Perfect nude lips for NW 40-55

ClaireAvril

Hi
I am NW45.. i use Siss with a light brown Iman lip liner and just a little Boy Bait Creme sheen on top.
I also love saplicious lip gelee.. (all this time i thought it was spalicious.. lol)

Salsa91501

I'm NW45 and I use:

Creme Cerise l/s (Cult of Cherry)- This is the closest lipstick to my skin color.
Honey Moon l/s (Moonbathe)- A lighter nude with a hint of peachy pink.
Buoy O' Buoy l/s (Naughty Nauticals)- Perfect nude for me because it doesn't exactly match my skin color.
Fresh Brew l/s (Hello Kitty & Perm.)- THIS IS MY NEW LOVE!!!! If you wear this with a darker brown lipliner (chestnut) and a milky pink gloss (Creamsheen l/g Melt in Your Mouth), it gives you that nude Kim Kardashian look for darker skin tones.
Ultra-Elegant Slimshine- The perfect nude slimshine.
Stay in Touch l/s- Kind of similar to Ultra-Elegant because it's a creamsheen l/s. Mocha brown color.
Crescent l/g (Moonbathe)- This lipglass matches my lips perfectly by itself.
Butterfield 8 Lip Lacquer (Nars)- LOVE THIS!! This gives you a complete lipstick and gloss look with just the lacquer. Perfect nude brown.
Banana Lip Glaze (Stila)- A lighter nude gloss that looks great with a brown lipliner.

All REALLY gorgeous Nudies!!!!
kisses.gif

(sorry for some of the LE items. Might be harder to find)

meela188

i actually like bobbi brown's beige lg for a blank nude lip, her nude lg also work's well for me if i'm doing a smokey eye and don't want much distraction on my lips. i use bb honey lg as my everyday lp, its a nude with a touch of warmth to give my lips depth. when i'm going for a pinky nude i will use bb petal lg. it all depends on your undertones and what kind of nude you are going for.

iCandy

I have dark skin! I'm not sure which NW color but it's one it's between 45-55...

I've been looking for a single nude lipstick/gloss/lacquer.

Thank God for the internet!

I have been able to do this to get the closest looks:
lip.ling.lip.gloss.pink.sheer.string.2.jpg

Dianne Brill Pink Sheer String.

It is not matte however, which is what I would really like but it is a perfect match to my lips.. I mean PERFECT! It's nice alone and on top of my next choices.

82705.jpg

NARS Butterfield 8
It's perfect for most, but not me. I have to add a liner or MAC Shock-o-late to get it deep enough. I do love it though because of all the lipglosses I've tried, it's the closest to my skin's nude/natural tone. It dulls the pink in my lips and gives me that lovely chocolate sheen.

But it's not perfect, it's thick and has no taste.. but I use it anyway and if I don't use MAC Shock-o-late, I just throw on some Soothing Beige Tinted Lip conditioner to make it more malleable and lip-friendly.

Lipliners ( so far )
Cork/Chestnut

My favourite dark skin looks are
Jennifer Hudson (Always perfect Makeup but who is her artist and what colours do they use!!! ) She's lighter than me (I think) but I'd still like to know because she's one of the only dark skinned black superstars out right now!

here are some shots
jhud10.jpg

jhud1.jpg

jhud2.jpg

jhud3.jpg

jhud4.jpg

jhud5.jpg

jhud6.jpg

jhud7.jpg

jhud8.jpg

jhud9.jpg

And sometimes Kerry/Kerri Washington

kerrywash.jpg

kerrywash1.jpg

if the images don't work go here:
ImageShack - Gallery
ImageShack - Gallery

iCandy

This is me wearing
Chestnut Lipliner
Nars butterfiels 8
Shock-o-late ( for shine )

As you can see, on my dark skin it looks coral! But it's close, this is an everyday look but I don't always mix so many things, if I'm lazy I just do Dianne Brill

This is me ( in the nude
smiles.gif
)
icandye.jpg

icandy2c.jpg

HerShe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
I'm an NW43/45 & I second Touch.
It's the first & only nude lipstick I've tried and it's a keeper.

Touch all day.....everyday, perfect nude
thmbup.gif

GlamQueen21

I have Love Nectar lustreglass and Boy Bait c/g and I love it! I also ordered Creme Cerise and I can't wait to get it! I also want to try Honeyflower, Stay in Touch, Touch and Hug Me l/s!

*fabulosity*

Y'all are not good at all.. I have added so many colors to the infamous list..lol..

My fave is Stila Mocha or Stila Praline with Jellybabe Lipgellee on top.

boujoischic

Im a C6 or NC45 and my favorite nude lipstick is freckletone I use hodgepodge or cork liner blended out with it I also use Cthru lipglass the same way cthru is a staple for me I love it. I also like 4n lipstick (this one is darker than freckletone) this was a limited edition with the N collection and 1N lipglass I dont need a liner for this one. I tend to do nude lips a lot lately because Ive really gotten into color for my eyes and I dont want the lips to compete.

KeshieShimmer

Victoria's Secret Vexy Sexy Line (75% off now bc they are changing the packaging!)

Dare or Sweet Nothing lipstick
Hot Cocoa or Warm Honey lip liner

I am MAC NC50.

SassyMochaJess

Like many of you already said... touch l/s, fresh brew l/s, ultra elegant slimshine, underage l/g, c-thru l/g, and boy bait c/g

sheaspearl83

Recommended per MAC live chat: Paramount l/s for solid neutral, Sheer Plum l/s for sheer neutral, and Plumful l/s for sheer pink
Please...does anyone have swatches of any of these? Thanks!

LatteQueen

Thought i'd repost on this board as it might be more more relevant...had originally posted on the recs board.
Hi I'm new
wavey.gif
and this is my first post, woo-hoo
cheerleader.gif

I'd like to know everyone's favourite products to achieve the perfect nude lip look to counter bright or dark smokey eye makeup. I kinda wanna try the JLo-Nicole Ritchie- Angelina Jolie- style look. Not too glossy...not too matte...just perfectly natural-looking puckers. Suggestions ladies?

For reference I'm Mac NW45 - Aveda Hickory

Cheers!!!
heart2.gif
[/quote

>>>>>>>>>>>I know exactly how you feel..I am always looking for that nude lipstick for my complexion...I haven't found that perfect 'brown' color for me yet...great thread and I will keep reading to get some ideas..welcome to the board..I am new also and this is my first response..