

dsc099687xw.jpg

done!!!

dsc099695ou.jpg

V2LUCKY

I LOVE it! I might have to try this when I get chrome yellow and orange e/s (I know I know, I should have them already) :thumbsup:

aziajs

I always love your tutorials and looks. This is no exemption. I liked it after you applied the first two shadows. You could have stopped there. LOL. You always have such interesting color combinations that I would never think to try. And I haven't seen anything new by you in a while so I'm glad to see you back!

Pimptress

Beautiful! I REALLY like the yellow.. It's chrome yellow? I don't think Yellow would suit my pale skin as it does yours though
ssad.gif

Also, you have amazing pictures. What kind of camera do you use??

dirtygirl

the color combinations here are great, and i think your step-by-little-step pictures are great. not to mention, i love the look! i'd love to see a full-on face shot to get a real idea of the total effect.

thanks!!

<3
dG

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
Beautiful! I REALLY like the yellow.. It's chrome yellow? I don't think Yellow would suit my pale skin as it does yours though
ssad.gif

thanks :] and yeah, its chrome yellow, sometimes if you go for a more pale yellow, it can work on pale skin, try canary yellow or something sort of pastel like

and my camera's a sony cybershot 5.1, its the BEST camera I've ever had, i recommend it to everybody haha

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimptress
ssad.gif

thanks :] and yeah, its chrome yellow, sometimes if you go for a more pale yellow, it can work on pale skin, try canary yellow or something sort of pastel like

and my camera's a sony cybershot 5.1, its the BEST camera I've ever had, i recommend it to everybody haha

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I always love your tutorials and looks. This is no exemption. I liked it after you applied the first two shadows. You could have stopped there. LOL. You always have such interesting color combinations that I would never think to try. And I haven't seen anything new by you in a while so I'm glad to see you back!

aw thanks! thats such a compliment haha.

JunkaLunk

I got reeeaaaaallly excited when I saw this! This is such a great tutorial, good job as always! By the way what store did you get that Max Factor liquid liner brush? I've gone to smiths, cvs and walgreens and I saw NO max factor eyeliner, pencil nor liquid. hmm...

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkaLunk
I got reeeaaaaallly excited when I saw this! This is such a great tutorial, good job as always! By the way what store did you get that Max Factor liquid liner brush? I've gone to smiths, cvs and walgreens and I saw NO max factor eyeliner, pencil nor liquid. hmm...

aw thanks! I got my max factor from Target, they should carry it

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebixlove
ur eyes are beautiful.
u remind me of alicia keys in some of those pictures
smiles.gif

aw thanks for the compliment! :]