**NEW** MUFE Artist Shadows

MelroseLuvsMkup

I actually started a thread on this earlier. Stop on by and say hello if you'd like, here is the link: http://www.specktra.net/t/189143/make-up-for-ever-artist-palette-for-august-2014#post_2725057

sss215

My shadows arrived a little while ago. They sent me the wrong palette but I'm not too upset. I was expecting the 10 pan palette but this one can hold 18 I believe. Just another excuse to get more shadows lol. I called myself being good just ordering 10 but I should have got more...the price was great.
87b0c8a0_image.jpeg
I've never had the metal magnetized palette (I only have the 10 pan rubber/plastic one) so I had no idea that the magnetic sheet inside was so strong. I'll get around to swatching these soon.
Thought that was the 10 pan. Did it have a foam 10 slot divider in it? I saw one at the MUFE boutique.
32f59c29_image.jpeg
L to R: MAC Uninterrupted, MUFE M-664, Bobbi Brown Camel, MAC Gilt by Association (more gold), MUFE ME-624 (more black)
548dc2c9_image.jpeg
L to R: MUFE 92, MUFE S-924 S-924 doesn't swatch as well as 92 and it appears more reddish. It's a pretty color, nonetheless. Maybe there's another matte shade that's more closely matched to 92.
Yup folks need to grab the original 92 if they want the same purple. Wish there was a true dupe, but a lot of independents make purples like 92 now so you can find something similar. My goal with the new shades is to find one like urban decay chaos. I love that color but urban decay has not released it as a single shadow lol. hopefully I can find a dupe with make up forever.

butterflyeyes

Thought that was the 10 pan. Did it have a foam 10 slot divider in it? I saw one at the MUFE boutique. .
No it's the large magnetized palette. It comes with a foam protector in it but not one that has slots for pans. It can be used to protect the shadows in the palette during travel...just to cushion them. It usual costs about $19.50 on it's own.

sss215

No it's the large magnetized palette. It comes with a foam protector in it but not one that has slots for pans. It can be used to protect the shadows in the palette during travel...just to cushion them. It usual costs about $19.50 on it's own.
I'm going tomorrow to look at the pans again. I grabbed a 4 pan and I think I need a few more they hold a nice amount of MAC shadows, which is great for travel.

butterflyeyes

I'm going tomorrow to look at the pans again. I grabbed a 4 pan and I think I need a few more they hold a nice amount of MAC shadows, which is great for travel.
I actually like the way this palette is...surprisingly. I think on my receipt the regular price is $13 before the pro discount (no clue why the foam on it's own would cost so much more) and I think it would hold around 40 MAC shadows (give or take). I will probably get another one when I place another order.

sss215

I actually like the way this palette is...surprisingly. I think on my receipt the regular price is $13 before the pro discount (no clue why the foam on it's own would cost so much more) and I think it would hold around 40 MAC shadows (give or take). I will probably get another one when I place another order.
Here is a picture of the one I saw in the store with the foam insert. As you can tell the palette is metal and not the older plastic one.
8801c635_image.jpeg
I'm really excited about switching over to MUFE's new shadows. This formula makes them easier to work with. I found application can be quicker as well. I really love them. I haven't been this excited about eyeshadows in a while.

butterflyeyes

Here is a picture of the one I saw in the store with the foam insert. As you can tell the palette is metal and not the older plastic one.
8801c635_image.jpeg
I'm really excited about switching over to MUFE's new shadows. This formula makes them easier to work with. I found application can be quicker as well. I really love them. I haven't been this excited about eyeshadows in a while.
Oh ok. I asked for they 10 pan palette when I called to place my order on Pro Release day and that's what I was expecting but that's not what I got....at least that's not what the receipt says. And the foam that came with it doesn't have any cutouts for the pans. :shrugs: I suppose I could call you find out but I don't mind as much as I initially thought I would. Unfortunately there isn't a boutique anywhere near my state (Ga) so I ended up calling NJ to order. I would be in so much more trouble if I had local access lol. I'm loving the formula of these but I honestly loved the old formula...although I didn't really care for the Diamond formula as much.

leahrenae

Played with these this evening, here's a couple shots. Uploading from my phone and can post #s a little later.
305f3578_image.jpeg
5ff52d95_image.jpeg

sss215

I really wish they sold the pans alone at Sephora to cut that price down a bit.
They are 21 at both sephora and MUFE and I'm not understanding why they just don't sell them a a pan. The little container they come in is a waste. At least with the old ones the square compact had more weight to it and was sturdier for travel outside of a palette. This new circle container they are in... The lids doesn't screw on or anything. I see sephora is charging a dollar extra for a single case. Funny, the single case price is the same for the duo and trio cases.

sss215

Ok there are foam inserts for the foam palettes at the MUFE boutique if that is your thing. They are 2.00. They will only for the new deeper metal palettes not the old ones.

Jaymuhlee

Sephora just pulled all of the old formula shadows offline! I was wondering why #58 disappeared from my loves... Hopefully I'll still be able to find it in-store??

hollied3

I wonder when Sephora will put them all out. Does anyone know? I need to swatch them and see how they feel before I buy them! Thanks

sss215

I started a spreadsheet of the shadows I have and the ones I'm going to get. This is serious.

shontay07108

I asked a manager at Sephora today about when they'll be getting the shadows. I was told September. Of course, they won't be getting all the shades either because they don't have enough room. I need to start ordering a couple because I can't wait that long.

mysteereous

I went to the MUFE boutique today to swatch the shadows and confirm my wishlist. These shadows are gorgeous! Although I brought my palettes with me, I didn't have to break them out. Nothing that caught my eye looked like a dupe of any MUFE shadows I currently own. I didn't really pay attention to the brown shadows though; I was much more interested in the colors. I will def bring my brown palette with me whenever I get around to checking out the new versions.

I wasn't supposed to buy anything, but when I swatched D708 - an iridescent copper with pink shimmer - it HAD to come home with me. I didn't want to buy one of the small palettes, since I have a few of the old quads to use for travel. So I picked up the XL metal palette. It's huge; by my count, it should hold about 28 pans (4 rows of 7 pans).

They also had the new artist palette available. It was tempting, but I decided I'd rather wait and buy the shadows I'm interested in individually. I think if it was half matte and half shimmer, I could have been persuaded.

I also stopped by Sephora and saw that they still have some old shadows in stock. They didn't have anything I was interested in, though.

Jaymuhlee

I wonder if there's a Laura Mercier African Violet dupe in the line somewhere… It's one eyeshadow I've been wanting for ages. I just realized LM totally sells it as a single lol @ me. Still kind of curious though...

veronikawithak

I am gonna be so impatient waiting for these.. and I just know my Sephora is going to get them later than everywhere else.

Latest posts