Nice MAs in Australia?

xLongLashesx

I found a lovely new MA at DJ's on Bourke st today, I've spoken to her a couple of times but today she patiently spent ages with me whilst I fussed around trying to find an e/s to match what I had. Normally I feel really rushed to hurry up and just pick something.

There was a guy there too helping an older lady with some new e/s looks, not just suggesting colours but actually giving her proper advice and I was like hang on.. this is the service we should be getting everywhere!!

I know where I'll be going from now on!

misspresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
I found a lovely new MA at DJ's on Bourke st today, I've spoken to her a couple of times but today she patiently spent ages with me whilst I fussed around trying to find an e/s to match what I had. Normally I feel really rushed to hurry up and just pick something.

There was a guy there too helping an older lady with some new e/s looks, not just suggesting colours but actually giving her proper advice and I was like hang on.. this is the service we should be getting everywhere!!

agreed - the service at DJs is GREAT! i do try to go there when I can.. they're usually a bit quieter too. I think I know the guy you mean, he goes above and beyond when you ask about product - REALLY helpful.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx

yea.. i find DJ's has more friendly and helpful MAs around.. and i do believe that's the same guy that i usually go to for an assistance.. he's just lovely!!

i don't know why but guys tend to be more friendly? this one MA in the PRO store, rob (thanks michelle for pointing that out) is one of the best.. well at least for me.. he made me feel comfortable just being there playing around with the shadows and stuff

another one of myy fave is hayley from the pro store and there is also this girl in short straight blonde hair with glasses in MYER bourke.. didn't catch her name tho..

metal_romantic

Went in to Myer Adelaide today and the MA that served me was so helpful and friendly! I was so happy
smiles.gif
The other MA gave me the weird look (like she was snickering or scoff...) as usual but I was so happy to finally get some good service at MAC!

MedicalMaladies

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_romantic
Went in to Myer Adelaide today and the MA that served me was so helpful and friendly! I was so happy
smiles.gif
The other MA gave me the weird look (like she was snickering or scoff...) as usual but I was so happy to finally get some good service at MAC!

You got a friendly MA at Myers??? Amazing! Every single time I've gone into the Adelaide Myer store I've been completely ignored, and sometimes pointed and laughed at, by the MA's there. I refuse to go anywhere near it now, I always get my MAC from the DJ's counter. I find the MA's are much nicer and less 'snobby', if that makes sense.

xLongLashesx

^^ Yeah and ask for some free vouchers!
sneaky.gif

Write a letter to the store and point out that all your business is going to DJ's.

sweetbabyblue

^I dont think saying anything to Myer will help, MAC SAs work for MAC only, Myer doesn't hire them. Despite poor service MAC still ranks #1 out of all the beauty counters in the department stores I know.

As far as I know, there are two lovely ladies at Doncaster counter, Louise and Claire(Clare?)

aussiemacluvrrr

Not sure if she has been mentioned already, but Isa who works with MAC Artist Relations in Melbourne is amazing! I do all my MAC Pro orders through her and she is so helpful and professional! I love dealing with her!

vintageroses

For some weird reason i feel MAC counters in DJs have better staff? hahas

But i popped by Myers 2 days ago & the MA was so sweet(she made me wanna go back to Myers!) hahas. Her name is Amy! :)

She even put all the collection stuff i want on hold so that i could grab them today at the MAC seminar! <3

edit: i went for the seminar today! It was really fun! I can post up a thread if you guys are interested on what we did!:) I LOVED IT! so going back again! & allll like really ALL the girls were nice, i think they just need time to get to know people & all that! haha they were funny & sweet! Bree on of the MA even baked cupcakes for us! how cool is that!

eurocentrix

That boy was the only one that was courteous and actually helped me out. Some MAs jsut pose and chat, some give really uninformed advice and some are excellent, luck of the draw I guess:))

eurocentrix

I wouldn't read too much into it. They may be just bored of their job, we all are at times:)) When MAs ignore me (and they ignore everyone from time to time), I come up to them and say: Excuse me, are you free? And they usually have to respond. Sometimes it just get's too busy, I would probably forget who I was serving first..

eurocentrix

DJs have better staff full stop. They seem more polite and more elegant and eloquent than their counterparts in Myer, sorry any Myer-ettes, just my experience :))

roLLerGrrL

I agree with previous posters, I find on the whole that DJ's has friendlier & more informative reps than Myer (excluding the Dior & Chanel counters). DJ's also have better promos & sales.

The MAC counters that I have been to have been similar to other people as well - the staff were cool & aloof. Either ignoring me, or asking me if I needed help in a voice that sounded like they were forced to ask & couldn't care less.

Does it not help that I usually shop on days off, wear no makeup, trakkies/jeans & trainers? It shouldn't matter should it? Sometimes I use this to my advantage & dress like this on purpose so staff won't hassle me.

I found Mecca Cosmetica were really nice (I prejudged them thought that it would be the opposite) even though I was in my work clothes, dirty as, as I'd been helping out in a dept I don't usually work in but the SA was smiling, helpful & friendly

My best experience has been at Inglot. I love the products but part of my love is also the experience I have whilst buying them. The staff are friendly, very helpful & let me do my own thing when I need to.

Good service makes customers want to come back again & again. It doesn't matter how much the product is. A makeup company could sell every item for 50c, but if I get bad service from them, I will be spending my money elsewhere.