Paris out of jail... already???

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Luna*

Paris was released from jail this morning and put on house arrest due to "medical reasons". What do YOU think that medical reason is???

It makes me sick that she had all these interviews at the MTV awards talking about how she is strong and a "regular person" and she will come out of there even stronger and blah blah bullshit. BITCH... You didn't even last a week!

Your thoughts please.

Raerae

And She's Out!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070607/...v/paris_hilton

Quote:
Paris Hilton released from LA jail early

By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press Writer
12 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was released from a Los Angeles County jail early Thursday because of an unspecified medical problem and will fulfill the remainder of her sentence for probation violation in home confinement, a sheriff's spokesman said.

The 26-year-old hotel heiress was sent home shortly after 2 a.m. wearing an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet, sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said.

Hilton was sentenced to 45 days for violating her probation in a reckless driving case, but had been expected to serve 23 days in jail because of state rules allowing shorter sentences for good behavior.

She ended up spending three full days at the all-women's facility in Lynwood, but because she checked in late Sunday and left early Thursday, authorities credited her with five days of time served. She'll be confined to her Hollywood Hills home for 40 days.

"I can't specifically talk about the medical situation other than to say that yes, it played a part in this," Whitmore said.

Hutton didn't immediately return calls seeking comment Thursday. Nor did her publicist, Elliot Mintz.

Whitmore refused to answer questions from reporters when asked if the medical condition was physical or psychological. He said it was not a staph infection. The jail provided Hilton with a pamphlet on the skin infection when she checked in.

The conditions of Hilton's home confinement were not immediately disclosed. Whitmore referred all questions to the L.A. County Probation Department. Messages left for the person handling media calls weren't immediately returned.

Hilton had surrendered to authorities with little fanfare late Sunday after a surprise appearance at the MTV Movie Awards, where she worked the red carpet in a strapless designer gown.

"I am trying to be strong right now," she told reporters at the time. "I'm ready to face my sentence. Even though this is a really hard time, I have my family, my friends and my fans to support me, and that's really helpful."

Hilton was housed in the "special needs" unit of the 13-year-old jail, separate from most of its 2,200 inmates. The unit contains 12 two-person cells reserved for police officers, public officials, celebrities and other high-profile inmates. She didn't have a cellmate.

Hilton's lawyer, Richard A. Hutton, said Monday after his client's first night in jail that she was doing well under the circumstances.

"She's using this time to reflect on her life, to see what she can do to make the world better and hopefully, in my opinion, to change the attitudes that exist about her among many people," Hutton said after visiting Hilton.

When Hilton was sentenced May 4, Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ruled she would not be allowed any work release, furloughs or use of an alternative jail or electronic monitoring in lieu of jail.

Whitmore said Thursday that Sauer "was consulted and he was advised."

Officers arrested Hilton in Hollywood on Sept. 7. In January, she pleaded no contest to the reckless-driving charge and was sentenced to 36 months' probation, alcohol education and $1,500 in fines.

She was pulled over by California Highway Patrol on Jan. 15. Officers informed Hilton she was driving on a suspended license and she signed a document acknowledging she was not to drive. She then was pulled over by sheriff's deputies on Feb. 27, at which time she was charged with violating probation.

5 days... More than I thought she would spend. She's on house arrest where she belongs though.

Ms. Z

Realy? I read earlier today (People on line) that she has been crying for two days and had a visit from her Psychiatrist.
hmm.gif

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luna*
Paris was released from jail this morning and put on house arrest due to "medical reasons". What do YOU think that medical reason is???

It makes me sick that she had all these interviews at the MTV awards talking about how she is strong and a "regular person" and she will come out of there even stronger and blah blah bullshit. BITCH... You didn't even last a week!

Your thoughts please.

I didn't see this thread and started it in the Entertainment Section.

I think she's on house arrest where she belongs. Serving the full sentence.

*Luna*

But "regular" people have issues too and I'm certain they are still in jail. I don't think 40 days of house arrest in your MANSION in the hills is punishment at all... regardless of how much you cry.

*Luna*

I agree Raerae, she should be serving the FULL SENTENCE but I don't think her mansion is the right place for it.

Raerae

Quote:
But "regular" people have issues too and I'm certain they are still in jail. I don't think 40 days of house arrest in your MANSION in the hills is punishment at all... regardless of how much you cry.

For a person who thrives on the attention of others, and crowds, and photo's, where the serves the sentence, be it in a cell, or shut up in her house, it's the same. I also hope they make her go on alcohol probation for 90 days with a monitoring bracelet after she's off house arrest.

House arrest is house arrest. Just because she lives in a bigger house than you or I do, doesn't make it any less of a pain. Not to mention having to constantly check in with a probation officer, and other fun things that go along with being on houe arrest. I know the friends that I had that were on hous arrest after DUI's were misrible. Since all their friends were going downtown haveing a good time, and they had to miss out on it every time because of their ankle bracelet.

Her mansion probably isn't that special to her. Or wherever she's living right now (I thought she had a beverly hills apartment). Just like anything you have every day, you get used to it.

Lissa

Quote:
I agree Raerae, she should be serving the FULL SENTENCE but I don't think her mansion is the right place for it.

I agree.

