Parrot is being re-released!!!

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I can see Lightscapade becoming very hard to come by in the future. It sold out way before Glissade, and I waited on getting my MSF from Danse simply because I could and because I had no idea that people were SO into MAC (this is pre-Specktra). I also wish MAC would rerelease So Ceylon and Metal Rock. Of the MSFs that I missed, those two are the ones I want most. Oh, and Gold Deposit. Afterall, how many light glittery/shimmery golds can MAC make? I know collectors really want Pleasureflush, but if I see one more, light pink, pastel in the vein of Porcelin Pink, Pleasureflush, or Lightscapade, I will scream. There is just now way for deeper skintones to wear those (unless we use it as a shadow).

I do agree, and I'm pretty fair skinned. I would love to see some more deeply colorful (as in not just bronze) msfs released. I don't have So Ceylon, but do have Metal Rock. The pigmentation and texture of this is to die for. I use it as eye shadow, because it's such a rich warm chocolate shade. I hope they release some new colors along those lines come the end of the year. Also hope they improve the pigmentation and the finish of these as well. I'd certainly be willing to pay more for these if they had the original msfs quality. I'm actually skipping the msfs in current release, because the older ones have spoiled me.
tong.gif

calbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
and if she was drawing the face charts wouldnt she know what the collection was at least called?

In regards to this part - a location is chosen to do face charts to put in the update book , often with just the working names of the products (no collection names or launch dates or really any information). So it is a possibility for her to have the products and no other info.

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo
ITA, I want Metal Rock, Stereo Rose, Gold Deposit, and yes New Vegas

new vegas is comming back with the mcqueen line this fall

PeaceLoveVogue

Well do you even know WHEN it's being released? Who knows she could have just had a backup for something..I dunno.

I'd like to know more details on this.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
new vegas is comming back with the mcqueen line this fall

Ah yes, and I'm frickin' stoked because this collection looks fantastic. But, will New Vegas be the same New Vegas that was released previously. My New Vegas is soft and silky, and has minimal, if any, glitter. I agree with the previous posters that the quality and texture of MSF's have gone drastically downhill with the last several releases. The texture of the old MSF's, Stereo Rose, New Vegas, Metal Rock, as well as pigmentation, is pretty fantastic. Some aren't the greatest like Gold Deposit.

I just hope the new New Vegas lives up to it's predecessor, cause I'd love a backup! It's heaven on darker skinned girls!

syrene78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebs
I know what you said in your post, that it was going to be part of a limited edition line, but for her to be talking of part of the pro line to be limited makes me feel like she doesnt know what she is talking about, I've talked to MA's at my own prostore the one in LA as well and they said none of the pro line is going to be limited

so I dont believe the what your ma is saying is all *shrugs* whats so hard to understand about that. and if she was drawing the face charts wouldnt she know what the collection was at least called?

but anyways that was off topic I wont believe it until I see it.

Actually, she knew the name of the collection and I saw it but I am bad and can't remember it for sure.
It was called something like Ladies Something.

She had several other products, I believe for several different collection: the pigments were not used on the face charts and there were a lot more eye shadows as well.

claresauntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveVogue
Well do you even know WHEN it's being released? Who knows she could have just had a backup for something..I dunno.

I'd like to know more details on this.

I don't have details on the release of Parrot, but maybe I can explain a bit about the MAC process...?

MAC creates face charts for almost every collection it releases. These face charts are actually done by folks who work in stores and by the national artists. These "official" face charts (AKA "looks") are created well in-advance of release, so they are ready for the books we artists get in our Updates (prior to the releases of the upcoming season). Remember, the cosmetics industry just like the fashion industry, works well in advance of the actual season, so MAC is always working on things consumers (and artists!) won't see for months and months.

As MAC develops colors, they give items "working names" that are sometimes comparing the color to a previously released color because it's reminiscent of that earlier color (for example, something might be named "Syrup 2" because it's somewhat similar to the lipstick of that name), or they are given a new name. Of course, if they are re-releasing a color + formula exactly, one that was out before (say, New Vegas), they will just call it by the original name. The products are usually renamed at the time of release (unless they are repromotes/reintroductions).

So, since the "looks" have to be created before most artists know anything about a collection, the artists tasked with creating them are given products with working names along with minimal info on the release (for example, maybe they are told "Spring will be all about bright colors and shimmer") and are asked to make the charts.

So, according to this artist (from what I'm interpreting here), she knows Parrot is being re-released because she's got in in her product pile for her "looks" she's creating. But she probably doesn't know too much else.

