NYX Products

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
what are the nyx loose shadows like? i have been tempted. should i bother?, or just collect more mac piggie samples?

I think they are worth trying. I don't personally have any but my sister has a few. They don't have as much pigment as MAC pigments but they have some beautiful colors that have more pigment than the average loose shadow.

mouthygirl95820

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
what are the nyx loose shadows like? i have been tempted. should i bother?, or just collect more mac piggie samples?

i say go for it.they go on silky very nice worth the buy.the more u add the more it shows up.its just kind of hard to get them on the brush because the container.but i say try it out

cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty
Oh, and you must get the Ocean e/s if you missed on Blue Absinthe this might be a little greener. Tell us what you get.

I find Ocean to be really similar to MAC's Parrot when I swatch it.

cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriannaErin
- Just wondering, if you had done it, how did you go about Depotting the trios? I have 4 of them and would love to put them in my pallettes

I got this from a LJ community:

For all of you out there looking for an easy way to depot, involving NO baking or buying of new items

So, I used a hairdryer, a cuticle trimmer (with the fork at the end, but broken), and a pin.

I popped the pan out (the hardest part) by lifting along the ridge.
Then Used a hairdryer on the back of the popped out pan.
Then, I used a pin to get the palette out. I used a hair dryer to get the label off, and glued it ontop of the magnets (which I just cut a magnet up off of my fridge).

I popped the plastic insert out and used the same method as mac, except used the cuticle trimmer to get the palettes out, but NOT working it, just sticking it down and moving it around the edge, NOT trying to lift it out. If i did that, it would bend the metal and the eyeshadow would come out (aqua ocean). Good thing I tried it first on a shadow I didnt really like.

BLueEYz

I've recently become obsessed with NYX shadows. Does anyone know if there is an e/s shade similar to MAC Bronze? I was trying to compare Walnut Bronze, Jazzy Bronze and Bronze and I "think" Bronze looks closest. I have Deep Bronze already and it isn't quite the same.
Thanks.

lafemmenoir

Wow,
I love NYX and got it by chance and never quit. The pigs are 1.99 the single shadows 1.49 and trio's $3.00 here. I hope you all can at least try it. It works really well. IMO xx

bama_beauty

I've always wondered about NYX shadows. I can't find them over here either.
ssad.gif

Quiana

All this talk has got me curious so I visited the website. I was amazed
eeksign.gif
The colors look gorgeous (as gorgeous as one could expect for pics) so I am going to order some just to test them out and see of they are true to form. I was extremely impressed with the lip selection. I have always been searching for a replacement for my long lost Loreal color ~glistening apricot~ d/c and I spied:spy: a color called ~apricot shimmer~ on the web......I am so excited, its boderline pathetic
yahoo.gif

Quiana

In fear of making my makeup obsession more obvious......

I work like 10 mins from an outlet mall that has a Fragrance Shop. It miraculously dawned on me to call and see of they carried NYX..and they did
graucho.gif
Not only was there NYX at this store...like three doors down there was a CCO (I swear this must be new) that carried MAC!! (and Stila, Bobbi Brown, etc) I was in HEAVEN
angelic.gif
---unfortunately, I was unable to haul as much as I liked due to the time crunch, but I did manage to get a coupld of brushes and three lip products from NYX....
yahoo.gif

I think I need to join a support group

ninahxd

Yes, I totally agree with you guys. NYX is a nice brand for lip gloss , blush and especially eyeshadow. its highly pigmented, for me when i use cream shadow under it, it dont crease and it dont come off! i live in brooklyn nyc. and i bought each of the eyeshadows for $2! hahahas. try it , it won't do you wrong . =)

jbpaka

NYX Cosmetics

Hi,
These stores carry the NYX line and are located throughout the United States. They are called The Fragrance Outlet and Designer Fragrances located in the outlet malls. You can email me and I can give you their addresses and phone numbers, [email protected]

Thanks, Jan

xdark

aah i've been tryin to find nyx products here for so LONG O.O i know only some shoppers carry nyx in canada, but is that the only store? and are there any in mississauga ON? >_<

depecher

You may not be able to find them in Canada other than the Shoppers.
=( You may just have to get them on eBa, the NYX website or from someone here in the US.

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdark
same, cant find any here! (mississauga ON) >_< anyone? help? XD

Sorry it took me a couple of days to get back to you. Here is the website for Canada. You can order directly from them, or if you call them, you might be able to find where they distribute in your area
smiles.gif

http://www.nyxcosmetics.ca

ninahxd

Woot!

YES YES! i can say that i am officially addicted to NYX e/s other then MAC
eyelove.gif
i have a total of 18 shades. 8) they have great colors like MAC and it stays on very well with primers, the one i used is Urban Decay Primer Potion. i highly recommend you people to get your hands on it. Trust me if you dont like it ( which I highly doubt ) you wont really lose much, just a couple of bucks . since it is 2.00 each here in Brooklyn, NYC! AMAZING
lol.gif

astronaut

The NYX Tropical and Green tea look very lovely. I'm very curious! My mom has a trio eyeshadow and I didn't like it. I hope the singles are much better. I will have to purchase them next time I run into them. I've ran into them before but never purchased them because I thought they were cheap.

Latest posts