OCC lip tars

butterflyeyes

Ditto. I played around with it too and for 5 pencils and a mini 4-pack shipping was $11.53. Such a bummer cuz i wanted 2 pigments that are OCC-exclusive, and I'm not gonna pay outrageous shipping charges for em.
Yeah...the pigments I can wait for IMATS to get...that was always part of the plan, but was hoping to get the pencils (and the new liptars) before then since IMATS isn't until April. Just isn't worth paying the higher shipping with OCC when their discount isn't even the best. Always thought it was odd that Nigel's discount was better than OCC's lol. Guess I can't complain about Nigel's shipping costs anymore though.

smileyt06

Yeah...the pigments I can wait for IMATS to get...that was always part of the plan, but was hoping to get the pencils (and the new liptars) before then since IMATS isn't until April. Just isn't worth paying the higher shipping with OCC when their discount isn't even the best. Always thought it was odd that Nigel's discount was better than OCC's lol. Guess I can't complain about Nigel's shipping costs anymore though.
I personally for some reason did not like the pencils. They looked like either nyx, Mac, or some other pencil. I swatches pool boy and cyan from MAC at IMATS and it looked the same! I would say wait till you get to IMATS to try em

butterflyeyes

In CA usps is an available option and it's $2.50 shipping for one lip pencil and one lip tar
I see what the issue is...USPS is only available if your subtotal is less than a certain amount (I think it's likely around $25...maybe $30). For 2 pencils usps was available to GA for $3.04. Subtotal was $25.60 before shipping. :shrugs: So it looks like if you're spending a lot with them you get forced into more expensive shipping.

butterflyeyes

I personally for some reason did not like the pencils. They looked like either nyx, Mac, or some other pencil. I swatches pool boy and cyan from MAC at IMATS and it looked the same! I would say wait till you get to IMATS to try em
If Nigel's gets it up at the same time as the liptars and it's before IMATS then I'll still probably go with them. Only because the pencils would only be $9.60 and the liptars would be a little over $10...but if they don't get them then I'll get everything at IMATS lol. It would just be great if I could skip the OCC line this year and focus on Lime Crime and SugarPill since they are confirmed for IMATS NY and I imagine that their lines will be insane since NYC has been begging for them to both come lol. I'm really looking forward to grabbing those LC velvetines...especially the new collection.

smileyt06

If Nigel's gets it up at the same time as the liptars and it's before IMATS then I'll still probably go with them. Only because the pencils would only be $9.60 and the liptars would be a little over $10...but if they don't get them then I'll get everything at IMATS lol. It would just be great if I could skip the OCC line this year and focus on Lime Crime and SugarPill since they are confirmed for IMATS NY and I imagine that their lines will be insane since NYC has been begging for them to both come lol. I'm really looking forward to grabbing those LC velvetines...especially the new collection.
True true. That is one thing I wish I would have grab but the new Velvetines were only for show and not look which made me mad because I really would have stood in the 2-3 hour line lol. Have fun and but a lot and have more then 500 it goes quick lol trust me. I spent 650

butterflyeyes

True true. That is one thing I wish I would have grab but the new Velvetines were only for show and not look which made me mad because I really would have stood in the 2-3 hour line lol. Have fun and but a lot and have more then 500 it goes quick lol trust me. I spent 650
Oh I know lol. It's easy to go crazy but I tend to have a list that I stick to for the most part. But I'm coming ready for some serious spending. I honestly can't remember how much I spent last year but there will be several exhibitors that weren't at IMATS NYC last year that I already know will be getting my money. Wayne Goss (I hope he actually comes...love him lol), SugarPill, Lime Crime...MUFE will actually be there and not just the academy....so yeah...I'm ready and already prepared to bring empty luggage for the flight back lol

novocainedreams

I see what the issue is...USPS is only available if your subtotal is less than a certain amount (I think it's likely around $25...maybe $30). For 2 pencils usps was available to GA for $3.04. Subtotal was $25.60 before shipping.
shrugs.gif
So it looks like if you're spending a lot with them you get forced into more expensive shipping.

Yep, that's what I figured too, when I was looking at shipping, had nothing to do with what the items were(light items like pencils versus heavier ones like pigments). Perhaps because they are insuring packages with high totals? Maybe. I don't know, just a guess.

NewChick10

Quote:Originally Posted by luvlydee

Karen has swatches up. Not sure if it was posted. Roller girl will be mine

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/obsessive-compulsive-cosmetics-plastic-passion-spring-2014/

I already own Belladonna and Katricia. I compared Belladonna and Katricia to Roller Girl from Temptalias gallery and addictedtoallthingspretty blog photo and they seem to be a little different but I am not sure because of the lighting. I saw some picture comparisons in this thread and thanks for that. I can't wait to add it to my collection. Katricia, Roller Girl, Belladonna
23mvj38.jpg
http://www.temptalia.com/occ-belladonna-lip-tar-review-photos-swatches http://www.temptalia.com/occ-lip-tars-lip-swatches http://addictedtoallthingspretty.com/occ-lip-tar-review-and-pictures-katricia-hoochie-and-vapid/

butterflyeyes

Nope. I'm waiting for nigels. But i just went online again and it's showing the same thing as yesterday-$11.53 for UPS, with only more expensive shipping alternatives.
Yeah I went and looked and it was the same. Not sure about it being a mistake since you can get the lesser shipping if you're total is in the $25 range :shrugs:

butterflyeyes

Really? I've got 4 loose concentrates in my cart and my shipping is $2.86 :hmm:
It's still basing it on the amount you have in your cart. If I put in 4 LC's then yes, it allows for USPS at $2.86. But if you have a higher total the. USPS isn't an option. Just the UPS options ($13+). The amount isn't clear though. Had to keep playing with it to see when the USPS option disappears...kept adding 1 additional LCC at a time lol. I think around 11 or 12 it disappeared but still isn't making it easy to figure out at what amount the shipping options are limited to UPS. But if you're keeping your order relatively low then you're good it appears.