New Viva Glam Ad

michmom2

I like the new ad. Definitely lovin' the purple. MAC is very cutting edge and this picture is different. It's very artistic in the angle of the face and the makeup. I'm glad they tried something different for the Viva Glam ad. I don't think this is Fergie's prettiest picture, but maybe they weren't going for that look. I agree that it is a fresh approach. I like Fergie and her "different" looks.

erine1881

for a VG ad its kinda strange that the words "VIVA GLAM" are nowhere in the pic.
th_confused_new.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
for a VG ad its kinda strange that the words "VIVA GLAM" are nowhere in the pic.
th_confused_new.gif

I thought the same thing! How would people know that this picture is related to viva glam?

MissResha

there is absolutely nothing (imo) viva nor glam about this chick. and this pic is gross. she looks like a hot plastic mess. see how that heroine effed her up? just say no..

darkishstar

I love it! The concept looks great, the posing is awesome, I love the colors too. It's more muted and not so much in your face as the past campaign has been.
I don't understand why people have to hate....
ssad.gif
She is a person too, she has made mistakes with plastic surgery and a past drug addiction, can't we be happy she's being the face of a cause that is beautiful and generous and helps so many people?

wifey806

not cute. which is wierd, cuz normally i like fergie! it's the angle i think. plus it puts all the emphasis on her outfit and eyes, and VG is all about lips (unless that's about to change oooohh....?? hmmmm...)

abbey_08

i like the purple and the feathers but i dont like the way they made her stomach look about as wide as her head.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
th_confused_new.gif

hmmpf..? word.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
there is absolutely nothing (imo) viva nor glam about this chick. and this pic is gross. she looks like a hot plastic mess. see how that heroine effed her up? just say no..

oh MissResha, you're never one to hold back!
tong.gif

chocolategoddes

When I first saw this photo, I thought it was an ad for a fragrance. It doesn't scream VIVA GLAM MAC, to me.

Everything that needed to be said about Fergie's face has already been said, so "no comment".
smiles.gif

I've got to get that dress because I want to be a purple drag queen Big Bird for Halloween. :/

BunnyBunnyBunny

I think it doesn't say "Viva Glam" because it's still just a preview image. It's very refined, but I'm sure before it's officially released they'll stick the "Every cent of Viva Glam Lipstick and Lipglass goes to the MAC Aids fund to help men, women, and children with and affected by HIV and AIDS" and stuff. :3

rachybloom

here she looks like one of those women who goes crazy with the collagen injections in her lips (duck face?). And I usually love Fergie :/.. and I don't see the idea behind this concept? Viva Glam packaging is all red and black, and this ad is purple? Doesn't stand behind the packaging very well