HTHS.

jennzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I think at some point MAC probably will rerelease the color. They have rereleased Moth Brown, Endless Love and Showstopper as well as various MSF's. I think Parrot and Lucky Green will be making encores at some point (perhaps reincarnated with differet names), but who knows when...

ohhh i heart lucky green!!!! i bought it back in 04/05 forget which yr probably 05... all i remember is that i was in gr.12 and i've been so worried about finishing it, i've been using it little by little. but i hope they bring lucky green because i'll for sure buy 2 and just wear it everyday!!!!

i googled up parrot. its a pretty colour

melliquor

I have parrot and love it. If it comes out again, I will def buy a few more for backups. I see Parrot becoming HG for me like my beloved Mothbrown.

allthatglamour

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie
I don't have details on the release of Parrot, but maybe I can explain a bit about the MAC process...?

MAC creates face charts for almost every collection it releases. These face charts are actually done by folks who work in stores and by the national artists. These "official" face charts (AKA "looks") are created well in-advance of release, so they are ready for the books we artists get in our Updates (prior to the releases of the upcoming season). Remember, the cosmetics industry just like the fashion industry, works well in advance of the actual season, so MAC is always working on things consumers (and artists!) won't see for months and months.

As MAC develops colors, they give items "working names" that are sometimes comparing the color to a previously released color because it's reminiscent of that earlier color (for example, something might be named "Syrup 2" because it's somewhat similar to the lipstick of that name), or they are given a new name. Of course, if they are re-releasing a color + formula exactly, one that was out before (say, New Vegas), they will just call it by the original name. The products are usually renamed at the time of release (unless they are repromotes/reintroductions).

So, since the "looks" have to be created before most artists know anything about a collection, the artists tasked with creating them are given products with working names along with minimal info on the release (for example, maybe they are told "Spring will be all about bright colors and shimmer") and are asked to make the charts.

So, according to this artist (from what I'm interpreting here), she knows Parrot is being re-released because she's got in in her product pile for her "looks" she's creating. But she probably doesn't know too much else.

HTHS.

I suspect this is completely correct. The fashion industry works the same way, as mentioned.

Let's keep our fingers crossed

syrene78

I am aware of that for being in the fashion buisiness myself in the past.
However, I own Parrot and did see it with my own eyes.
It wasn't her e/s either (I asked) but the new one that would be released.
I don't work for MAC and haven't been to the MAC Pro in a while, since on vacation, but I will ask to my friend who used to work there and got promoted to see if he knows more.
Will keep you updated.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by claresauntie

HTHS.

Ms. Z

Last Thursday I asked the MA about Parrot and she said she remembers seeing it when they were doing the face charts; she couldn't remember with which collection it would be released, she looked in the book & could not find it. I asked if it’s possible that it would be in the Holiday collection and she said yes.

Lets hope that it is at least in one of the palettes.

P.S. I also asked my MA at Macy's and she said she doesn't know (which is typical of her because she rarely knows anything about the collection she is selling at that time).

Wontpayretail23

Well lets hope if it is re-released its not some tiny color in a holiday palette, it's something you can by alone. Let's also hope it's not a new formulation like Kitchmas re-release was that was not as the 1st release.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
I have parrot and love it. If it comes out again, I will def buy a few more for backups. I see Parrot becoming HG for me like my beloved Mothbrown.

I have both, and while Parrot's a gorgeous color, it's not worth the hype people have created for it. :/

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontpayretail23
Well lets hope if it is re-released its not some tiny color in a holiday palette, it's something you can by alone. Let's also hope it's not a new formulation like Kitchmas re-release was that was not as the 1st release.

LOL, I know! Who does MAC think they are fooling with that tiny strip of eye shadow that I can't even fit a decent brush into?

syrene78

A little update.
smiles.gif

Went to the MAC PRO yesterday and several MAs confirmed me this time that Parrot is coming back.
cheerleader.gif

Probably not under its really name though and limited again.
ssad.gif

It should be released after the holidays, such as the Danse collection was last year.
A more possible date is Jan-Feb. 2007 but nothing is set yet since the MAs haven't been to the new quaterly update yet and don't know the exact dates.
They told me that it could be released as part as a new collection called "Fabby" (not sure about the spelling).
Fabby is a MAC collection based on a Japanes Designer.
Remember Y & Kei?
Parrot could come out in either a pot, a palette or a quad...
Personally, I would hope for the e/s pot and not small palette!
Will let you know when I know more, after they go for update, at the end of Oct.