NYX Products

depecher

I have found that NYX works better with UDPP and a shadestick. I got my friend the Lime, Tropical and yellow trio. She used it with paints or maybe a shadestick, but the colors didn't pop as much as they do with the primer and a shadestick. The colors were pretty but not as standout as they are with both.

NYX=love!!!!!!!!!!!!

aziza

I am in love with NYX . Their e/s are off the chizzy-chain. Because of them I own not one MAC e/s. Blaspehemy isn't it? I also love yheir cream blushes (especially orange!)

nixnil

I always find them in stores that sell random makeup items... like makeup pro supply, nail color supply.. and they are cheap! love the tiny bottle of pigments.. they look so pretty in there!

cyens

thank you for telling me about NYX

Now im only gonna buy that insted of mac

Super cheap, long lasting, beautifull colors... everything you wish for.
smiles.gif

kitticat_NY

Looking for NYX in NYC area

Where in Brooklyn?? I am dying to know~
eyelove.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninahxd
YES YES! i can say that i am officially addicted to NYX e/s other then MAC
eyelove.gif
i have a total of 18 shades. 8) they have great colors like MAC and it stays on very well with primers, the one i used is Urban Decay Primer Potion. i highly recommend you people to get your hands on it. Trust me if you dont like it ( which I highly doubt ) you wont really lose much, just a couple of bucks . since it is 2.00 each here in Brooklyn, NYC! AMAZING
lol.gif

Beauty Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumtingSweet
I am in love with NYX . Their e/s are off the chizzy-chain. Because of them I own not one MAC e/s. Blaspehemy isn't it? I also love yheir cream blushes (especially orange!)

Oh man I want to get orange so bad. Do you have a picture of the product or a pic of you with it on?

ninahxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitticat_NY
Where in Brooklyn?? I am dying to know~
eyelove.gif

The Make Up Cosmetic Discount Store in Brooklyn on 86 Street & 20th Avenue. =)

JunkaLunk

I bought two trios today and a lip gloss. LOVE.

I always find them near the cashier at Agaci-too stores, and there they are only 5.60, where as online they are 7.00 not including shipping.

Oh and Agaci-too stores are usually in regular malls, incase you were wondering.

queenofdisaster

i see them all the time a little cheapo clothing boutiques.. i think they're cheapo themselves.. im usually allergic to cheap makeup and their lipglosses smell like puke if i remember correctly

cindysilver4

NYX nail polish?

Has anyone used NYX nail polish? How do they stack up to OPI, Essie, MAC, etc? I love brightly colored polish but I hate how some of the bright cheaper brands like NYC or Milani are extra-prone to chipping. Any ideas?

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindysilver4
Has anyone used NYX nail polish? How do they stack up to OPI, Essie, MAC, etc? I love brightly colored polish but I hate how some of the bright cheaper brands like NYC or Milani are extra-prone to chipping. Any ideas?

I have 10 NYX polishes and I am really impressed with them. They apply very smooth and have a great wide flat brush. If you've used the new OPI Designer Series or Anniversary Collection, the brush is similar. The wear is comparable to any salon brand IMO. I've used Essie, OPI, China Glaze, MAC, Creative, etc and NYX is at the top of the list with China Glaze for me.

CincyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindysilver4
Thanks Cincyfan
smiles.gif
I will have to get a few and try them out for myself! They have such amazingly bright colors
smiles.gif

You're welcome! They do have wonderful colors and all the ones I have are opaque after two coats. I was so dissapointed with a lot of the OPI Brights because they were sheer-ish.

Anywho, if you're interested, here is a pic of the colors I have with some comparisons from other brands.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...s/NYXWheel.jpg

Wheel Key
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5.../wheelkey6.jpg

astronaut

I finally ran into a place that carries NYX at the plaza where I work, and I was excited to actually check out the shades and quality. Unfortunately I really wasn't that impressed
ssad.gif
At $5 a pop, I'm thinking Loreal HIP is a better value ;\

whosheis

Another place in NYC.

13682 39th Ave
Flushing NY

where Magic Castle was. Is it still called that I dunno. But happened to see it ^^

NFTP

i bought some nyx from longs. i purchased an eyeshadow, before i had read all of the great comments people had to say about it. so, im going to go back when i can and get more. the only thing that sucks is that since i live in hawaii i think the price is 2 dollars more.
ssad.gif

cindysilver4

I got 9 nail polishes from the NYX website, and they are all really high quality and gorgeous colors. Even the lighter shades are opaque with two coats
smiles.gif
I am very pleased, thanks again Cincyfan
smiles.gif

Does anyone know where I could find NYX in a store in Miami ??

I have 3 of the pigments.... They're okay - a lot finer than the MAC pigments but they work really well in the crease of your eye when applying them as eyeshadow. I haven't used them in so long though!

cindysilver4

I just wanted to bump this thread and say that I loved the NYX nail polishes I got SO MUCH that I bought some more from the website! Penny, Sunshine, Blood, Sorbet, Neon Green, and Juliette. All gorgeous, all smooth and opaque in 2 coats.

I also got French White, which is a sheer color that makes my nails look really nice -- like my own nails, but better!!
smiles.gif

Just thought I'd put in my two (more) cents.
smiles.gif