NEW Eyeshadow Packaging???

eskae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
I bought all three of the new shadows from Naked Honey, and I noticed when I got home, that the boxes are different. The shadow names are printed into the box itself. And the UPC code sticker is not a sticker, and is 'burned' into the box too, and even looks a little different.

I was wondering, when you say burned into, does it kinda have that 'engraved' feeling. Or is it just flat ink printed on the box?
TIA!

eskae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
yes it is screenprinted...sorry I'm a mfg geek

hahah I totally noticed how lame I sounded saying "flat ink printed.." The word didn't come into my head while i was typing that out
tong.gif

GlamQueen21

Quote:
it is nicer and Lords knows it's cheaper to just get it screenprinted on the packaging than to have those labels hand applied in mfg...we used to charge at the butt for that

Not that major visually GlamQueen just where the round sticker was it now has it written on the carton and the where the UPC label is it is not made on the carton itself

Oh I see now. It looks so much better than the sticker.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
That's awesome! I want to see some pics of the new eyeshadow packaging!

iagree.gif
Please post pics for us!

Makeup Emporium

So far I have received lipglass, lustreglass, eyeshadow, Studio Fix, blush and lipstick in the new packaging. Only a couple of colours but they are all of current perm products (I don't have my Naked Honey yet). It appears that they are changing all items over slowly depending on when they have to produce a new batch. The Naked Honey launch was the first full launch in the new packaging.

I was trying to get a statement from MAC about the new packaging before I posted but they were taking their time answering me!

I like the new packaging as well but it will take some time before everything you see is in the new packaging. I'm sure they have quite a bit of stock still in the old packaging. It looks "cleaner" if that makes sense. No more labels that can get damaged.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
blink.gif
Silly me!!
blonde.gif

th_kiss.gif
friends.gif

I love the new packaging too and I am curious how the packaging feels where the name and barcode are printed.

But I think the fakers probably will be able to fake this sooner or later too. The money that they can make with the fakes makes it probably worth to invest in new machines or to edit the print of the packaging.
ssad.gif

TISH1124

True...I am sure anything can be faked...That is why I buy 99.9% from MAC and I don't have to deal with the what if's

Susanne

Quote:
True...I am sure anything can be faked...That is why I buy 99.9% from MAC and I don't have to deal with the what if's

iagree.gif
winks.gif

Mochahantas

Aesthetically it does look better. However, is there a sticker on the bottom of the actual shadow like the old packaging?

It would really suck money balls if it wasn't. I use those stickers in my palettes to name the shadows. It's much prettier that way IMHO.

TISH1124

Nothing changed but the outer packaging...the containers are the same..at least not on the ONE shadow I have

Dayjoy

I like to use the sticker from the outside of the box to put on my depotted shadows. They fit the magnet size I use better. Doesn't matter--I'll be trying to buy all my shadows in the pan form now--unless they come from the CCO. Does anyone know if collection shadows can be bought in the pan? Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochahantas
Aesthetically it does look better. However, is there a sticker on the bottom of the actual shadow like the old packaging?

It would really suck money balls if it wasn't. I use those stickers in my palettes to name the shadows. It's much prettier that way IMHO.

TISH1124

Collection shadows are never sold in pans...unless there is a repromote that is already in the pro pan that you can buy...ex: Vibrant Grape / Tempting

TheCollector

wow! That F&F sale has damaged my brain! I totally forgot I posted this question
bangdesk.gif
You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the answers!
clapping.gif

Wondering though - I almost think these would be easier to counterfeit than with the stickers - especially since like Tish noticed, that we see a bunch with the same batch numbers. Did we notice if the UPC codes are different? (i'll go back and look).

I got my first shipment of F&F stuff in today, so I'm gonna go see how much of that has the new boxes.
th_thdeadea.gif

TISH1124

They will be easier...but more costly for the counterf*ckers...screenprinting is far more expensive than buying printed labels

Makeup Emporium

The batch code is just the month and year that the product was produced. For a new collection it would make sense that a lot of the items would have the same batch code as they would probably have been made at around the same time; certainly within the same month.

I have Tempting & Soft Force both from Style Warriors and they both have B19 batch code. That just means they were both produced in January of 2009.

As for the barcodes I had a Vex in the old packaging and one in the new packaging and they have kept the barcodes the same. So the old product barcodes will be the same they will just be imprinted onto the new packaging instead of a label.

eskae

Aren't there fakes already out there that have printing directly ON the box? Either way, it's soo much easier now to fake those ones.