Patternmaker (Nordstrom Exclusive) July 2006 [Color story & Pictures]

MACgirl

the lipglasses are awsome, pinkular is stand out, the fluidline's are so colorich and they all seem like matte fluidlines but they have a little sparkle to them..veryyy nice, delineate is def back up worthy.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteventherain
I totally agree. All I'm really looking forward to is the crimson fluidline. everything else looks like images from a really bad trip IMHO lol

HAHAHAHA

That is a good way to put it!

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
the lipglasses are awsome, pinkular is stand out, the fluidline's are so colorich and they all seem like matte fluidlines but they have a little sparkle to them..veryyy nice, delineate is def back up worthy.

How does the dark brown one compare with nightfish- do you know?

MACgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorqueen
How does the dark brown one compare with nightfish- do you know?

they couldnt be anymore different, its closer to dipdown except has more vibrance and pigment plus it has eeeny little shimmers, at least thats how it looked it my update book when i swatched it. it is a dark brown but not so dark that it can compare to nightfish.

toby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
they couldnt be anymore different, its closer to dipdown except has more vibrance and pigment plus it has eeeny little shimmers, at least thats how it looked it my update book when i swatched it. it is a dark brown but not so dark that it can compare to nightfish.

Hmm any idea how it compaes to BB Chocolate Shimmer Gel liner?

ferrarihotbabe

Girls, probably I sounds BaD but just wanna tell you that when I was in MAC two hours ago to get She Shines piggies, MA showed me all the lip platettes and those two e/s platettes from PatternMaker. She told me that it's not launched YET but I can get them if I want to.

She's hiding all those staffs under the table, FYI
greengrin.gif

But yea, didn't get those patternmaker staffs as it's not looking too appealing..

Lastly gals, the MAC retail that I went to, is in Malaysia. So if they already have it here, you can probably haunt them down in US/UK too... Good Luck Hunting..
smiles.gif

ette

I don't know about the packaging, it is pretty ugly, but I'll probably end up buying a few things.

AudreyNicole

My counter had samples of the insides of the lip palettes and shadow palettes. I was not impressed really. I am glad that I saw them that way, because I probably would have caved and bought them because of the packaging. I really do want two of the fluidlines though, and I am planning to preorder them next payday sight unseen. I may pick up a lipglass or two and maybe a blush, but the lip palettes and eye palettes I can do without.

ralenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I really do want two of the fluidlines though, and I am planning to preorder them next payday sight unseen. I may pick up a lipglass or two and maybe a blush, but the lip palettes and eye palettes I can do without.

I lust for the fluidlines. Especially the Crimson one.

geeko

imo the eye palette looks better in real life than in pictures...i just bought the warm and cool eye palette today and i love the packaging

Classic Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnatic
imo the eye palette looks better in real life than in pictures...i just bought the warm and cool eye palette today and i love the packaging

Pictures?
smiles.gif

mzcelaneous

2 questions:

Are these Iridescent powders shimmery? And do the Iridescent pressed powders serve the same purpose as the Beauty powders? TIA
smiles.gif

MACtress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Nordstrom is pre selling the collection right now. It won't be on their counters until 7.15.06.

Hi...i went on nordstrom.com and i cant seem to find it help!

lianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzcelaneous
2 questions:

Are these Iridescent powders shimmery? And do the Iridescent pressed powders serve the same purpose as the Beauty powders? TIA
smiles.gif

Yup they're shimmery all right, that's their main purpose actually. And they are sort of like beauty powders except not as versatile perhaps, because of all the shimmer. For example, most of the beauty powders (with the possible exception of the recent Sundressing ones, cos they're shimmery too) can be used all over the face to correct or to contour, instead of just adding colour.

I think IPPs can mostly be used as highlighters, blush, e/s even or just for some body shimmer.

pugmommy7

ok, my nordies got the preview testers yesterday and I got to be the first one to lay my little hands on them
graucho.gif
eyelove.gif

I am a brown haired blue eyed cool toned woman, but to my surprise the warm eye palette was far better for me.
The Tan lips pallette outshone the pinks for me as well.
the whole display was gorgeous! I preordered those two but now wish I had preordered the brush set as well(the one with the foundation brush etc) It included a lot of brushes I do not have and honestly My experince with SE brush kits has been every bit as good as full sized counterparts
smiles.gif

So i may call and ask my mua to add it to my order
smiles.gif

The case is supercute as well.
they did not have the lipglasses nor the fluidlines, so I am under the impression that they will be released in a staggered manner such as sundressing.
i am digging the nuetral lippis. it has been a long time for me. I am pinked out at the moment
smiles.gif
and the dark late 90's glossy lip is a perennial fave for me anyway
smiles.gif
gotta let a little goth out every now and then
winks.gif

So now when I get home from the beach, hopefully these goodies will be waiting for me
smiles.gif
The mua was even nice enough to give me 2 posters! (to drool over in the meantime
smiles.gif

Latest posts