Nice MAs in Australia?

panda0410

I had Lauren at Paddington do a phone order for me for a pigment and she was sweet! Fantastic service, my bubbie was crying and Lauren was super cool and patient while I got it together...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettuhpop
The MA at the only counter in Perth who served me yesterday was such a sweetheart! Didnt get her name though.

Hmm. Some of them are nice, but i find two in particular always seem to be aloof / "too busy" to answer questions (even specific ones with a single answer) or help me when i want to buy something .

Customer service, damn it!

I agree with the person who mentioned the guys who work at the counter - they're always nice to me, and very helpful.

miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepopquizkid
Hmm. Some of them are nice, but i find two in particular always seem to be aloof / "too busy" to answer questions (even specific ones with a single answer) or help me when i want to buy something .

Customer service, damn it!

I agree with the person who mentioned the guys who work at the counter - they're always nice to me, and very helpful.

Hope it's not me! I try to be as helpful as possible as long as im not doing a makeup appointment or sitting another customer down cos sometimes i find people want me to serve them whilst im serving someone else but if i do that then the customer im serving might think im being rude! But yeh, if i'm not serving i always try to be as helpful as possible!

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
Hope it's not me! I try to be as helpful as possible as long as im not doing a makeup appointment or sitting another customer down cos sometimes i find people want me to serve them whilst im serving someone else but if i do that then the customer im serving might think im being rude!

The golden rule of Myer: halfway during a MU appointment, someone will always try to spin you around and demand to know where the toilets are.
rofl.gif

chillipea

Just wondering if there are any nice MA's at the Brisbane counter? If there are, when do they work? The 2 at the counter this weekend were not helpful at all.

deathfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillipea
Just wondering if there are any nice MA's at the Brisbane counter? If there are, when do they work? The 2 at the counter this weekend were not helpful at all.

They are all pretty nice really! One girl who was working on the weekend was brand new so im pretty sure she was just trying to work everything out! Most people always love Natalie who is the counter manager, but most of them are pretty nice. Who served you?

chillipea

I don't the two girls names. I'm thinking one was the brand new one you mentioned - it would explain a couple of responses. She seemed a little lost!

The other one though was just generally unhelpful - it seemed that she just didn't want to be there. I had a question about the MSFs and how different it was from Blot because I thought that it might be a good option for light coverage over TM. She said that there is no difference, but she would see if she could find an ingredient list if I wanted. Her facial expression was such that I didn't ask for the ingredient list! And here I was ready to splurge! I went and bought Givenchy instead
winks.gif

Perhaps I happened to be there when they were really busy? I might try going to the counter on a weekday rather than the weekend.

venacava

Quote:

Both Claire and Natalie are terrific and teased endlessly about my obsession.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I only buy stuff when they're at the counter. Natalie is on vacation at the moment and, to the best of my knowledge, Claire is there on most weekdays. The other MAs are generally nice as well, though there's this tall blond guy who’s always trying to get people to buy stuff they don’t want. He’s pet project is Fix+ and he will badger until you cave and buy one. I don’t know about most people but that stuff turned my face into an oil slick.

I ran into a new Asian girl there last Friday. At least, I think she’s new. As I far as I know Claire used to be the only Asian MA working at Brisbane counter. She kind of looked down her nose and sniffed when I asked if she could hold some Flashtronic items for me. Haha, she must be so -proud- to be working for MAC.
lmao.gif

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

I'd love to hear about some awesome Adelaide girls... does anybody know the name of the greek girl thats usually there with long dark hair with highlights and a huge smile???

deathfairy

Quote:
I don't the two girls names. I'm thinking one was the brand new one you mentioned - it would explain a couple of responses. She seemed a little lost!

The other one though was just generally unhelpful - it seemed that she just didn't want to be there. I had a question about the MSFs and how different it was from Blot because I thought that it might be a good option for light coverage over TM. She said that there is no difference, but she would see if she could find an ingredient list if I wanted. Her facial expression was such that I didn't ask for the ingredient list! And here I was ready to splurge! I went and bought Givenchy instead
winks.gif

Perhaps I happened to be there when they were really busy? I might try going to the counter on a weekday rather than the weekend.

Yeah they seem to be pretty busy on friday nights and weekends so probably go either a weekday or sundays are usually quiet too

deathfairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by venacava
Both Claire and Natalie are terrific and teased endlessly about my obsession.
blush-anim-cl.gif
I only buy stuff when they're at the counter. Natalie is on vacation at the moment and, to the best of my knowledge, Claire is there on most weekdays. The other MAs are generally nice as well, though there's this tall blond guy who’s always trying to get people to buy stuff they don’t want. He’s pet project is Fix+ and he will badger until you cave and buy one. I don’t know about most people but that stuff turned my face into an oil slick.

