Post your 'Sephora inspired' brush holders

beauty_marked

Just a heads up for those of you that are planning to use rice...the rice causes scratches in the handles of the brushes.

janwa09

Do you think the sand and materials for an aquarium would work well for this? Can't wait to make mine!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracetre123
so beautiful MissChievous... I love it...but what camera are you usign.......pretty damn good pictures!!

I used my Canon 20D SLR and a 50mm lens for this, that's why the pics turned out like that.

As for rice scratching, the rice is all rounded so I'm not sure how it would really damage the brush handles? I guess you'd have to test it out to see. I think sand would work really well too, I was considering that route at first, you can get sand at hobby and craft stores or gardening stores as well, in different colours.

Sushi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Here's mine!

brush-holder1.jpg

brush-holder-2.jpg

I need to get one more package of the light pink granules so it comes up a bit higher. It looks like a pink layer cake.
winks.gif

Mine aren't the exact same beads as Enkore used either, but that's ok, I think mine looks prettier! Hehe...mine are sort of like granules....kind of like sand. If you want to go the super cheap method, I know someone who posted pics and she had used plain old rice, it worked equally as well.

I love the different pink layers!!!!

Kuuipo

I use one of the wire pencil caddies from an office supplie store. Different sections for different brushes....

Do you guys think that colored sand would also scratch the brushes. I've looked all over for the stuff Enkore used in his video, but we don't have a michaels here. I just went to Hobby Lobby thinking they would have something similar and I couldn't find it their either. I ended up going to World Market and getting colored sand, but I never even thought about it scratching the brushes.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyelizabethau
Do you guys think that colored sand would also scratch the brushes. I've looked all over for the stuff Enkore used in his video, but we don't have a michaels here. I just went to Hobby Lobby thinking they would have something similar and I couldn't find it their either. I ended up going to World Market and getting colored sand, but I never even thought about it scratching the brushes.

Do you have a JoAnn Fabrics store? I found Colorfill there.

GlamYOURUs

Look what I found at the Dollar Store! Not not the brushes silly
tong.gif

20kr5md.jpg

Isn't cute?!?
yahoo.gif

I bought four 1 lb bags of the lil jewel stones to make it look more glossy and pretty. Total: $5!

Sanayhs

I have some glass rectangular containers of different depths from the craft section of walmart that I filled with dry yellow split peas! I have two for brushes and actually use a little one for eyeliners. The split peas work nicely.
smiles.gif

Lizzie

I made mine a while ago from a random container that my mom was going to throw away [it's so cute!]
yahoo.gif

I used brown rice (my bf &I tried it to get more whole grains...but it's kinda gross
thmbdn.gif
...glad I found a purpose for it!)
As for the scratching of the brushes, I haven't noticed anything. Although, most of my MAC brushes have the writing worn off from everyday use...

brushholderoverhead.jpg

brushholder.jpg

I would make EnKore's kabuki brush holder, but it seemed like a lot of trouble...lol

V15U4L_3RR0R

I just use an oval shaped metal chocolate tin I got and filled it with Hama beads as I have a bazillion of the damn things already. I'll try and take a picture of it at some point soon.

MAC_addiction<3

Do you think you could use simmering granules? they're scented, they're the type you use to put in oil burners and to freshen up ash trays etc?

xxxx

mizzbeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell21
Here's my new holder, so much better than the bag i had them in before.

BrushHolder-1.jpg
Picture004-1.jpg

I have that same vase! Isn't it perty? I love how heavy it is so it won't slide around my dresser.

bell21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbeba
I have that same vase! Isn't it perty? I love how heavy it is so it won't slide around my dresser.

lol I love how heavy it is, I went back and forth between that one and two round ones while I was in Michaels and ended up going with that one because I knew I wouldn't have to worry about it sliding around too much or worse yet falling off the counter and shattering all over the place.

XxArtisticOnexX

Here's my Sephora Inspired Brush holders
smiles.gif

Far left brushes are non-Mac the other two are Mac. if curious.
My apologies for some dirty brushes