Pigment jars getting smaller; prices staying the same

PrincessAriel03

i dont kno if this has been posted yet but i cant find it anywhere.

I just recently purchased the new pigments from the new MAC Makeup art cosmetics collection and noticed something very odd...the amount of pigment in the jar was actually 4.3grams/.15oz instead of 7.5grams/.26oz. has any1 else noticed this? even on the mac website all the pigments have been updated to say the same.

so now we get less pigment for the same amount of money.
angry.gif

panda0410

Re: MAC pigments starting to come with less product for the same price?

They did it with the Overrich pigments as well and there was talk that MAC was scrapping the 7.5gm pigments for smaller volumes, though not sure if the packaging was supposed to chnage or not
shrugs.gif

L1LMAMAJ

the price should be lowered since we get less product!! they just want our money!

LMD84

i'm not actually bothered. mainly because i've never once used up a jar of pigment so it doesn't bother me if there is slightly less product. i guess it's the principle of the thing about the price but i'm just kinda meh about it!

Cinci

this is disapointing! I just ordered vanilla... I am hoping that they still have some of the 7.5g ones in stock!

Cinci

I would have bought it at a store/counter, but the closest one is 8hrs away.. I think i am going to take your advice and call MAC on Monday morning.. I'll ask them if they have pulled all the old stock or whatnot.. If they tell me that it will forsure be a 4.3g jar, I may cancel my order....

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
I had called in my order before picking it up and never noticed the difference with my bottle. Just pulled it out of the bag and you're right, my Brash & Bold (which lost it's vavoom upon me getting it home) is 4.3 g/ .15 US OZ while my BEAUTIFUL Reflects Rust glitter is still at 7.5 g/ .26 US OZ. I wouldn't have noticed had you not brought this up and luckily I don't use them all the time but some do. $19.50 I'll be a little bit more careful which bottles I choose from now on....won't return this one because I'm concocting with a clear lipglass upon me finding out if it's lipsafe. Thank you for this because I never looked at my bottle before leaving the store.
smiles.gif

first off, one is a pigment, and one is a glitter, sooo...different products, different WEIGHTS!!!

these are measured by weight, not volume. mattes are gonna weigh different than frosts are gonna weigh different than glitters. the volume could be the exact same for all we know (it should if things were fair in this world, but they aren't), but their weights are different.

one cup of milk is the same as one cup of cream, but the cream's gonna weigh more. get it?

PrincessAriel03

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
first off, one is a pigment, and one is a glitter, sooo...different products, different WEIGHTS!!!

these are measured by weight, not volume. mattes are gonna weigh different than frosts are gonna weigh different than glitters. the volume could be the exact same for all we know (it should if things were fair in this world, but they aren't), but their weights are different.

one cup of milk is the same as one cup of cream, but the cream's gonna weigh more. get it?

if what u are saying is correct then why would they change ALL of the pigments on the website (even on macPRO) to say 4.3g?? all of my old pigments say 7.5g glitters, frosts, mattes w/e

and glitters are not pigments so maybe they aren't changing the amount for glitters...yet

erine1881

^^^the regular site has em all listed at 4.3, and so does the category of regular products on the pro site. However, under pro products its still listed as 7.5 so it may be a glitch.
th_dunno.gif
And most, but not all pro mattes have been 4.3, with just a handful at the larger weight.

I doubt they'll mess with the glitters, because the the weight hasn't changed, the price did go up by $4 or $5, so that parts taken care of.

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel03
if what u are saying is correct then why would they change ALL of the pigments on the website (even on macPRO) to say 4.3g?? all of my old pigments say 7.5g glitters, frosts, mattes w/e

I was thinking the same thing.. at first i thought maybe it was just for this collection, and that possibly the formulas used weren't as heavy so they lowered the weight and we would still receive roughly the same volume... but I'm kinda confused as to what is going on... On the Canadian MAC Site, when you click on the MAKE-UP ART COSMETICS COLLECTION link as seen by MARILYN MINTER, and then click on the Pigment link, it lists the size as 7.5g.. But if you browse to the regular pigment section by using Products Menu, it lists the size as 4.3g..

erine1881

Well I guess here's one way to tell once and for all. My cocomotion (from the very first release) is 7.5. Has anyone bought this year's release? What's the weight on it?

erine1881

When the richmetal pigments came out they were 4.3 and everyone threw a fit over that, so they had updated the site to show both weights, so who knows what is up with the site.

I have yet to be told that they are changing the weight/packaging/anything with the pigments.
th_dunno.gif

panda0410

There have been lots of rumours flying around about pigments recently, like which colours are being Dcd, that in some locations ALL pigments are being Dcd, weights changing, packaging changing.... I dont know whats real or not
shrugs.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
There have been lots of rumours flying around about pigments recently, like which colours are being Dcd, that in some locations ALL pigments are being Dcd, weights changing, packaging changing.... I dont know whats real or not
shrugs.gif

i'll try to remember to ask for an official word when i go to update next month.

Ambonee

My brand new cocomotion (just got it in gratis) is 7.5...
smiles.gif
and remember some of the older matte pigments are 2.5...

also keep in mind regarding weight...the metal pigments which are all 7.5 (except silver which is 2.5) never come full to the top...the cream vs milk is actually a really good example
winks.gif

erine1881

^^^oops, I meant 2.5 for the mattes, not 4.3 (or whatever it was). thanks doll!

Well I guess that helps clarify things a little as to anything. That's already been done. If your new one is the same weight as my old one...

Have you heard anything about any changes being made to the pigments packaging?

Latest posts