Jade

Oooh, serving her sentence in her mansion, with a big screen TV, state of the art entertainment center, cell phone, i pod, good food, clean bathroom, visitors whenever she wants,a huge comfy bed, designer clothes,her pets..wow, she's roughing it. I feel bad for her, that must be awful. She's a wimp, I knew she'd cop out with some medical excuse or something. She can't handle the real world.

MAC_Whore

Re: And She's Out!

What a punishment. House arrest. Good Lord.

Hmmmm...how can we really punish Paris? I know what would be totally cruel. Let's force her to spend 40 days in her maaaaansion. Riiiiiight.

Makes me wish I was on house arrest.

Possible medical ailments:

+Withdrawal syndrome from a lack of Mystic Tan
+Withdrawal syndrome from a lack of paparazzi
+Withdrawal syndrome from a lack of hair extension glue
+Withdrawal syndrome from a lack of attention
+Withdrawal syndrome from a lack of IQ - Wait, she already had that.

Sorry for being a bit of a catty rag, but I am sick of her, the attention she somehow garners, and the obviously special treatment. Yack.

*Luna*

Good point Raerae... I think they should put one of those breathalizer (sp?) things in her car that she has to blow in before it will start. Yes there are ways around them but how emabarassing.

I also get your point about her being "stuck" no matter where she is but there are a lot of differences... food, privacy, no guard standing in front of your cell watching everything you do, having family around, being able to be in the comfort of your own home just because you wanted to cry about being in jail I just don't think is fair. Yes you get used to your home and maybe it isn't special to her anymore but that was the beauty of her going to jail. She needed to be taken down a peg or 2 thinking that she can do anything and get away with it. It's not fair for anyone to get speical treatment, regardless of who they are... celebrety or not, rules are rules and this is just another way to show that our justice system isn't the greatest.

Jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
Realy? I read earlier today (People on line) that she has been crying for two days and had a visit from her Psychiatrist.
hmm.gif

that's so fake, she was more than likely, purposely crying so she could get out of there. It was too much for her. Lol, she can't even serve 23 days of prison. 25 years old and crying to get out of something!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I agree... her Mansion is probably "Old hat" to her , Just as if you or I got house arrest and had to be stuck in our places for a month. I mean honestly.. Have you ever been stuck at home for just a day or two? .. I haven't been able to walk and I have been at home for days in a row without as much as going in the backyard. it sucks . She has been seeing her psychiatrist for over a year I believe. and who wouldn't need one when you have people judging your every move and blasting you for it. Especially when its stuff that you or I do every day, in a slightly less glamorous way.Our embarrassing mishaps just don't get caught on camera and slathered all over rag mags. Shes Famous because people absolutely LOVE to Hate her. Its the people who loathe her that keep her fame alive. I dont love her, Nor hate her. She is just another average celeb in my mind.

*Luna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I agree... her Mansion is probably "Old hat" to her , Just as if you or I got house arrest and had to be stuck in our places for a month. I mean honestly.. Have you ever been stuck at home for just a day or two? .. I haven't been able to walk and I have been at home for days in a row without as much as going in the backyard. it sucks . She has been seeing her psychiatrist for over a year I believe. and who wouldn't need one when you have people judging your every move and blasting you for it. Especially when its stuff that you or I do every day, in a slightly less glamorous way.Our embarrassing mishaps just don't get caught on camera and slathered all over rag mags. Shes Famous because people absolutely LOVE to Hate her. Its the people who loathe her that keep her fame alive. I dont love her, Nor hate her. She is just another average celeb in my mind.

True but lets honestly weigh this out... be stuck in an 8x8 cell for 23 hours a day... or be stuck in my 3bd 2ba 1100 sq ft home where i have freedome to move about within my home and at least go out doors to my back or front yard any time I want? Much less severe a punishment, still sucks yes but fair NO. If that were me I would have had to serve my time and shut up about it. She should have the same punishment that your or I would have... JAIL TIME.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Actually the most common sentence for Probation Violation is a short house arrest. Sometimes just a slap on the wrist.

Beauty Mark

The whole thing reeked of a publicity stunt, honestly. It doesn't surprise me she's out.

While her mansion may be "old hat" to her, being under house arrest reminds me of how ineffective grounding a kid to his or her room is if they have a great room to begin with. The lack of freedom sucks, but if they get nothing else taken away, it really isn't that bad.

And just because she's inside her house or apartment doesn't mean she's going to get any less attention. I don't know about you all, but there was a huge increase in news stuff about Paris when we couldn't even see her. People who don't read the gossip blotters were probably bombarded with more Paris than they had been since her sex tape release. That's why I honestly think it was a publicity stunt.

Showgirl

My thought is, "what has she learned from this?". Nothing. "Will she do it again?" oh, probably.

While I do kinda sympathise that her time inside would have been a pretty hard experience, but to serve three days and then get nothing sent home really is a waste of time. It is reinforcing the opinion I believe she has that her wealth places her above everyone else, and the law doesn't apply to her.

She not only got busted and got off light, but THEN got caught ignoring the terms of her probation.... she has no respect for the law or for public safety.... and there might be somebody's kid out on the road next time that idiot drives dangerously or drunkenly....

Ms. Z

She's getting off easy; house arrest is a breeze compared to being in an actual jail cell. I live in a small apartment w/just the basics (I don't even have cable) and I would prefer to be locked up at home (eating what I want, wearing what I want, watching TV, speaking w/people on the phone, etc...) than to be in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts