Porcelain Beauties: Highlighters/ Products to give you that "GLOW"

sharyn

I know most porcelain beauties can hardly find a foundation that is light enough - but how about highlighters?

I like Lightscapade MSF, though its still a bit too dark so I have to work with a very light hand

Chrystal Avalanche e/s
Frostlite Fluidline
Overcast Shadestick
are good to put under your brow

What do you use to brighten up your complexion? Pigments? Eyeshadows?

TIA!

*note: I am not sure if this is in the right forum section so feel free to move

Simply Elegant

I love Clinique's shimmering tones powder, the pink one. It's LE but it's definitely my HG. It's like a blush though if you layer it a bit. Also, Make Up For Ever's shine on powders, particularly the goldish one and the pink one are also very nice, but not quite as good as Clinique's. Annabelle makes some nice loose pigments that can be used for highlighting too. The pink one has gold shimmer in it and it's very pretty and cheap.

Shimmer

Pink Opal and Vanilla make good highlighters for me, during my pale months.
smiles.gif

maxcat

I tend to seek more color to keep from looking vampiric...Tenderling blush works well... so does the new Raquel darker beauty powder... I've also used an NW30 powder... just for more color.
Higher placement, closer to the eyes is key.

m4dswine

I don't do shimmer... no matter what colour it is, it makes me look as though I have the wrong colour foundation on.

redambition

lightscapade! i've fallen in love with this. a light dusting and i look glowy without sparkling.

another one i use is TBS brush on beads in buff. if you apply this with a light hand and a big powder brush not much colour will show up, but you'll get a lovely, almost pearlescent glow. the glow effect is more instense than lightscapade. i advise you test it in store first though as the colour might show up more on some people. i know that if i apply too much my face starts to look darker.

Holly

Lightscapade for sure! And even though it's been discontinued, where I work, we still sell Revlon Skinlights, and they're really nice too on my light skin
greengrin.gif

Sonya Adams

Funny enough, other than my MSFs for highlighting, my real brightener is a cheapie.

It's made by Cornsilk (I don't even know where to find it anymore - I stocked up last time I found it) and it's a loose mineral powder with shimmering accents. Doesn't make you look glittery, but it brightens your color right up!

Ella_

50% gold dusk pigment 50% apricot pink pigment. It gives a nice light golden peachy glow.

Sonya Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
50% gold dusk pigment 50% apricot pink pigment. It gives a nice light golden peachy glow.

OOH! I'm gonna have to try that one... did you see the cornstarch all over powder "recipe" the past few days? I'm going to be playing with so much pigment! My bedroom already sparkles. I think hubby's going nuts! HAHA

Ella_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
OOH! I'm gonna have to try that one... did you see the cornstarch all over powder "recipe" the past few days? I'm going to be playing with so much pigment! My bedroom already sparkles. I think hubby's going nuts! HAHA

I tried that recipe yesterday with my little hilight mix, its beautiful
smiles.gif

Showgirl

I concur with Lightscapade for a beautiful "all over" radiance, though if I don't use blush or bronze on my face too I need to be careful with the MSF as the blue undertones can make me look weirdly ashen and almost undead if I'm not careful (I'm pale but fairly sallow, and blue on my skin does weird, weird unflattering things....)

For eyeshadow highlight colour, I use Crystal Avalanche, White Frost, Frostlite fluidline.

I also tend to use pinky or peachy toned loose powder blush in pale, sparkly colours dusted loosely pretty much all over the face. You need a really, really light hand for this obviously, a half decent good sized brush, and you can mix in a bit of loose powder to make it sheerer and lighter, depending on your skin tone: my favourites are "Nymph" (peachy shimmer with slight warm gold glitter, apparently similar to Nars' Orgasm), "Giddy" (pale pink with shimmer - almost like strawberry milk) and "Sunkissed" bronze powder (one of the few bronzers I've found that doesn't look very brown or very orange on my pale skin) - all by Pure Luxe Cosmetics, all cheap as chips at a dollar a huge-and-will-last-for-ages sample, and all three of these shades are ones I'd recommend for paleskinned ladies.

http://pureluxecosmetics.com/page2.html

kimmy

i must be doing something wrong with Lightscapade because i'm NW15 and i can't even get it to show up on me at all.
ssad.gif

i really like Porcelain Pink MSF though!

elisha24

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i must be doing something wrong with Lightscapade because i'm NW15 and i can't even get it to show up on me at all.
ssad.gif

I can't either and im NW15... I tried numerous times with numerous brushes
ssad.gif

I like strobe cream. Shimpagne, Petticoat and Glissade. Nars Loose shimmer powder is also good.

ChynaSkye

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
lightscapade! i've fallen in love with this. a light dusting and i look glowy without sparkling.

i have to agree... this has been my fave. I have found that the mineralize powder, even in light, is too dark so i apply lightscapade at my temples, cheekbones and center of my face... then what is left on the brush is dusted across my jawline. since the textures are very similar it gives a brightening effect but not a glittery one.

GalleyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
I tend to seek more color to keep from looking vampiric...Tenderling blush works well... so does the new Raquel darker beauty powder... I've also used an NW30 powder... just for more color.
Higher placement, closer to the eyes is key.

Do you mean Peaceful? Because I've been using that along w/ Peaches, and it makes a gorgeous highlighter! I was worried when I saw it in the pan, but it is light enough to give a bronzy glow w/out making my cheeks look dirty. I am an NC20 for reference.

brandiisamonkey

I LOVE Lightscapade and Shimpane there both phenominal highliters and make me look more healthy. I also LOVE LOVE the bare esentuals well lit/back lit duo that they have... its also a phenominal highliter, I bought mine off ebay for a terrific price! And Porceline pink is great too, for those of you that cant get it to show, use it Wet its fabulous. Pleasureflush is also terrific and for those of you that dont have it Pink opal pigment is a pretty good substitution!
smiles.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
ssad.gif

i really like Porcelain Pink MSF though!

lightscapade doesn't "show up" on my skin as such.

it doesn't add colour or anything like that.. but if i turn my head from side to side i can see a gentle sheen to where i've applied it.

i wonder if i should buy a back up?