I ran into a new Asian girl there last Friday. At least, I think she’s new. As I far as I know Claire used to be the only Asian MA working at Brisbane counter. She kind of looked down her nose and sniffed when I asked if she could hold some Flashtronic items for me. Haha, she must be so -proud- to be working for MAC.
lmao.gif

Yeah Ive been told that generally their policy is that they can't hold items? I think since limited edition is so popular. I know the new asian girl your talking about but ive always found her quite nice

venacava

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathfairy
Yeah Ive been told that generally their policy is that they can't hold items? I think since limited edition is so popular. I know the new asian girl your talking about but ive always found her quite nice

Actually, they do hold LE but don't take pre-orders. Usually I would ask them to hold if I know I can't make it on release dates.
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

I live a 20 minute bus drive from Chadstone, Last time I saw a really nice MA though I didn't get her name. She's kind of short, long black hair and kind ethnic looking, though not sure what ethnicity lol. Oh well she was lovely.

Most MA's aren't very nice to, they assume I know nothing about MAC and patronise me. I actually don't feel very comfortable shopping at MAC.

Kitty Kitty

Hi all,

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! I'm in Sydney but I don't get into the stores much these days as I'm at home on maternity leave. BUT...I do buy all my stuff from the Chapel Street store and deal with a girl in Artist Relations. She is just the best. She holds anything I want and when I order something it arrives on my doorstep the next day. I love it!

When I was working in the city, there was one really lovely girl in the Myer store. I can't remember her name but she had really long brown hair and so helpful.

KK

myystiqueen

i've been dealing with this kind of issue in these couple weeks...
i'm new to makeup, esp. to MAC... i'm 18 years old but i look like a 15.. which sucks...

when i entered MAC at the very first time, no one actually bothered to 'serve' me... like i didn't even exist at all... i knew that that would happen, so it didn't really disturb me... but as i went there more frequently, i started to realize that most of the MAs or SAs (no idea about the differences) weren't really friendly at all.. some were just plain rude....

there was this girl..... at MYER melbourne city... i asked her if they got painterly paintpot.. and she replied, "we do.." and she just stood there.... it was kind of an awkward moment.. it was like it was enough for me knowing that they DID have painterly p/p... i made a face and i said, "uh-huh... so.. i want to get it..." i had the urge to add, "DUHH!!" but i didn't dare.. i don't know if it's just me or.....

basically,, they just prefer serving girls with tons of makeup on, especially vibrant eyeshadow...

as far as NICE MAs goes... i have some good experiences with girls named Sarah.... one is from MAC chapel st. and one is from KIT cosmetics in MYER melbourne... not sure if KIT does have MAs, but Sarah is such a lovely girl....!!! i really really like her,, and she's just so prettily natural... ^^ and Sarah from MAC pro at chapel is really really helpful... she helped me pick lots of colors for myy pro pan palette and she gave me some useful advices.... as soon i entered the store, she came straight to me and offered assistance.... the other day i went to chapel st,, the girls were all busy chatting.... one of 'em did offer help though....

Esme

Ahh, I saw this and thought the OP was looking for a Makeup Artist to do her wedding or something! I was gonna say, me me me!! LOL
Ah well, will have my qualifications in Aus by my birthday next year. Used to do makeup (bridal and theatre) in the US, so hoping to change careers here in Aus next year. I am in Perth anyway, so no good.
I won't even try to work for MAC as I would never get hired by them. Too old, too fat, blah blah blah! But I would be damned good!!

cassandra-ellen

I had a really nice girl at Chadstone. Didnt catch her name, but she was really really pretty, and had dark hair pulled back with a massive headband with a bow on it in her hair.
She was really helpfully, and cause i went enquiring about paint pots as a base, she told me everything i need to know about it. She even did swatches and stuff, and showed me how some eyeshadows turned out with and without a base.
She was really nice, and there seemed to be a couple of really nice girls on that day.
There was a older lady (proberly 60ish?) in there with her mum, and they kept saying how beautiful the lady was and stuff. It really makes you want to go back there even just for a chat on all the lovely mac items.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
I had a really nice girl at Chadstone. Didnt catch her name, but she was really really pretty, and had dark hair pulled back with a massive headband with a bow on it in her hair.
She was really helpfully, and cause i went enquiring about paint pots as a base, she told me everything i need to know about it. She even did swatches and stuff, and showed me how some eyeshadows turned out with and without a base.
She was really nice, and there seemed to be a couple of really nice girls on that day.
There was a older lady (proberly 60ish?) in there with her mum, and they kept saying how beautiful the lady was and stuff. It really makes you want to go back there even just for a chat on all the lovely mac items.

oh wow.... that sounds great... i wish all MA's are as lovely as her.... very informative, helpful and friendly..... >.<

some of 'em judge us from our appearance (and uhm.... age?? even though i'm 18 it doesn't mean i can't buy MAC - i'm on a budget of course)

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
oh wow.... that sounds great... i wish all MA's are as lovely as her.... very informative, helpful and friendly..... >.<

some of 'em judge us from our appearance (and uhm.... age?? even though i'm 18 it doesn't mean i can't buy MAC - i'm on a budget of course)

Yeah, your like me. Haha, i hate the 18 year old budget! Lol.
But yeah, its annoying when they judge you on apperance.
Mm.... thinking of going to chaddy tomorrow to have a look around, cant afford to buy anything but just for a look.