Perfect nude lips for NW 40-55

SulkingBeauty

Thanks to the recommendations in this thread I just purchased my first real nude. TOUCH!!! It's fantastic... the perfect nude. I've been a pink-lip girl for several years, but I thought I would try a nude to go with the smokey eyes of the season. i bought spice l/l to go with it. It's super light for my top lip, but it matches Touch spot-on. I haven't decided if I'll return it or not. I'm a C7, so maybe Cork l/l would be better...

lunalight7

This is a GREAT Thread!!!

I am NW 45 and I SWEAR by Spite lg...it's pinkish so I like it better than Chai which tends to be too witish on me, although I can make it work if I apply lightly and w/ plenty of clear gloss.

I also like Shitake although at times, it looks too invisible to me...I love the way it feels though.

Shock-O-late was one of my first MAC lipglasses so I cherish and love it. It can be considered "natural" since it matches my skintone. I tend to prefer something lighter in shade when my eyes are dramatic, though...

mena22787

soooo i just had an epiphany:

i have really pigmented lips and c-thru wasn't as nude as i wanted it to be soooo...i put painterly paint pot on my lips then c-thru and WOWZA!! really really nude! i think that painterly can be used in place of the new mac pro nudes lip products that they just came out with

NaturallyME

Viva Glam Vl l/s gives me this nice soft look to my lips and i top it off with jellebabe lipgelle
to me it seems nude am i wrong?
im kinda new to the game

MAC_Pixie04

I have some updated suggestions to this thread:
A good light lip combo for darker skin is NARS Borneo and Kenya lip liners with Sexual Healing lipstick<--it looks like a frosty pink but it's a sheer formula so it's easily manipulated

Benefit Sugar Rush lipstick

Vincent Longo "Nude"

NARS Honolulu Honey with Borneo lip liner (slightly pinker)

NARS Stolen Kisses lipgloss

CARGO Plantlove lipsticks in Joshua Tree and Muir Woods

LORAC Co-Stars in Makeout

Stila lipglazes in Mocha, Brown Sugar and Banana

Covergirl913

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I don't know if anyone already mentioned this one but MAC's Shitaki (Glaze Lipstick) is a pretty color if you are considering a nude lip. It's very light weight and gives just a hint of a bronze/brown color. I got it the other day on a whim and was very pleased!
lol.gif

I second that
thmbup.gif
...I just picked up Shitaki with the BBQ liner and Instant Gold lustreglass... it is the perfect nude for me and I am NW45

La Ilusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covergirl913
I second that
thmbup.gif
...I just picked up Shitaki with the BBQ liner and Instant Gold lustreglass... it is the perfect nude for me and I am NW45

I'm NC42-43. I got Shitaki recently, too. I really like it. I either wear it alone or with Cushy cremestick l/l.

Some other recent purchases that I love for barely-there looks are Atmospheric (LE, Blue Storm) and Corsette (LE, Antiquitease) l/g. Both of these work especially well with cooler eye colors. I also picked up a Bare Fetish l/g (I think it's from the Lingerie collection) at a CCO. I wish I had gotten two or three; it looks very good over Shitaki, and it's also neutral enough to tone down a very orangey-warm (yes, I made up a term
hmm.gif
) lipstick like Honeyflower.

Bey28

I'm NC45/C7 and I just bought Underplay. I pair it with Cork l/l. It's the perfect nude for me and I don't have to add a gloss or anything on top to achieve the nude look but yet it's not matte and crusty looking. FYI I have dark pigmented lips. HTH.

seeminglysweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunalight7
This is a GREAT Thread!!!

I am NW 45 and I SWEAR by Spite lg...it's pinkish so I like it better than Chai which tends to be too witish on me, although I can make it work if I apply lightly and w/ plenty of clear gloss.

I also like Shitake although at times, it looks too invisible to me...I love the way it feels though.

Shock-O-late was one of my first MAC lipglasses so I cherish and love it. It can be considered "natural" since it matches my skintone. I tend to prefer something lighter in shade when my eyes are dramatic, though...

What l/l (s) do you wear with spite?

faithhopelove24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I'm a MAC NW45/NC50 and I've tried this lipstick. It's too creamy for such a deep skintone, it will most definitely look unnatural.
My suggestions: Mariska PlantLove lipstick from CARGO, MAV VGV, Touch, Rubia (LE, get it quick), Teddy Babe (also was LE) lipsticks.

I'm a NW55 and I like VGV and Touch as well sometimes, I wear them with a Chestnut lip pencil. I also like Bobbi Brown l/g in Spun Gold, it's not a nude but it's a favorite of mine. It a simple Gold that's not too glittery and can go with just about anything.
smiles.gif

braidey

I have a long list:

Trish McEvoy Sundance l/g
Estee Lauder High Gloss in Bronze
Chanel Unity l/g
Christian Dior Prailine and Hazlenut Lychee l/g
Revlon SL l/g Coffee glean
Loreal Color Juice in Iced Latte
Bobbi Brown Heather, Honey, Chocolate, Suede, and Cocoa Sugar l/g
Covergirl Honey, Copper Bliss, Sugar & Spice, and Pearlized Peach l/g
MAC 3D l/g in Optical and Synched Up
MAC l/g in Crescent and Bare Truth, Sinnamon, and Beauz
Lancome Color fever l/g Tumultous
Victoria Secrets Beauty Rush l/g Hot Coccunutty, Coccalicious

Sprout

I love Entwined, which is very similar to Half n Half. Entwined was LE and Half n Half is perm, I think.

Latest posts