PAINTERLY, IN 3D, SMOKE SIGNALS, and BLUE STORM!!!! FALL 2007

TRUEFASHIONISTA

*sqeals in excitement*
clap.gif

hb21

I'm excited about the ablaze blusher, I love petalpoint from Strange hybrid so can't wait to try another frost one! A couple of the 3D glasses also sound good, other than that these collections aren't really for me. That's a good thing though, bank balance wise!

V2LUCKY

So these are for sure release dates? for the US? Damn! I thought most of these were out in September?!

But Blue Storm sounds right up my alley, I can't wait to see pics of everything!

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky
maybe the kohl power = kohl + powerpoint?

Yup. You're correct. They are LUXURIOUS and sexy! Love 'em. They are nice and smudgy and great for the smoky eye look. And by the way, they are really good if I'm saying that, because I loathe powerpoints.
smiles.gif

Mystery looks like a pencil version of Club, but a bit darker. It's AMAZING.

claresauntie

OK, ladies, I'm a true MAC junkie and I usually like a few things from each collection, to be honest, but I can't even tell you how much these upcoming collections are going to blow your mind!

Wrangle some gift cards and save your pennies, ladies, because it seems to me "the old MAC" is back!

Colors are strong in each of the collections, the matte2 colors will knock you over, and the new matte lipsticks ("Mattene") are packaged like the slimshines and, get this: ARE GOING TO SOFTEN YOUR LIPS OVER TIME! That's right! They aren't drying. Can you stand it!?! They're packaged like the slimshines, but in a matte tube rather than a shiny one (makes sense, huh?).

The Painterly paint pots are great. The mouth of the jar is wider than fluidlines, so you can easily get your brush in. The consistency of them is lovely, and they are described as creamier than paints with a little slower dry-time, and more opaque than fluidlines. I think my new go-to color for shadow base is going to be Painterly, which is like a mix of Bare Canvas and Base Light.

MACHOMULA

I had to work all weekend.
ssad.gif
However, the thoughts of all these goregous new colors absolutely kept me afloat! Thanks so much for sharing!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMantas
Most of these sounds positively amazing, but 3d sounds really disappointing to me from the descriptions. Maybe they'll be more exciting in person, but Algorithm is the only one I'm even slightly interested in. They could have promoted a few more darker colors too!

I hear it, lip gloss is only so cool, esp. because diff. in colors is so sublte oftentimes. I just can't get that reveved up about lip gloss. But eye shadows, blushes, pigments and liners, and the like, well that is a whole other story!

When are the Matte2's being released?

charismaticlime

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Bizaarish lipglass (burgundy with pearl) from the upcoming Smoke Signal collection sounds more like the repromote Bazaar-ish lipglass (off-beat burgundy with pearl) from the Bombay Dreams collection of 04?

shadowaddict

Colors are strong in each of the collections, the matte2 colors will knock you over, and the new matte lipsticks ("Mattene") are packaged like the slimshines and, get this: ARE GOING TO SOFTEN YOUR LIPS OVER TIME! That's right! They aren't drying. Can you stand it!?! They're packaged like the slimshines, but in a matte tube rather than a shiny one (makes sense, huh?).

OMG, I'm so excited. I just bought a few new l/s from Moonbathe but no more lippies for me until these come out. I loved the Slimshine tubes but the m/a said there was like no color payoff or staying power so I skipped them. But I think I will deff be making up for it in these.
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

claresauntie

You skipped the Slimshines!? Oh, wow. I know some of the MAs didn't like them, but we loved them! I really was loving the great colors and the shine and feel of them. Sooooo pretty and perfect for Spring. I hope they make them perm. Our customers bought them like hotcakes!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
Colors are strong in each of the collections, the matte2 colors will knock you over

Thanks for all the info. Will the matte2 colors all be bright and/or dark like the ones in the Pro Line extension or will there be some lighter and mid-tone colors as well? Will the matte2 colors be LE or perm?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
You skipped the Slimshines!? Oh, wow. I know some of the MAs didn't like them, but we loved them! I really was loving the great colors and the shine and feel of them. Sooooo pretty and perfect for Spring. I hope they make them perm. Our customers bought them like hotcakes!

I thought they were being made permenant?

karinaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I thought they were being made permenant?

they are, but not all of them, from what ive heard.

Bernadette

Ah I can't wait to go to update and see the new stuff. I'm the last one to go at my counter and I don't get to go until like the 18th
ssad.gif

shadowaddict

Quote:

hmm.gif
I will have to check them out then. When I asked the m/a she was just so down about them I just started checking out the other stuff. Most MAC m/a's are really helpful and make suggestions to you, you know of course they want to make a sell. But instead of the usual "oh this would look great on you or you really should try such and such" she was just so not into selling me any Slimshines or other stuff for that matter. I don't like sales people to be pushy but I do like suggestions especially with cosmetics because they are trained and I'm not so I appreciate their help. If I was her boss I would have been none too happy about watching her lose a sell on a new product. And I was so ready to buy, I was in the MAC mood. I even told her how much I loved the packaging and all, oh well her loss. I guess someone else will get my purchase instead.

kuuipo1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrostars
What is 3d glass supposed to be?!

This guy on youtube went to MAC Update and kinda talked about what 3D glass is...personally from his description and enthusiasm about it, I'm excited about it...but I'm excited about all the collections that are coming out. The only about the video is that it cut out right after he talked about 3D so he didn't get to post a video talking about everything. But anyhoo, here's the link to his video about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3y3ijWQaEw

Personally though, even though I'm bummed about so much stuff coming out all at once, I'm just worried about buying the stuff that's LE. I figure the stuff that's permanent I can wait to buy if I like it or not. That's just my logic. BUt I still am getting antsy!!

Danapotter

OH MY GOODNESS! Sorry, I am shouting! This is so exciting. I am definatly getting all the shadows from Blue Storm!

And, what are paint pots? Eyeshadows? Or paint in pots? Thanks!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif