Ok I want everyone's thoughts! Studio Mist Foundation!

iiifugaziii

Hey everyone. I'm speaking at a counter meeting tomorrow so I'm doing a little research. What do you all think about the new Studio Mist Foundation that's launching in October?
Tell me your thoughts/questions/ideas/yes/no's about the product and why.

Here are some facts on it. 1) it comes in an aerosol form 2) very sheer to buildable medium coverage 3) lightweight/long-wearing flawless look 4). spray onto back of hand first and apply with a brush to the face or spray directly onto sponge/brush and apply to skin 5) comes in 6 colors -light, light med, medium, medium/dark, dark, and deep dark.

thanks!
smiles.gif

Shawna

My question is if it is a spray foundation, why can't it be sprayed directly on the face? Wouldn't that be the advantage to a spray foundation? If it has to be applied with a sponge or brush, I would just stick with normal foundation.

a914butterfly

i think it would be a waste of money and product. if you have to first spray on your hand and then apply on your face, then alot of product and money is wasted and left on your hand.

Aprilrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
My question is if it is a spray foundation, why can't it be sprayed directly on the face? Wouldn't that be the advantage to a spray foundation? If it has to be applied with a sponge or brush, I would just stick with normal foundation.

Yeah it seems kind of odd but I think the reason for it being an aeresol spray is because of the product's formulation - not so much for the novelty of it spraying.

Eemaan

i personally think mac doesnt need another foundation and the foundation in a can thing is just another marketing tool
ssad.gif

you can get buildable flawless coverage with alot of mac foundation, SFF does a great job
cheerleader.gif
will nevertheless still try it out
cutey.gif

and why make any foundation L, thats madness expecially if its perfect for someone!!

Wontpayretail23

I think it sounds messy. And with it being another LE product I think I'm going to pass. I won't lie though I will be checking them out.

cloverette

OFF TOPIC: an MA told me today that the studio mist blush was used for the A MUSE look on on the poster/postcard!

danabanayna

I will be at my counter the day it comes out! I am excited to see if it provides a flawless finish like the ERA foundation does.

a914butterfly

another thing i wanted to mention that i forgot before- 1) since its an aresol spray, wont most people with allergies or respiratory problems such as asthma be affected by it? 2) since its an areosol can im assuming it would be hard to travel with like in your purse? 3) since its in an aresol can, won't it be hard to tell how much is left inside, like when you shake an air freshioner or hairspray can it it feels or sounds full when you shake it, but then you go to use it and its almost empty.

pumpkincat210

I just know someone is going to spray it on their face. and in their eyes :/
Aren't aerosol's bad for the environment too?
I'll probably end up getting both because they really sound nice and i like that the coverage is light and buildable. I'm confused to how everyone is going to fit into those 5 color categories too.

ledonatella

It might be interesting, I'd be all for trying it, although I usually stick with something more for oil control. I'm just afraid it won't be enough coverage, maybe it'll be too sheer for me.

Tonitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledonatella
It might be interesting, I'd be all for trying it, although I usually stick with something more for oil control. I'm just afraid it won't be enough coverage, maybe it'll be too sheer for me.

Ditto! Foundation is a tricky thing for me, and I'm happy with what I have now, which makes me apprehensive to try something new. Although I probably will go check it out, just to see.

ebonyannette

I think it will be at least worth a test.
But your right, I would probably be the person who will spray it right on their face, I would think that if you
spray it on you would get a more airbrushed/flawless finish than with a sponge or 192. So even though its "harmful" I would probably close my eyes tight and not breathe and spray it on, ha ha sorry Im a wierdo!
I still would try it though.

starlight502

i am really excited to try this. Controlling the amount of coverage with less product on my face. i am all for that. I think that the thin amount that you spray on hand/ buff on face is way better than the liquid you try to buff on and get a sheer application of. The fact you won't know how much is left if the can is really a bummer.

Overall i am really excited about this new foundation. Want to know if there is any sunscreen in it. that is my only gripe. wish more foundations came with sun protection.

SMMY

Not to mention that if you check the amount of foundation you will be getting, compared to liquid, cream or powder, I'll bet you will find that it is far more expensive than conventional foundations. I also agree that if you have to use a brush to apply it, it pretty much negates any advantage it would have over conventional foundations again. You're still using a brush to apply it, so why put it in an aerosol can to begin with? Now if you could actually apply it directly from the can, then that might be interesting. For me it's an easy collection to pass up.

anuy

The reason the foundation is in a can in aerosol form is not because having it in a can is 'cool'. it has something to do with the foundation particles being extremely miniscule or something. but nonetheless, NOT a marketing scam. also... when you use a liquid foundation you have to pour it out on your hand so it's not like you're adding a step to your regime...

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuy
The reason the foundation is in a can in aerosol form is not because having it in a can is 'cool'. it has something to do with the foundation particles being extremely miniscule or something. but nonetheless, NOT a marketing scam. also... when you use a liquid foundation you have to pour it out on your hand so it's not like you're adding a step to your regime...

That is exactly my point though. I would think the big selling point of an aerosol foundation would be that you apply directly from the can. If you have to apply it by brush, that defeats the purpose of having an aerosol foundation in the first place. If I have to apply it to my hand first and use a brush, why not just use my regular foundation? That is the point I was trying to make. Unless it's uber-special-different than current foundations, I see absolutely no advantage to purchasing it, especially when oz per oz, I'll be paying much more for it than a conventional foundation. Sorry to be the voice of dissent here.
winks.gif

Latest posts