Perfect nude lips for NW 40-55

Tiifa

Thought i'd repost on this board as it might be more more relevant...had originally posted on the recs board.
Hi I'm new
wavey.gif
and this is my first post, woo-hoo
cheerleader.gif

I'd like to know everyone's favourite products to achieve the perfect nude lip look to counter bright or dark smokey eye makeup. I kinda wanna try the JLo-Nicole Ritchie- Angelina Jolie- style look. Not too glossy...not too matte...just perfectly natural-looking puckers. Suggestions ladies?

For reference I'm Mac NW45 - Aveda Hickory

Cheers!!!
heart2.gif

User49

Hello! I'm new too! I am NW15, but I love Myth lipstick. It's very pale and I reckon it would work for anyone! It works really good with wildly lush lipglass! I also sometimes just use a concealer and clear lipgloss! Hope that helps!

Nikki_L

depends on your complexion. i am dark-skinned, so shock-o-late lipglass looks like a perfect nude on me. i don't use a pencil.

greatscott2000

Welcome!

I'm NW45 and I love Instinctive l/s.. its from the untamed collection. NARS Butterfield 8 is a good nude too.

beauty_marked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
The number one nude lip color is Chai Lipglass. It's the perfect nude color!!

really? One of my roomates has that lipgloss, because she purchased it by accident. and i tried it and it looked very unflattering. Do you use other l/g, l/s, l/l with it? Im very interested!!

CaramelKiss

I got Honeyflower l/s today with my Back to MAC. It's the perfect nude for my NC50 complexion. I love it.

LatinaRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
subcultured lippencil, spite , florabundance or c-thru gloss
smiles.gif

^I think "C-thru" has a tendency to look chalky on dark skin. I'm NW40 at my darkest and it never looks right on me. For really nude lips, I put concealer on and follow with Spring Bean l/g.

http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=66410

I'm wearing that combo in the first pic in that thread.

semtexgirl

Hi Tiifa & welcome! I have a non-MAC rec....it's Baby Doll l/s from LORAC. The model on the new Sephora catalog is wearing it & if you go to sephora.com, they have a pic of the cover on the homepage. I don't think Sephora has any stores in the England but I'm sure there are stores there that carry the LORAC brand.

doniad101

I am NW45 and I use Smashbox lipliner in Smashing Media and then top it of with MAC clear lipglass (more clear lipglass depending on the time of day). Hope this helps
smiles.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtexgirl
Hi Tiifa & welcome! I have a non-MAC rec....it's Baby Doll l/s from LORAC. The model on the new Sephora catalog is wearing it & if you go to sephora.com, they have a pic of the cover on the homepage. I don't think Sephora has any stores in the England but I'm sure there are stores there that carry the LORAC brand.

I'm a MAC NW45/NC50 and I've tried this lipstick. It's too creamy for such a deep skintone, it will most definitely look unnatural.
My suggestions: Mariska PlantLove lipstick from CARGO, MAV VGV, Touch, Rubia (LE, get it quick), Teddy Babe (also was LE) lipsticks.

MisStarrlight

I tried Underplay on an NC50ish skintone yesterday...I tought it was going to be too chalky, but blended in, it actually looked really nice & natural.

C-thru & Chai can also work, but you want to make sure you don't put it on too thick.

Tai

I'm NC 45 and I luv Honeyflower with Cork as my liner. It's my perfect nude lip and if I want to set it off, I add just a tiny bit of Beaux on top.

Latest posts