Pigment jars getting smaller; prices staying the same

pumpkincat210

Did not know this. I've only been using my old pigments for awhile. Perhaps the ingredients for pigments are becoming more expensive and harder to make. They can't keep up with demand so they did this instead. Or it just might be a marketing tactic for m.a.c. so everyone can get some. Maybe both. I hate it when pigments are first to go here where i live.

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleomorphic
Yes, I am.

Which # is that? I called the # I think it's from the special orders line option #6 and they told me they didn't have Air-de-blue or Azreal Blue and hadn't for a long time? Maybe there is a different #?

kiss

I saw it at my counter and they feel and look so cheap! I also didn't like the two new pigments at all.

pleomorphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
Which # is that? I called the # I think it's from the special orders line option #6 and they told me they didn't have Air-de-blue or Azreal Blue and hadn't for a long time? Maybe there is a different #?

It's the same number. My list was what was not available.
ssad.gif

mintbear82

I went to my local MAC Store today ( Mississauga, SquareOne ) and there was girl in there buying a whole bunch of pigments from a list she had. When the MA brought out the boxes I thought the girl was going to have a heart attack lol. She said to the MA and I quote "What happened to these? Were they left in the dryer...... These better be BOGO"
th_LMAO.gif
. It was so funny...

Seriously, they need to explain to us why they have shrunk the size. I don't like the excuse " we made them smaller because people complain that the jars have too much product "
angry.gif
. Who would complain about having too much? If it really bothers a person go get a MAC addict friend and split the jar between you.
mac_addict.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintbear82
I went to my local MAC Store today ( Mississauga, SquareOne ) and there was girl in there buying a whole bunch of pigments from a list she had. When the MA brought out the boxes I thought the girl was going to have a heart attack lol. She said to the MA and I quote "What happened to these? Were they left in the dryer...... These better be BOGO"
th_LMAO.gif
. It was so funny...

Seriously, they need to explain to us why they have shrunk the size. I don't like the excuse " we made them smaller because people complain that the jars have too much product "
angry.gif
. Who would complain about having too much? If it really bothers a person go get a MAC addict friend and split the jar between you.
mac_addict.gif

hee hee! this made me chuckle... she had a point though!

Vlcatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
I will say that I do like the smaller opening though. It looks like it may not be as easy to spill it all.

I'm debating whether to take them back and try ebay or this Swap/Sell Forum on here to get the larger jars.

I have to say I do not like the new jars at all... The smaller opening is impossible to work with, the plastic insert/tab is unusable for picking color from it or for pushing the pigment into the brush and the lid is not much better...
ssad.gif
It looks like it was designed to force you to use more pigment per application - I estimate I use 2xmore of the pigment than I would have to - all thanks to wasting the product due to the new design
angry.gif

I am so going to purchase few empty jars and dump the new pigments in them...
yes.gif

mintbear82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlcatko
I have to say I do not like the new jars at all... The smaller opening is impossible to work with, the plastic insert/tab is unusable for picking color from it or for pushing the pigment into the brush and the lid is not much better...
ssad.gif
It looks like it was designed to force you to use more pigment per application - I estimate I use 2xmore of the pigment than I would have to - all thanks to wasting the product due to the new design
angry.gif

I am so going to purchase few empty jars and dump the new pigments in them...
yes.gif

I have one new size jar, and until I read your post I never noticed that I do use more pigment now per application
angry.gif
. This is not fair, I'm definetly going to use your idea and keep an old Pigment Jar to transfer my pigments in. Or, I'll order some Generic Old size pigment bottles from tkbtrading.com to transfer my pigments in abd B2M the new bottles.
mac_addict.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintbear82
th_LMAO.gif
. It was so funny...

angry.gif
Who would complain about having too much? If it really bothers a person go get a MAC addict friend and split the jar between you.
mac_addict.gif

If MAC made them smaller, why the hell didn't they shrink the price as well??? Do they think we are stupid? Hmmm less product, same amount of money! It just doesn't work, not for us at least. For them, they are laughing. They can sell their pigments for the same price but make more profit since they are selling less to us. I can't stand the new pigment jars, they look just like the nailpolish bottles. The only pro that i like is the rubber-ish cap to prevent slips but i serioulsy don't like the fact that they are giving us less now. CHEATS!
angry.gif

mintbear82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
If MAC made them smaller, why the hell didn't they shrink the price as well??? Do they think we are stupid? Hmmm less product, same amount of money! It just doesn't work, not for us at least. For them, they are laughing. They can sell their pigments for the same price but make more profit since they are selling less to us. I can't stand the new pigment jars, they look just like the nailpolish bottles. The only pro that i like is the rubber-ish cap to prevent slips but i serioulsy don't like the fact that they are giving us less now. CHEATS!
angry.gif

iagree.gif

socaldreamer

I haven't bought a pigment in a while but I noticed the last one I bought ( Museum Bronze) was in a regular size jar but was alot less full then ones I had previously bought. So I think they have been skimming from us for a while and just made the new jars to size.

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
have the old jars hit the CCOs yet?

I was at the CCO in Aurora, IL on Tuesday and they had tons of old-package-pigments--Vanilla, Mutiny, Blackened Red, Pink Bronze, Kitchmas, Pink Opal, and so many more I can't remember off the top of my head. $13.75.
choochoo.gif

dewinter

Hi!
I see that this thred is kind of old BUT has anyone tried to contact MAC and ask them to take back their old pigment jars? I don’t really like the new jars, I know that you probably will not use up these new jars easily but I think they are too small and hard to handle. I mean that if we all come together and contacted Mac with a petition or such to change the jars to the original size it might work. I also mean that if we just stop buying pigments until they changes this it could make a difference but I know it will be hard to stop buying pigments… and Mac probably knows that we will buy it anyway!
I just wanted to get this out and ask if anyone has done anything about this. I know that there are many with me who has followed and supported Mac for years and I think that our opinion should matter.
What do you think?

Simply Elegant

^I have not bought any in the smaller packaging and that is how it is staying. As far as contacting them, I have not- money is the motivating factor and complaints are not nearly as much so. We're pretty much positive that MAC does read some of these threads since it's an excellent resource for feedback.

I think if they noticed enough of a drop in profit they would go back to their regular size. However a lot of people still buy them so I doubt it will happen. I just stick to MUFE for pigments since the quality is far superior to MAC although still expensive.

LMD84

i emaled mac about it a few times and they just said they they take our feedback on board and that is it
ssad.gif
kinda sucks right! i still hate the new jars and don't think i'll ever be able to move past it. i know that sounds really stupid but i just can't
ssad.gif

dewinter

Thanks for replying.
It’s good that Mac reads forums :-D
I would kind of take a poll or something if there was a big change, to see what the actual buyers meant. I mean without us Mac wouldn't be so big.
LMD84 it’s great that you contacted Mac and sad that you've got a "standard answer" I guess the only chance to change this is basically to stop buying pigments.
Who's up for that?!?