Nordstrom Anniversary Palette

MarieMary

katred: I have found the Best Palette (9944) by accident in the Sephora on the Champs Elysées in Paris a few years back. But I guess it was exceptional because there was only one. I can't say if they had Nordstrom exclusives after that as I don't live in Paris or near a NARS counter to check.
By the way, they should totally re-release this palette. It's a great nude palette.

thatKanojo: I guess it depends on how often you use Orgasm and Laguna. If you use them often, then buying the Joie de Vivre palette is like having back-ups for those 2 shades. ;)

Carriee

I need this even though I already have Orgasm (from the Danmari)! I sort of wish they hadn't included both Gaiety and Angelika but I wear that colour a lot so I can justify it!! I doubt it will come to the UK at all though, so I'll have to find a CP. :/ Just checked and I can order it off the website, my wallet is upset haha

thatKanojo

thatKanojo: I guess it depends on how often you use Orgasm and Laguna. If you use them often, then buying the Joie de Vivre palette is like having back-ups for those 2 shades. ;)
Naw, I hardly ever reach for them. :s I'll have to give them a shot again this week; I wear MAC MBs too often every day.
sweatdrop.gif

Carriee

Just out of curiosity, how did you know you could order it on Nordstrom website? I've missed the Danmari and I'm interested in this one. I'm just afraid I'll have to pay huge taxes, probably like 30% of taxes on top of the initial price plus 15€ or more in shipping costs.
I did the live chat thing on the Nordstrom website, and the rep said that the anniversary sale items are available to everyone as long as 'your country doesn't have restrictions on the item' - so we should be able to order it from there but I know that taxes for the UK would be about £10 for the palette and shipping £17 and I don't want to pay an extra £27 for the palette so might try and get a CP or something I guess.

MarieMary

I did the live chat thing on the Nordstrom website, and the rep said that the anniversary sale items are available to everyone as long as 'your country doesn't have restrictions on the item' - so we should be able to order it from there but I know that taxes for the UK would be about £10 for the palette and shipping £17 and I don't want to pay an extra £27 for the palette so might try and get a CP or something I guess.
OK, thank you! :)
I've done a simulation with $65 worth of products or so. It would cost me $17 in taxes, and $37 in shipping. That's insane!
What is a CP? Because right now I'm ready to listen to any alternatives to pay less to get this thing! :p

Carriee

OK, thank you! :) I've done a simulation with $65 worth of products or so. It would cost me $17 in taxes, and $37 in shipping. That's insane!
What is a CP? Because right now I'm ready to listen to any alternatives to pay less to get this thing! :p
It's ridiculous! Wish it would come to a EU website!!

A CP is a custom purchase, so basically I'd get someone in the US to buy it and ship it to me here. But I'm not sure it would actually make any difference in the price, I think we'd still have to pay taxes and shipping could be just as expensive and then there could be customs fees on top of it, so I don't know if it would actually be worth it. :/

I might just convince myself to pay £60 for this - I really want Gaiety and Albatross anyway, so it's just like buying those two and paying an extra £20 for 4 extra blushes. That's a bargain! :p

MarieMary

It's ridiculous! Wish it would come to a EU website!!

A CP is a custom purchase, so basically I'd get someone in the US to buy it and ship it to me here. But I'm not sure it would actually make any difference in the price, I think we'd still have to pay taxes and shipping could be just as expensive and then there could be customs fees on top of it, so I don't know if it would actually be worth it. :/

I might just convince myself to pay £60 for this - I really want Gaiety and Albatross anyway, so it's just like buying those two and paying an extra £20 for 4 extra blushes. That's a bargain! :p
I know, right?! I'm still waiting for the customer service to answer me. I doubt it would be available elsewhere than Nordstrom though. :(
Custom purchase seems like a great alternative actually. When you're not in the US and ordering something at Nordstrom, custom fees are automatically added. It is not automatic with personal packages; it can happen.
As for shipping, it's probably super expensive at Nordstrom because it's by private carrier with international tracking and insurance. A regular package with simple tracking between the US and Europe is way less than $37, by a lot. The thing is if the person is not trustworthy or if the package is lost by the local mail system, that's a problem. :/

Lol it's true it's still a bargain in the end, even with the extra shipping and custom fees. :p

katred

Specktra Bestie
I was at The Bay here today and got very excited because I saw one of the Nars associates walking around with a palette of blushes. I went rushing up to her only to realise at the last moment that she had just picked up one section of the blush display and was holding that (why, I have no idea). Not a palette at all.
th_stormy.gif

MarieMary

There's a possibility for me to visit the US soon. If this palette is only available during the Nordstrom Anniversary, I'll miss it by not much. Boooo! :( I feel like Tantalus. :p

I was so excited when I heard about this palette but I wouldn't use half of the shades in it. I really wish they would have put in a different shade instead of Orgasm. Maybe a limited edition shade. I would also really love to see them do an all blush palette instead of putting a highlighter and bronzer in. I know they just came out with one for Sephora the shades in it are kinda crazy. =/

Carriee

I was so excited when I heard about this palette but I wouldn't use half of the shades in it. I really wish they would have put in a different shade instead of Orgasm. Maybe a limited edition shade. I would also really love to see them do an all blush palette instead of putting a highlighter and bronzer in. I know they just came out with one for Sephora the shades in it are kinda crazy. =/
This ^ If they had not put in Orgasm (which I already have) I would almost definitely be getting it.

lenchen

Iwish they createda palette that would suit darker skin tones. Taj mahal, Taos, dolce vita, torrid, etc...

andabri

I hate how they always will include two colors that are quite similar. It wasn't necessary to put both angelika and gaiety.
This is how I felt as well. Add to the fact that orgasm and laguna are offered in nearly everything, I think I'm going to pass on this palette. I was so excited when I first heard about it too.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Iwish they createda palette that would suit darker skin tones. Taj mahal, Taos, dolce vita, torrid, etc...
Lol. I'm pretty pale and I still love bright colours- would have snapped that up for sure! I was playing with Cactus Rose and Loukoum the other day, wondering if I should try the cream formula.

duckrodeo

I'm still on the fence if I should pick this up. I have the Danmari palette and luckily the only duplicate shade for this would be Orgasm. I'm not opposed to owning a duplicate because I don't own any other NARS palettes, but it is a small drawback. I also own Gaiety, I'm not sure about Angelika, but Luster is definitely appealing. I've been wanting Albatross and Laguna for a while, so maybe I should just add the whole thing to my collection lol.

Carriee

I really think I'm going to skip this. I can justify spending up to around £60 for this, but it's about £80 from the site (including shipping and taxes) and a CP would only be a little bit cheaper. I'm annoyed that it's so expensive for us because I'd really like to buy it but oh well :'( Maybe it'll come to the NARS site later, or they'll come out with a palette more widely available (without Orgasm!). I'll probably end up picking up Albatross, Gaiety and Luster anyway (after Outlaw and Deep Throat, though). At least all the shades in it are permanent!

CoolinOlympia

I just ordered this pallette. Not happy about the price, but I don't have any of the shades and always wanted at least Orgasm and Albatross and Laguna. If I am not happy, I can always return it, right? I hope it is worth it. I have a ton of blushes because I love blushes. I really love MAC MSF's, especially the last ones in the Heavenly Creatures collection, but I always end up buying those. Love the glitter! So I will see, I guess. Anyone else get it? I figure it is an early birthday present for myself... even though I buy myself lots of early birthday presents.....!!! Eeeeeek!