Ok I want everyone's thoughts! Studio Mist Foundation!

alurabella

I'm hoping this has the potential to be my hg foundation. I still haven't found one. But I'm also hoping I'll have a color match, which seems unlikely...

maxcat

HATED the concept... you can track it on the sticky on this topic... but I saw it at update and died with love... *and* it was totally the wrong color but it still looked *that good* -wore it in sweltering heat and it didn't budge. Didn't want to take it off. I agree the spray thing sounds dippy and someone is gonna spray their face (you can't control the pressure or the flow, that's why this is a bad idea) and the microfine pigment distribution on a brush made *no* sense to me until I saw how flawlessly it worked. So... yeah. Can't say if it's going to work for everyone but I encourage you to try it first.

Shimmer

I am intrigued but not so much I'm counting the days.
smiles.gif

I'm curious as to how truly 'flawless' this can make the skin look, and, is it going to have that reflective quality so many foundations have (whiting the face out in pics)?

Cool Kitten

the color range sounds iffy to me...Like most people won't be able to find a good match.
As for the aerosol- that's pretty harmful for the environment, i'm surprised that MAC would come out with a "true" aerosol spray, maybe a mist spray?

Raerae

I think it sounds neat. I'm def gonna give it a try and see how it compares to my current application technique with SFF. I'm already really good at getting an extremely sheer finish with my SFF that evens out my skin, but doesn't appear as if I'm wearing foundation. So if I'm not seeing much of a difference in coverage, i'll prolly stick to SFF.

Only conscern I have, is that due to the fine mist, am I going to have StudioMist foundation all over my bathroom? I already have that issue with hairspray and everything getting a fine layer of hairspray on it just due to the airborne nature of airisol products. I'd think that would end up being even messier in the long run with hairspray AND foundation misted in my bathroom.

sarzio

I am intrigued by the idea because I always see carmindy off of what not to wear using an aerosol foundation ( I believe by ERA) and it always looks great. I also like that it is light to buildable medium coverage, unlike studio fix fluid which is pretty heavy. I personally think it would be a good idea if M.A.C sold the foundations alongside some petri dishes so you can spray it in there and eliminate some mess...

Also to people who think aerosols are bad for the environment you have a misconception. Aerosols are only bad if they contain CFC's which have been banned in North America and Europe for quite a few years now.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarzio
I also like that it is light to buildable medium coverage, unlike studio fix fluid which is pretty heavy.

Gonna have to disagree with yah on that one
winks.gif
SFF can be as light or as heavy as you want, depending on how you apply.

I know i can get a very light application using a drop about the size of a pea on my impromptu pallette (cap from a lotion bottle, the top is about the size of a silver dollar, and plastic, so makes for a great surface to pour SFF, and it's super easy cleanup.), a 187 brush, and a spritz of Fix+. Then it's just a matter of using the ability of the 187 to lightly apply foundation, and then buff it out to get great light coverage with SFF.

sarzio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
Gonna have to disagree with yah on that one
winks.gif
SFF can be as light or as heavy as you want, depending on how you apply.

I know i can get a very light application using a drop about the size of a pea on my impromptu pallette (cap from a lotion bottle, the top is about the size of a silver dollar, and plastic, so makes for a great surface to pour SFF, and it's super easy cleanup.), a 187 brush, and a spritz of Fix+. Then it's just a matter of using the ability of the 187 to lightly apply foundation, and then buff it out to get great light coverage with SFF.

Yeah I suppose it's all in the application and what brush you use... I was thinking with use with the 190 brush which would make it a bit more difficult to get light coverage...

neotrad

I'd like to know what the texture is like.
If it's liquid or like liquid type, I won't even bother trying it because my skin is allergic to liquid foundations by any brands that I've tried so far including MAC's. Some of the ingredients in them are so mean to my sensitive skin!
ssad.gif

I'm not so excited about this product anyway since I'm so in love with Studio Fix Powder Plus!
smiles.gif

sigwing

My reaction when hearing it was "Why?" and then figured it's just gimmicky packaging. I mean, what kind of difference could there be once you get it on your face? If it's a superior foundation, you can package it in the same bottles/tubes. A lot of sales are made by putting average products in a form or packaging that is what grabs customers. I've even bought very similar shades of eyeshadow or lipstick because of this!

