NYX Products

leonah

got my san paulo shade today and it is definitely nothing like the swatches online. it's a very hot darker pink IRL. a bit sad since this isn't my fav shade of pink but hopefully I can make it work or mix it with a lighter shade. any suggestions? going to order stockholm, cannes and transylvania now to "cure" my disappointment with san paulo...

montREALady

got my san paulo shade today and it is definitely nothing like the swatches online. it's a very hot darker pink IRL. a bit sad since this isn't my fav shade of pink but hopefully I can make it work or mix it with a lighter shade. any suggestions? going to order stockholm, cannes and transylvania now to "cure" my disappointment with san paulo...
Aww, sorry to hear that. I have Narcissus, it's a pale pink and pretty pretty. I also have Strawberry Milk, also a pale pink, even paler than Narcissus if I remember correctly. What shade were you looking for? I think you'll be fine with your new order though
girlhaha.gif

montREALady

BTW- I got Monte Carlo, Transylvania and Copenhagen. Not impressed at all. NYX does not make quality liquid matte lipsticks, IMO. Monte Carlo is ok. The others are just *meh*
I brought this discussion in here. Wow, you must have higher standards than me! Loll! I love the colors, well I don't have MC. These were out well before the whole liquid lipstick craze so the formula is not meant to be like one. Their Suede ones are which you also don't like, lol. I don't like lipsticks that stay on my lips forever that I have to scrub off. I actually like reapplying and touching up throughout the day. So I don't sweat it if one transfers, etc.

sullenxriot182

I don't mind the matte lip creams but I do hate the Suede lipsticks lol. I think my biggest issue with those was that nearly all the YouTubers who got them all sent to them for free raved about how great they were and the damn things never fully set on your lips. I was so excited for them and then when I got mine it was like "Really?"

montREALady

I don't mind the matte lip creams but I do hate the Suede lipsticks lol. I think my biggest issue with those was that nearly all the YouTubers who got them all sent to them for free raved about how great they were and the damn things never fully set on your lips. I was so excited for them and then when I got mine it was like "Really?"
I don't think I had high expectations for them since I remember the reviews being not so hot when they released.
girlhaha.gif

Vandekamp

I brought this discussion in here. Wow, you must have higher standards than me! Loll! I love the colors, well I don't have MC. These were out well before the whole liquid lipstick craze so the formula is not meant to be like one. Their Suede ones are which you also don't like, lol. I don't like lipsticks that stay on my lips forever that I have to scrub off. I actually like reapplying and touching up throughout the day. So I don't sweat it if one transfers, etc.
I am very particular about liquid matte lipsticks. Some companies have mastered the art of designing a quality lipstick. Others have not. I have tried so many in the last 12 months and I have to say that NYX is underwhelming. Sorry to say. Lime Crime, KVD, LA Splash, Milani, Sephora and Pretty Zombie all get an "A" in my book.

It didn't cost much so no big loss. Have you tried Aria yet?
cheerleader.gif

sagehen

I forgot my mascara today and I could not take folks asking if I was ok at work (I seriously look ill without mascara - thanks mom for the nonexistent lashes!) so, I may have run to Ulta to grab some mascara, and taking home a few NYX Liquid Suedes (Cherry Skies, Kitten Heels, Amethyst) on a whim. I won't confirm this. But I won't deny it. I think the lip suedes are better than the matte lip creams, although I really like a few of those too.

montREALady

I forgot my mascara today and I could not take folks asking if I was ok at work (I seriously look ill without mascara - thanks mom for the nonexistent lashes!) so, I may have run to Ulta to grab some mascara, and taking home a few NYX Liquid Suedes (Cherry Skies, Kitten Heels, Amethyst) on a whim. I won't confirm this. But I won't deny it. I think the lip suedes are better than the matte lip creams, although I really like a few of those too.
Amethyst is such a pretty color.

Btw, Target has this deal going on and today only with the code ESSENTIALS it's 20% off beauty:
$5 gift card with purchase of 3 select NYX items through 11/21/2015
So I got a matte lipstick (Perfect Red), the lip primer (love) and one of their Slide-On eye pencils (love) for about $17 taxes in AND the $5 gift card once they ship.

sullenxriot182

I am excited to try them! I feel like after my disappointment with the Suedes, I'll end up loving these haha. I ordered 3 of them last night from the NYX site because as far as I could tell that's the only place to get them online right now. Although it'll probably take 2 weeks to get to me anyway because they always take forever to ship!

starletta8

Forgive me if this has posted already, but NYX is opening stores!

Spotted promo materials on what will be the store, marked to open in March. Apparently these are NYX's first stores!

starletta8

leonah

in the nordics they are currently closing their stores and their website/webshop because l'oréal took over them. ugh like why..

bunnypoet

Well, apparently there already is a standalone in Toronto: http://cosmeticsmag.com/news/2015/9/preview-first-nyx-store-canada, and going to this site brings up only CA locations: http://stores.nyxcosmetics.com/.

A quick search turned up this blog post: http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2015/11/a-virtual-tour-of-new-nyx-store-in.html

I spotted the March location in VA, and they may be opening one in northern NJ.

Thank you for the great links! None of them are very close to my house, but I may make a mini trek to the one in Arcadia. It would be great to be able to swatch products to my heart's content; NYX is my favorite 'drugstore brand' makeup line by far.

sullenxriot182

Still waiting on the Lingerie shades that I ordered, it says they should be here tomorrow. I ordered them on the 5th so they didn't take as long as they usually do to ship! Still took them 3 days to process the dang order though lol!

sullenxriot182

IMG_2718.JPG
Honeymoon, Corset, and Lace Detail
IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2728.JPG IMG_2731.JPG
Verdict: I like them! Lace Detail applies a little patchy but I think that's because it's so light. The other two are much smoother. They definitely have that moussey consistency when applying them, and they feel like the matte lip creams. They DO set completely matte and kiss proof, unlike the matte suedes, so that was a huge plus for me. However, they get sticky/tacky and that tackiness doesn't go away. I wore Lace Detail all day yesterday and it hardly faded and was hard to get off (had to use an oil based remover to get ti to budge). All in all these are pretty nice and a pretty good price for something that lasts that long on the lips.

Latest posts