NYX Products

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindysilver4
I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I loved the NYX nail polishes I got SO MUCH that I bought some more from the website! Penny, Sunshine, Blood, Sorbet, Neon Green, and Juliette. All gorgeous, all smooth and opaque in 2 coats.

I also got French White, which is a sheer color that makes my nails look really nice -- like my own nails, but better!!
smiles.gif

Just thought I'd put in my two (more) cents.
smiles.gif

Neon Green & Sorbet are two of my favorite colors from them. I've been thinking about getting Penny & Blood myself. I like seeing someone with colorful taste in polish.

ebonyannette

I saw them in person I just bought some so Im not familiar with all the names but the purples are really pretty, I also like their blue/greens too they show up really well. Maybe try a Trio?

Mac-Attack

What about Nyx foundation, powders? I think about using them for proffesional use, photo and video. Does anybody has some experiences?

charismaticlime

I wonder how long it'll be before the whole collection hits stores in Canada. So far I've only seen a few pearl eyeshadows at the SDM in my area, but I'd love to see the whole range of eyeshadows.

NFTP

for anyone who lives in or near honolulu, hawaii- i was at daei/ don quixote yesterday and they now have a display of nyx. they have the pencils, shadow singles, trios, blushes, lipsticks, powders, and a bunch of other stuff. i suggest checking it out
smiles.gif

BadBadGirl

Anyone looking for a shop needs to email the company directly on the website. Send them your zip code (not just the city or state, or they will email you back asking for the zip). Then they will tell you a list of places to buy the products at.

Has anyone used the liquid eyeliner? The colors are very pretty.

MACaholic711

Hey. I just wanted to let everyone know that the new chrome eyeshadows that NYX released recently. They are awesome. It's about 5 grams of loose eyeshadow, which look amazing dry, but OMFG if you it wet, its just...wow! Anyway, they have a ton of colors, some are similar to MAC pigments...they last longer than Loose Ultra Pearl Mania shadows and alot easier to use because its a larger jar. Also, if you invest in these, replace the plastic peice or you will end up with loose eyeshadow everywhere. My favorite color is Lagoon, I used it wet over urban decay primer potion and it looks EXACTLY like MAC TEAL PIGMENT! I have about 6 more to go, and I will have them all. There's a seller on ebay and she sometimes has the chrome eyeshadows as well as some of the new eyeshadow singles. http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=n yx&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sadis=200&fpos=20695&sacqyop=ge&sa cqy=&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass =4827bobbie&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&fgtp
Also, I tried the Plummy Mosiac Powder and it was awesome, and I also got the Bronzer in Light and the reason its 16.00 is because its freakin huge, this would take me a long time to use up. It's the biggest bronzer I have ever seen. lol. Guess thats it for now.

I see NYX everywhere!!! I usually get them at a little independent clothing store near my moms house for like $.99 cents they usually have all the colors. I like them alot, there really good for the price!!!

MACaholic711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Attack
I ask one more time...are Nyx products good enough for proffesional use, video and photo? Thanks for your reply.

Hey! I would say yes. I sometimes wear wild colors by NYX and they show up extremely well in photos. If my camera worked, I could upload them for you, but honestly if I wasnt so makeup obsessed, I wouldnt be able to tell if I had MAC or NYX on in photos. Hope this helps. And by the way, if you decide that they arent good enough, you've only wasted a few bucks!

Fairybelle

^^ To see NYX "in action" take a look at the Tutorials or FOTDs sections of this website. Do a search for NYX. You will see that the colors look pretty darn good in photos (IMHO)!!

sassycapri

I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me where to find NYX products in Tampa. I'm new to the area and I've already tried the local Walgreens and CVS but no luck :-( I tried emailing them but got a response saying they do not know of any stores in Tampa that sell there products.

Thanks in advance!

5_mac_love

its funny to see nyx eyeshadows all the rage with everyone cuz i have been using them for at least 4 years!! and have always loved them!!! i used to compare with maybe smashbox, not quite mac...but somewhere in there!! lol!!

callmestella

For those who live in San Diego, I just found NYX central today. Bliss at Mission Valley Center has every single color and chrome shade for 2.99. They also have the three color palette (all of them) for 4.99. The lipsticks are either 1.99 or 2.99 and they have glosses, though I don't remember how much. I'm pretty sure they aren't more than 3.00.

YAY!

Forgot to add, they have testers for everything. They also have blush, powder and foundations, but I didn't pay attention to the prices.

pinki3

SOMEONE PLEASE tell me where they have NYX in San francisco or Davis, CA. or.. Rochester, NY! Thanks!!!

mariaxmagdalena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzEmo
does anyone know if they sell nyx products in any stores in san francisco?

go to durant square in oakland..they have TONS in alot of the shops there

rchickos

There aren't any MUA reviews for the mosaic powders...I was wondering, are they really shimmery? Like MSF shimmery or sheertone shimmer shimmery? Pigmented? Paradise, Love, and Dare look pretty...

MizzMAC

Reading all the rave reviews I must say I'm tempted to purchase a few of the eyeshadow trios!

I'm a snob when it comes to makeup and haven't used drugstore brands since I was 12 or something!

But these are tempting!

Are the trios as good as the single shadows? It seems foolproof for someone like me who has trouble with good color combos!

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinki3
SOMEONE PLEASE tell me where they have NYX in San francisco or Davis, CA. or.. Rochester, NY! Thanks!!!

Ok so it depends where you are in SF ... are you actually in SF or do you live in the Penninsula? I'm in Pacifica so the closes place to me is the Longs Drugs in Burlingame on El Camino. They have a ton of stuff ... at least last time I was there ... and they were super cheap too.

pinki3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoona
Ok so it depends where you are in SF ... are you actually in SF or do you live in the Penninsula? I'm in Pacifica so the closes place to me is the Longs Drugs in Burlingame on El Camino. They have a ton of stuff ... at least last time I was there ... and they were super cheap too.

i live in SF. but i can go to burlingame/el camino! im that desparate! =D