Nice MAs in Australia?

girlambrosia

Now, I've been to all the MAC stores regularly in the last three months in Melbourne - except the Highpoint one, which is so far away I won't bother - and I always, always get the most evil MAs. They always seem kinda ... cool and aloof :p Except this one girl, she's really cute, long blonde hair, lives at the Chadstone store. I'm planning on doing a lot of shopping, but really don't want to let a silly little girl who looks at me like I'm a bug take commissions - plus, it's no fun!

So, anybody with recommendations for a nice MA?

(Feel free to add ones in other cities, too!)

kiss_love_kill

awww sorry to hear that!

but my FAVOURITE MA is the one in the City myer melbourne. i buy all of my mac products from him
greengrin.gif
his name is chris and his very friendly. his kinda tall? around 178ish and has brown short hair so next time you go in look or ask for him! ^^ *if you do bump into him tell me how it went*

Ella_

Celia at the Brisbane counter. If you go see her tell her Pamela sent you
smiles.gif

Shes an absolute angel.

Shes in her mid - late 30s with Caramel blonde hair thats about shulder length.

My fave MA ever. Shes the reason that I still buy MAC, I nearly stopped buying because of the appaling service I had each time I went in before she started working there.

Arella

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss_love_kill
awww sorry to hear that!

but my FAVOURITE MA is the one in the City myer melbourne. i buy all of my mac products from him
greengrin.gif
his name is chris and his very friendly. his kinda tall? around 178ish and has brown short hair so next time you go in look or ask for him! ^^ *if you do bump into him tell me how it went*

I think I've bought from him before, and you're right, he's lovely. Most of the others are quite rude, though - always talking to each other and ignoring me. It's probably just me, but anyway.

kiss_love_kill

no no its not just you, they always just stand around and chat with each other or cleaning! or organising stuff! and its just like hello?!?! *waves* im right here you know?! so i dont bother going into mac and buy stuff if his not working lol. just out of interst when did you see him and wat did you get?
smiles.gif

one of the MA's there was so rude to my friend. she was asking for a foundation thats suitable for her skin coz shes got dry skin and the MA *i think his name was adam?* just went "sorry your skin is just too dry theres nothing we can do about it, maybe try a facial?" like hello! you dont say that to a customer! i got really angry

Lilah

Oh I agree the majority of SAs are shocking!!

I was in Sydney City Myer yesterday, and wanted to grab the Maidenchant blushcreme. There were 3 SAs just standing behind the counter chatting, only 1 was serving a customer at the register. Finally one acknowledges me and asks me what I want - "I'd like to get the Maidenchant blushcreme". Her reply? "What one was that?!?"

However, I do like Martha at DJs, she is really nice (and she does great eyebrow shaping!)

The only reason I prefer Myer is for MyerOne points.

girlambrosia

kiss_love_kill;
I will keep that in mind next time I go! I know what you mean, some are just so rude! There was this really cute girl with dark crinkly brown hair who was reaally tall (180is?) at Myer Melbourne City too, but she was kinda clueless and I never saw her again. Sigh.

Arella;
Girlie, it's DEFINITELY not just you who gets that kind of service. I see it more at Melbourne City Myer more than anywhere else (freestanding was just kinda... disinterested. Like, polite, but just... not all that fun. I don't blame her or anything. They had one girl who was all high-and-mighty too; Chadstone seems to be a bit too busy to actually pay attention to me...) Ah... I don't know. I'm sure there are nice girls, and maybe some SAs had bad days?

Lilah;
Is it just me, or do you find that Napoleon's has nicer MAs all around? I mean, they're around the same price range, maybe a couple dollars cheaper, but I've alwasy had a lot of fun with the Napoleon MAs. MAC ones... well, I'm sure some are very nice people. I just seem to get ones that are... completely unhelpful and sometimes cold.

