Pigment jars getting smaller; prices staying the same

erine1881

Ugh! So I ordered some stuff from macpro and got a glitter. Well whadya know! Its in the new packaging! Argh! I had all the glitters but this one, and this lone glitter is in the new packaging. Its taunting me!!! I don't like change! And what irks me the most is that the pro site showed the pigments in the new packaging, but the glitter picture still showed th old container.

Ok, rant over.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
Ugh! So I ordered some stuff from macpro and got a glitter. Well whadya know! Its in the new packaging! Argh! I had all the glitters but this one, and this lone glitter is in the new packaging. Its taunting me!!! I don't like change! And what irks me the most is that the pro site showed the pigments in the new packaging, but the glitter picture still showed th old container.

Ok, rant over.

Did you order any pigments and if so did any come in the old jars? Just wondering if they are going to let the old stock sell out first. when I talked to them at the end of dec they werent sure how they were going to handle that part.

pleomorphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
Did you order any pigments and if so did any come in the old jars? Just wondering if they are going to let the old stock sell out first. when I talked to them at the end of dec they werent sure how they were going to handle that part.

I've ordered in the last week and specified that I wanted only the bigger jars. They were able to tell me which ones were available and which ones weren't. A lot of the old jars are now gone, but there are a few left.

I jotted down a quick notepad list to myself, so please excuse the all caps in the first part! Here's what's not available in big jars..this list is not comprehensive.

FULL FORCE VIOLET
LANDSCAPE GREEN
GREEN SPACE
WHITE GOLD
SILVER
AIRE DE BLU
AZREAL BLUE
PASTORALE
GREEN SPACE
DEEP BROWN
royal blue
frozen white
old gold
basic red
magenta madness
pure white
red electric
yellow
turquoise
reflects turquatic
ReflectsTransparent Pink

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl

i didn't order any pigments, just the glitters. however, i did swing by the mac store tonight after update and they already had all the new pigment jars on display and for sale. i asked the girl what they did with the old jars and they said they had to send em all back, just like my counter did when the new lash packaging came out. so i'm sure all locations, online and phone included, sent all the old stuff back, which will soo be headed to the CCOs.

LMD84

if only i lived near a cco! i would be going there every few days to see when the pigments hit the store!
tong.gif

Ciani

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleomorphic
I've ordered in the last week and specified that I wanted only the bigger jars. They were able to tell me which ones were available and which ones weren't. A lot of the old jars are now gone, but there are a few left.

I jotted down a quick notepad list to myself, so please excuse the all caps in the first part! Here's what's not available in big jars..this list is not comprehensive.

FULL FORCE VIOLET
LANDSCAPE GREEN
GREEN SPACE
WHITE GOLD
SILVER
AIRE DE BLU
AZREAL BLUE
PASTORALE
GREEN SPACE
DEEP BROWN
royal blue
frozen white
old gold
basic red
magenta madness
pure white
red electric
yellow
turquoise
reflects turquatic
ReflectsTransparent Pink

Where did you order these from?

DILLIGAF

I was wandering through my local Bloomingdale's when I mysteriously found myself at the MAC counter browsing. They had a traincase filled with palettes, brushes, shadows, brushes and pigments as a display near the register. I happend to look in it as I was passing by and what do I see 6 count them 6 full sized jars of pigment in the following colors: Bold n Brash, Hertiage Rouge x2, Push The Edge and Reflects Copper x2. I calmly asked the sales person if they were for sale and she said YES!!!
th_DANCE.gif
So I grabbed Push The Edge, Heritage Rouge and Reflects Copper glitter.
choochoo.gif

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
I was wandering through my local Bloomingdale's when I mysteriously found myself at the MAC counter browsing. They had a traincase filled with palettes, brushes, shadows, brushes and pigments as a display near the register. I happend to look in it as I was passing by and what do I see 6 count them 6 full sized jars of pigment in the following colors: Bold n Brash, Hertiage Rouge x2, Push The Edge and Reflects Copper x2. I calmly asked the sales person if they were for sale and she said YES!!!
th_DANCE.gif
So I grabbed Push The Edge, Heritage Rouge and Reflects Copper glitter.
choochoo.gif

"Mysteriously"....right....
winks.gif

Great find though, that is awesome!

pleomorphic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciani
Where did you order these from?

Sorry, I should have specified I ordered these from the pro line.

DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
"Mysteriously"....right....
winks.gif

Great find though, that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
^ Lol

greengrin.gif
That's my story and I'm sticking to it
th_LMAO.gif

heavenlydemonik

I feel like crying from this news.... I love pigments with a passion and as soon as I saved up a ton of money I was gonna go on a pigment buying spree. And I'm sure by the time I get a lot of money saved up all the CCOs will be out of stock of the large jars too :'(

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleomorphic
Sorry, I should have specified I ordered these from the pro line.

Are you in the U.S.?

Kragey

I've started seeing the new pigment jars in people's makeup collection videos, and they make me sad. The look so sickly next to the robust, original-size pigment jars.
ssad.gif

Icecaramellatte

Now I see what all the fuss was about! These jars really are tiny!

I wasn't all that bothered by the news that the packaging had changed. I figured I couldn't really use up a whole jar anyway and it didn't really look that small in pics to me. Boy was I wrong.

I've been meaning to pick up the rest of the Overrich pigments that I missed out on. I bought a whole bunch of Spring Color Forecast stuff and I was going to wait on the pigments but I forgot one product and went to the Pro store last week to get it and decided to check out the pigments. They had all the old jars on display BTW. I just remembered to check my stuff to see whether I got the new or old jars. Well, I got the new jars. They look like sample sizes to me! It really does feel like a rip off compared to the old jars. I will say that I do like the smaller opening though. It looks like it may not be as easy to spill it all.

I'm debating whether to take them back and try ebay or this Swap/Sell Forum on here to get the larger jars.

lindas1983

Went to have a look at the all ages race and sex collection today at my local MAC and had decided to pick up the pigments anyway as I'm bit of a pigment collector but then I actually saw the new jars in person. OMG they look so tiny I just couldn't justify to myself spending so much moeny on something so small now i've actually seen them in person. Thank god I didn't order them online like I was gonna do as I'd be feeling so ripped off right now.