NOTD - post all here

mskatee

Re: Notd

I think I am going to wear Ruby for Rudolph today
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

I have OPI - my kind of brown (it's actually red..). It's pretty old but I like it.. a brick kinda red.

Shadowy Lady

I'm wearing OPI Golden Rules! I don't think it suits me though. I think it's because it's a yellow gold and my skin and the colour yellow don't get along
ssad.gif

anybody has recommendations for a cooler gold nail polish?

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i got three new essie polishes this weekend!! today it's cocktail party

What did you get? do tell
smiles.gif

NutMeg

I'm wearing Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Purple Potion/Mauve. I bought it because it was on sale for 2 dollars, but it's actually a pretty cool colour. On another note, I just got my first bottle of Seche Vite in the mail yesterday, and I'm officially in love.

BEA2LS

I actually am thinking of changin to Lady Godiva later on for something different
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
What did you get? do tell
smiles.gif

thanks for asking! you know i get excited, lol.
winkiss.gif

I got cocktail party, which is red but with a pinkish undertone. it has pinkish/reddish glitter. I also got Big Spender, which is a berry-pink color. it is cool based, which is why I like it. it does have a hint of red to it. I also got silver bullions, which is a pretty bright silver. i am not sure how that one is gonna look but i wanted something different.

BEA2LS

i did change it up to essie's lady godiva - a really dark, rich brown. i just wanted a change from my reds

BEA2LS

I'm switching up to loop hole tonight - a bright shiny silver by essie for tommorow's office holiday party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
yeah, they're just sorta like soft sponge that's wet with polish remover and placed in a container. So you just dip your nails in it and the polish comes right off. For me it's way faster than using cotton + remover. And then one container lasts me more than 2 months and I change my polish every second day
smiles.gif

HTH

Hi Shadowy Lady
Could you give me the name of that sponge nail polish remover container stuff that you use please? It sounds brilliant. I would like to see if i can get something similar if not the same here in the UK. Sounds like something a nail salon would use. This would be perfect for me because i avoid changing my polish often, simply because i hate the whole process of taking it off with cotton wool and normal nail polish remover, especially with dark colours which i tend to use the most. With this product you mention i would be more tempted to change colours more often.

Cheers.
smiles.gif

Oh forgot to add. I'm wearing 'Ruby pumps' today. I only just got it today in the post. I bought it after seeing it on MissChievious's nails on one of her You tube tutorials. I just had to buy it because it looked stunning on her and i have to say after putting it on i am not dissapointed. It's beautiful! Thank you so much Julia for introducing this beautiful colour to me. I also bought the China glaze 'Branding Iron' colour after i saw it on yet another video of yours. Oh and the OPI original 'Nail Envy' too lol. I'm just waiting for the 'Nail envy' to arrive in the post. I'm not a copy cat honest, hehe, just i hadn't seen these colours before on someone till i saw them on you, so when i did i was sold. I love you tutorials btw, your amazing and so fun and diverse with your ideas and looks.
smiles.gif

Speaking of China Glaze polishes. Don't know if anyone has this colour, but i would highly recommend 'Midnight ride'. Omg it is the most gorgeous deep purple shimmer i have ever seen. It is to die for. If you havn't tried it and you like purples you have to try this colour.
thmbup.gif

Amber x

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypopsikkle
Hi Shadowy Lady
Could you give me the name of that sponge nail polish remover container stuff that you use please? It sounds brilliant. I would like to see if i can get something similar if not the same here in the UK. Sounds like something a nail salon would use. This would be perfect for me because i avoid changing my polish often, simply because i hate the whole process of taking it off with cotton wool and normal nail polish remover, especially with dark colours which i tend to use the most. With this product you mention i would be more tempted to change colours more often.

Cheers.
smiles.gif

If you can't find that product, use felt and remover. The felt grabs the polish better.

I'm wearing OPI We'll Always Have Paris, but I dunno - I still don't like it. I think I might end up swapping it. *sigh*

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypopsikkle
Oh forgot to add. I'm wearing 'Ruby pumps' today. I only just got it today in the post. I bought it after seeing it on MissChievious's nails on one of her You tube tutorials. I just had to buy it because it looked stunning on her and i have to say after putting it on i am not dissapointed. It's beautiful! Thank you so much Julia for introducing this beautiful colour to me. I also bought the China glaze 'Branding Iron' colour after i saw it on yet another video of yours. Oh and the OPI original 'Nail Envy' too lol. I'm just waiting for the 'Nail envy' to arrive in the post. I'm not a copy cat honest, hehe, just i hadn't seen these colours before on someone till i saw them on you, so when i did i was sold. I love you tutorials btw, your amazing and so fun and diverse with your ideas and looks.
smiles.gif

Speaking of China Glaze polishes. Don't know if anyone has this colour, but i would highly recommend 'Midnight ride'. Omg it is the most gorgeous deep purple shimmer i have ever seen. It is to die for. If you havn't tried it and you like purples you have to try this colour.
thmbup.gif

Amber x

Glad you like your purchases! Oh and Ruby Pumps also apparently looks stunning layered over a dark color, like a vamy burgundy or black. I might try that tonight! In case you get bored of it just plain red.
smiles.gif

Latest posts