OPI Texas collection for Spring '11!

Caderas

I haven't seen anything about this here on Specktra, so I thought I'd pass the word for nail polish junkies everywhere! I was reading up on Lushious Beauty's blog today and came across her recent post on OPI's Texas collection for Spring!

Here are the color descriptions:

• Don’t Mess With OPI - A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green
  • Austin-Tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green
  • It’s Totally Fort-Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you
  • Do You Think I’m Tex-y? A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia
  • Big Hair…Big Nails – A rosy pageant peach
  • I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue
  • Houston We Have A Purple – A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket-roll”!
  • Suzi Loves Cowboys – But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
  • They are so-Tonio - The "Honey" of a Gallon has so!
  • Too Hot Pink To Hold ‘Em – A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand
  • Guy Meets Gal-veston – An “engaging” coastal coral. A very orange pink
  • Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!

Seems like OPI's trying to have the last word on country collections with China Glaze, *cough* Rodeo Diva collection. What do you guys think?

hilaryrose

Well I'm a sucker for anything themed southern!
I'll probably be picking up

• Don't Mess With OPI
  • Suzi Loves Cowboys
  • Big Hair, Big Nails
  • They Are So-Tonio
  • It’s Totally Fort-Worth It

greengrin.gif

kaliraksha

They also all look a little bleh and not unique to me... but the bottle is always deceiving. I'll wait for the swatches. I'm kinda sad they don't have like a burnt orange for UT. I can't help but think of Texas without thinking of Austin and UT as part of Austin. It would have been such a definitive color.

NatalieMT

I very much like Too Hot Pink To Hold ‘Em and Guy Meets Gal-veston, but the rest don't really excite me. Having said that the two I do like aren't exactly out of this world!

LMD84

the names are cute however none of the colours are calling out to me... yet! thanks for the info!
smiles.gif
great find!

Caderas

Yeah, I was also kind of surprised not to see a UT orange in there somewhere! But, I guess that could be seen as OPI playing favors and it could "make them lose sales" type thing! I hope the Austin-tacious Turquoise will be something special enough to buy since my boy is from Austin!
greengrin.gif

I'm guessing they made it something different from the collection with all the sparkles since Austin is known for it's variety of people, haha.

Curly1908

They also all look a little bleh and not unique to me... but the bottle is always deceiving. I'll wait for the swatches. I'm kinda sad they don't have like a burnt orange for UT. I can't help but think of Texas without thinking of Austin and UT as part of Austin. It would have been such a definitive color.

You do realize that OPI would have to get permission (as well as share profits) in order to name a polish after a college/football team?

blondemafia76

ITRA about the burnt orange! And Crimson for A&M... but I like Houston we have a Purple, since I live here.
smiles.gif

pinkita

i like:

Do You Think I’m Tex-y?
Houston We Have A Purple

but i think it´s the same colours of past collections..

Chester

I don't know what to make of the Texas theme, I don't have any ties to it. But three polishes are at least calling my name.
blush-anim-cl.gif

• Guy Meets Gal-veston
  • San Tan-Tonio
  • It's Totally Forth Worth-It

I'm looking forward to nail swatches.

Chester

he is so cute!! -->
tumbleweed.gif

kaliraksha

Oh yeah, of course. However plenty of merchants obviously use the college inspired color and all I really want is the color and their own play on words for a cute name. Ah well, maybe next time.

You do realize that OPI would have to get permission (as well as share profits) in order to name a polish after a college/football team?

nychick1384

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I guess I'll just have to wait and see some swatches when the time is closer.

Curly1908

I just realized that you and I have the exact same list!
tong.gif

I don't know what to make of the Texas theme, I don't have any ties to it. But three polishes are at least calling my name.
blush-anim-cl.gif

• Guy Meets Gal-veston
  • San Tan-Tonio
  • It's Totally Forth Worth-It

I'm looking forward to nail swatches.

Chester

he is so cute!! -->
tumbleweed.gif

Latest posts