And as far as any kind of "airy" texture or whatnot....remember all the mousse type products? Where'd they go? They're fun to buy and try, but they aren't kept on as staples. The companies that make blush, e/s or whatever in this form do it because it's new & different, they make a ton of sales, then it's gone because it was all for the gimmick of it.

bellaetoile

i haven't put much thought into this product until reading through this thread, but after reading everyone elses ideas, i'm sensing i won't like this. the whole concept sounds complicated and unneccessary. now, complexity in a product isn't always a negative thing, however, in something like foundation, where there are easier, better alternatives, i just don't think this is going to go anywhere, unless it has an exceptional finish, which consumers can't find in any other product. also, the points about the potential messes, and the aerosol mist factor are both strong things to consider, and i think those factors alone could hurt the sales of this stuff. who knows, maybe mac will prove me wrong. but it seems like this, the plushglasses, and some of the rest of the "trendy" products aren't quite doing as well as perhaps they would have hoped. we'll see, time will tell.

user79

I'm looking to buy a new foundation so I'm considering SFF or this one, although will the spray one be avail. in Europe? I guess I'll just have to test it out to see what works. I agree the colours may not work for everyone, usually the lightest shade is too dark or too yellow for me. MAC tends to have a lot of yellow tinged shades in the fair tones so I'm not sure...

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
My reaction when hearing it was "Why?" and then figured it's just gimmicky packaging. I mean, what kind of difference could there be once you get it on your face? If it's a superior foundation, you can package it in the same bottles/tubes. A lot of sales are made by putting average products in a form or packaging that is what grabs customers. I've even bought very similar shades of eyeshadow or lipstick because of this!

And as far as any kind of "airy" texture or whatnot....remember all the mousse type products? Where'd they go? They're fun to buy and try, but they aren't kept on as staples. The companies that make blush, e/s or whatever in this form do it because it's new & different, they make a ton of sales, then it's gone because it was all for the gimmick of it.

Thank you for stating this much better than I did. I kept hearing about micro-fine particles of foundation, but if you spray it on your hand, smush it about with a brush, then apply the brush to your face, the micro-fine particles are now just another liquid foundation that you could easily apply from any standard container. I would be excited if they developed a true aerosol foundation that applies directly to the face, like Diorskin Airflash. If would actually deliver micro-fine droplets of the foundation and eliminate a step in applying my foundation, I would run to MAC to purchase it. As it currently is designed it does seem like a gimmick to me and not worth trying out.

farra712

I was excited about these until I got my postcard and it said sheer to medium buildable coverage. The model obviously had a camoflauge coverage since it completely covered any freckles. I know this is airbrushing and all of that, but that is like saying a lipstick is sheer and the model wearing a very matte red lipstick on the postcard. I thought the point of the postcard was to give the consumer an idea of what the product actually looks like (even though it is always applied in a way most won't be able to achieve without tons of practice). It is very misleading, and I am pretty disappointed from the description, but I will give it a shot when it comes out.

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
My reaction when hearing it was "Why?" and then figured it's just gimmicky packaging. I mean, what kind of difference could there be once you get it on your face? If it's a superior foundation, you can package it in the same bottles/tubes.

from this thread - http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ht=studio+mist

"It is such a fine pigment in the foundation that it has been micronized and the only way to keep it stable is to put it in a aerosol."

I wouldn't want to spray foundation directly on my face anyway. I want to see what I'm doing, and if I'm spraying something on my face, my eyes would be closed. Besides, foundation all over my lashes, brows, lips and hairline? YUCK.

I probably won't buy this, though. Like someone else already brought up, how are you supposed to tell when you're running low?

I'll probably be unhappy with the colors. It might work for sheer coverage, but for anything heavier, I like a better match, which I haven't been able to get from MAC foundations.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur
from this thread - http://www.specktra.net/showthread.p...ht=studio+mist

"It is such a fine pigment in the foundation that it has been micronized and the only way to keep it stable is to put it in a aerosol."

I wouldn't want to spray foundation directly on my face anyway. I want to see what I'm doing, and if I'm spraying something on my face, my eyes would be closed. Besides, foundation all over my lashes, brows, lips and hairline? YUCK.

I probably won't buy this, though. Like someone else already brought up, how are you supposed to tell when you're running low?

I'll probably be unhappy with the colors. It might work for sheer coverage, but for anything heavier, I like a better match, which I haven't been able to get from MAC foundations.

I totally agree with this... You'd have to wash your hair after using it lol...

bottleblack

As long as I can find a workable shade, I'm really excited to try them out! I love buildable coverage and love the way the aerosol foundation looks on the What Not To Wear contestants. If it doesn't work out I won't be heartbroken though - I'm still loving my mineral foundation.

sigwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlaur

I've wondered about applying spray to my face, too...like, getting it on my eyelashes and hairline, etc., like you say. But as pointed out, you spray it on your hand then blend it onto your face. So I find it hard to believe the only way for it to be dispensed is by spraying. It's all gimmick!
smiles.gif
Like all the products that have come out that don't just come out of a bottle, it combines 2 separate sides of a bottle that you then combine to get a "more powerful" cleanser/lotion/rug cleaner.

Plus, I'm wondering about people getting mad at clogged nozzles after several uses!