Perfect nude lips for NW 40-55

stefania905

I'm NC43. The MA at my counter reccomended Hue for me when i told her i wanted "a color like Myth but for my skintone".

It is a good nude color for our skin tones, but unfortunately it just doesn't look good on me in particular. If you or anyone else wants to try it out first, i will be happy to chop up the stick & put it in to sample jars or something...just PM me anyone

Akhirah

Hi im a NW45 and i like Polished Up as a neutral colour, its a peachy-brown but more peachy i combine it with Cork Lipliner.

L281173

Mattese NYC has a great lip gel in the colors of Decadence, Luxury, and Ambrosia which are all great nudes. They can be found at perfumania.com

Quiana

My perfect nude combo is Chestnut l/l and Hug Me l/s...My lips..but better
lol.gif

aziajs

Mad Cap lipglass is really pretty for a nude look. You can adjust the coloring a little to make it a little lighter or darker with lipliner. I'm a NW40 by the way.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
really? One of my roomates has that lipgloss, because she purchased it by accident. and i tried it and it looked very unflattering. Do you use other l/g, l/s, l/l with it? Im very interested!!

I don't like Chai either...

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
really? One of my roomates has that lipgloss, because she purchased it by accident. and i tried it and it looked very unflattering. Do you use other l/g, l/s, l/l with it? Im very interested!!

I mostly use it alone. If I do use a liner, it's cork. I really like it alone though.

LipstickLez

I saw oyster girl on a lighter complexion and liked, but I'm NC 45 so I'm not sure if it will work on me - my question:

How do you know when you're looking "nude" and when you crossed the line into the "white mouth zone" - you know, where you start looking light you ate a powdered donut?

I guess I'm asking what's the key for what a nude mouth should do...? I had figured it should subtly melt into your face and let the eyes shine - but still look slightly dewy, raw and sexy. And also slightly pinkish but fleshy...

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLez
How do you know when you're looking "nude" and when you crossed the line into the "white mouth zone" - you know, where you start looking light you ate a powdered donut?

I guess I'm asking what's the key for what a nude mouth should do...? I had figured it should subtly melt into your face and let the eyes shine - but still look slightly dewy, raw and sexy. And also slightly pinkish but fleshy...

Thank you for asking this! This is an excellent question and one that we should all think about. A lot of people have their idea of what "nude" is. Often times we see a nude look we love, but it's on someone of a different complexion. That image gets stuck in our mind and we try to duplicate it but it's not appropriate for our skin tone.

My idea of nude is your flesh tone. I think it's a good rule of thumb for anyone because it doesn't define a specific tone. I think that a nude lip should be an extension of your skin but shouldn't blend in so much that your mouth disappears.

NaturalSister19

^^^Right!^^^

Really look at the color of your bare lips.

If your lips are beigy pink/fleshy:

Go with a lipliner that is close to your natural lip line, but just a tad darker for a bit of definition (BBQ, Cork). Then blend some gloss like Revealing or even Instant Gold even though it has shimmer in it.

If your lips are dark:

Line and semi-fill with chestnut (don't use too much pressure so that the line isn't harsh) then add a gloss like Lychee Luxe (it will give a darker lip more of a fleshy look or again Revealing. With both, blend with a lip brush so the two melt together.

If you semi-fill your lip with the liner, then blend the gloss so that they meld together you can achieve a beautiful nude lip. IMHO

LipstickLez

I keep hearing cork cork cork! I will need to get some of that! I'm on my way to MAC right now (it IS pay day after all)

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
^^^Right!^^^
If your lips are dark:

Line and semi-fill with chestnut (don't use too much pressure so that the line isn't harsh) then add a gloss like Lychee Luxe (it will give a darker lip more of a fleshy look or again Revealing. With both, blend with a lip brush so the two melt together.

I don't know about using Chestnut if you are trying to achieve a nude lip, even on pigmented lips. It will always always always change the color of the lipstick and lipgloss you are wearing, which means it will give you the effect of something darker than nude. I'm NW45, and I have what many women with pigmented lips have, a pink upper lip and darker bottom, so Cork is slightly paler than the bottom lip, but not so much that it is weird looking, and if I line and fill with Cork I get perfect pink nude, or true, flesh nude depending on the lipstick I use. Honey Flower with Cork l/p toped with Love Nector is a perfect nude for me, although I'm excited to find another nude combo when Smoke Signals is released in August
clap.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinkysBaby
Really? It's my favorite nude l/g.

Yeah, I think it was too light and too cool, there was just something about it that didn't suite me, which is weird because you are NW45 too. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Scorpdva

I tend to like colors that are more neutral than nude. I am NW45 and I like to pair cork or chesnut(very lightly) with roleplay l/s and adventuresome l/g both were from R. Welch collection. They both have that pinky brown look which matches my natural lip but just boosted up a bit. By the way can anyone suggest colors similiar to these two? I am running low. Thanks

milamonster

i m nw 45 & i use saffron from the brand aromaleigh, you can find it online
here's what it looks like on me (keep in mind that i have clear gloss on over it)

100_3412.jpg

LipstickLez

^Oooo, I like that.

I just noticed that my Cargo lip duo (waikiki) makes a great nude lip for for NW45 when mixed with Chelsea.

Just take a little of the gold tint and a lot of the more coffee tint and mix on the back of your hand; then take a stripe or two of the Chelsea and put it alongside your waikiki blotch. Then just strategically pull the Chelsea into your mix until you achieve the right color.

So far, I've been going back over with a light glaze of Chelsea just to raise the brown content a bit, but I suspect a tinted lip glass (set for a Friday purchase!) could do the trick a little better.

I tell you what..the new MAC Flashtronic lipglass will look very nude and shimmery on darker skin tones, on lighter skin with non-pigmented lips will look bronze/brown, on me.. I have olive skin tone and I find it shimmery nude, if you use a lipliner with it can look even better..in these pics I did not use lipliner..I also shared this on FOTD forum, I already bought another one, I know I will be using it alot.
hair008flashtroniclipglossA37.jpg

hair010-1.jpg

Latest posts