...I went once, to Myer Melbourne City, with a practically bare face - concealer, a little mascara and chapstick - and all of them looked at me like I was weird and ... bug-like, just because I didn't fit the regular clientele or whatever. Yeah, yeah, I have next to no makeup, but I still want that goddamn eyeshadow, so shoot me :p

(rant over! oops!)

lior;
Oh, I was just in Brisbane last New Year's! They still had lingerie in... damn, I forgot to ask after MSFs. Ah well. Thanks!

kiss_love_kill

i dont usualy wear like LOADS of make up to mac just foundationa and abit of eyeliner... they should really not treat customers differently based on their appearance. hopefuly your next mac experience will be an awesome one
greengrin.gif
*do share*

<3

Arella

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlambrosia
Arella;
Girlie, it's DEFINITELY not just you who gets that kind of service. I see it more at Melbourne City Myer more than anywhere else (freestanding was just kinda... disinterested. Like, polite, but just... not all that fun. I don't blame her or anything. They had one girl who was all high-and-mighty too; Chadstone seems to be a bit too busy to actually pay attention to me...) Ah... I don't know. I'm sure there are nice girls, and maybe some SAs had bad days?

I've basically had the same experience as you everywhere, I think. There was one girl in Chapel Street who was nice, though, but I don't know her name. All I know is that she had blonde hair, kind of chin-length-ish?

And as it happens, whenever I go to MAC I usually want to have a play so I don't wear any makeup (or just a bit of tinted moisturiser or foundation), and the amount of times I've been ignored because I don't look the 'type'... It's ridiculous.

And kiss_love_kill - I think I just bought a TLC from him. I'd spent up big the day before (I think that was around the release of Lure), but completely forgotten what I wanted in the first place so I grabbed it while I was there.

kiss_love_kill

i hate it when they make you wait while they just chat away! i feel like such a loser >.> and the funny thing is i alwasy go past mac or go in mac *nearly everyweekend* so they probably think im a freak! hehe

girlambrosia

kiss_love_kill;
I'm sure they're not supposed to treat you differently, but I'm sure that doesn't stop some of the girls *sigh* And there does seem to be recurring 'chat-and-ignore' syndrome at counters... eh. I feel like I'm twelve or something :p

Arella;
When I go to MAC, I do want a play but if the SAs are just sitting there all I really do is swatch colours on my hand. Nobody grabs me and says 'Hey! Let's play!' ... which is sad, but okay, I guess. I'm Asian, with the chunky black glasses thing going on (and the worst eyebrows in the world,) and apparently that keeps me out of their demographic. I'm disappointed, because I'm expecting to buy a shitload of A Muse, but I don't want to do it somewhere where I have to wait three hours just to get service, be led to a stand and told 'this is the new stuff.' I don't know... frustrating!

...Can you just, like, ask for an MA when you're at MAC? Is it considered rude? Will it be weird? Oh, I dunno.

P.S. We should shop A Muse together - two girls waklingi n with no makeup and wakling out with hundreds of dollars' worth - that'll teach 'em!
greengrin.gif

kiss_love_kill

amuse is amazing i cant wait for the collection to come out in australia ^.^ hopefuly chirs will be working. i usualy go in with a bare face lol probably the reason they stay away from me. i think its silly going in with loads of make up since they are gonna be putting products on your face anyways.

see through colour comes out tomorrow! YAY! cant wait

kiss_love_kill

a trip to the US on my you lucky lucky girl! all the mac you'll be getting! im very jealous! lol

im looking forward to the Valentines lipgelees! im gonna be SO broke because of a muse! all the MSF and eyeshadow! umm i think it will probably be like 38? 40? but any idea how much the eyeshadows are gonna be?

girlambrosia

Heh, yeah, I'm all with the planning. I think I'll fill up a 15-pan while I'm there, and getting a lot of eye stuff, and Strobe Cream if I like it - I just can't justify paying like 60 AUD for moisturizer :p I'm going to try and hit up the Vegas CCO while I'm there, but I hear that one gets cleaned out regularly :p Ah well - I just gotta remember that I'm there to see America, not buy makeup!

(Yeah, right. *snort*)

Well...I'm guessing the e/s will be something like... er... well, the regular pot shadows are 30, so I guess the duos will lie in the 35-45 range? Whoa, weird, imagine paying more for e/s than MSF!

kiss_love_kill

haha screw see amerca! its all about mac!! oh wow is strobe cream 60 O.O never knew that wats CCO? *i sound like a loser asking this*

really want nars but damn australia for not having it!

kiss_love_kill

omg! mac outlets! that sounds too good to be ture! have i been living upder a rock all this time! i didnt know we have NARS in australia! yeah im a melbourne girl too. thats in david jones right? their trukish delight lipgloss is just too pretty!

Guggenheim!!!